No announcement yet.

Robbie Lawler: Mayweather wouldn't last 2 minutes with any top UFC fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I imagine a lot of people who get into any combat sport are fighting on the streets early on so I don't see that making much difference.

To me this simply comes down to math. Boxers are trained in fists. MMA guys are trained in fists, knees, elbows, chokes, grappling, feet, legs & so on. There are just more ways for a MMA guy to take out a boxer & once a fight isn't standing up anymore most boxers are gonna be dead in the water.
    True...But listen up & listen good, MMA guys may be trained in fist but they don't master it by far! Please stop saying that they box, it's just not accurate...

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
      True...But listen up & listen good, MMA guys may be trained in fist but they don't master it by far! Please stop saying that they box, it's just not accurate...
      Some are. Nick Diaz has sparred with Andre Ward for years at this point & Ward has spoken highly of his talent for boxing. And I think there is some debate to be had by bigger MMA nerds then myself that you don't want a "boxers stance" or to be THAT married to boxing in the cage cuz of the multi attack points your opponent can bring.

But its just some basic logic **** that if you are the better at your fists than me, but I can kick you in the head, knee you in the face up close & take you down & choke you out you need more options than your fists or just need to be hoping you got quite a punch or I got a glass chin. This ain't THAT complicated. A guy with more weapons at a baseline respectable level is gonna beat a guy with one weapon at a high level more often. Sure some boxers will have a big enough punch or just be tough mfers to overcome multiple weapons coming their way, but more often than not all things being equal physically boxers will lose.

If you put two guy in a room, one with a 90 IQ & one with a 120 IQ & you give the 90 IQ guy a knife, a sword, ninja stars & a gun & the 120 IQ guy a knife & tell them to kill each other who do you think is gonna win more often then not? Thats boxing vs MMA in a real fight.

Comment

[QUOTE=Eff Pandas;16404494]Some are. Nick Diaz has sparred with Andre Ward for years at this point & Ward has spoken highly of his talent for boxing.

SUGAR RAY LENRD: Ohh Please... And???

Eff Pandas;
        And I think there is some debate to be had by bigger MMA nerds then myself that you don't want a "boxers stance" or to be THAT married to boxing in the cage cuz of the multi attack points your opponent can bring.

SUGAR RAY LENRD:
        I agree w/ you here cause you don't command the "Art of Boxing".

Eff Pandas;
        But its just some basic logic **** that if you are the better at your fists than me, but I can kick you in the head, knee you in the face up close & take you down & choke you out you need more options than your fists or just need to be hoping you got quite a punch or I got a glass chin.

SUGAR RAY LENRD:
        And listen up good again...I agree with what you just mention. Who said that i'm going to just stick to my fist??? It's simple...A good three punch combo will get you punch drunk enough (stun), that then I can do what I want to do with you, I can kick you in the head, knee you in the face up close & take you down & choke you out....What? you think we can't do that to? It's laughable that you think we only gonna use our fist.....

Eff Pandas;
        This ain't THAT complicated. A guy with more weapons at a baseline respectable level is gonna beat a guy with one weapon at a high level more often.

SUGAR RAY LENRD:
        Again get away from that notion that we only fight w/ our fist...first we'll catch with a good shot stun you & then....

Eff Pandas;
        Sure some boxers will have a big enough punch or just be tough mfers to overcome multiple weapons coming their way, but more often than not all things being equal physically boxers will lose.

SUGAR RAY LENRD:
        See, your thinking is primitive, you don't need to count on power...Boxers are also more punch tolerant to the head...

Think Boxing!!!
        Last edited by sugar ray lenrd; 01-21-2016, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyboy View Post
          Amazingly enough no MMA fighter would last two minutes with even a semi decent rifle marksman.

There's no MMA fighter out there who could even take ten points off me in a game of badminton.

Maybe a few more books and a little less steroid use Robbie. Idiot.
          hahaha, now that is perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
            SUGAR RAY LENRD:
            And listen up good again...I agree with what you just mention. Who said that i'm going to just stick to my fist??? It's simple...A good three punch combo will get you punch drunk enough (stun), that then I can do what I want to do with you, I can kick you in the head, knee you in the face up close & take you down & choke you out....What? you think we can't do that to? It's laughable that you think we only gonna use our fist.....
            So a boxer is just gonna naturally take to MMA type non-boxing fighting or have non-boxing MMA skills on point with a MMA guy? LOL thats f#cking nuts. I don't buy that at all. Maybe some small percentage of boxers will like I said, but that won't be the standard story. Most boxers will be as effective as James Toney was when he was taken to the ground. Fight will be over quick from there. Most boxers don't even know wtf sprawling is & will be on there back within milliseconds of any takedown attempt & tapping out soon after.

SUGAR RAY LENRD:
            See, your thinking is primitive, you don't need to count on power...Boxers are also more punch tolerant to the head...
            My assumption was that we are talking about a basic street fight at this point & in a basic street fight there isn't a whole lot of punch tolerance going on cuz no one is wearing gloves. And I also think there is a misconception MMA guys got lower punch tolerance than other combat sports guys, but the reality is if boxers wore those lil ass gloves MMA guys wore more boxers would be getting KTFO in the same way MMA guys do.
            Last edited by Eff Pandas; 01-22-2016, 09:15 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Eff Pandas;16406405]So a boxer is just gonna naturally take to MMA type non-boxing fighting or have non-boxing MMA skills on point with a MMA guy? LOL thats f#cking nuts. I don't buy that at all. Maybe some small percentage of boxers will like I said, but that won't be the standard story.

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
              Enjoy you fantasy UFC Video game....

Eff Pandas;
              Most boxers will be as effective as James Toney was when he was taken to the ground.

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
              Dude why are you bringing up James Toney? He was a shot fighter 10 yrs from that moment you are bringing up. This is where you lose your credibility....James Toney...instincts were shot/punchdrunk/incoherent/can't even pronounce one word properly...un-forken-belivable...

Comment

[QUOTE=sugar ray lenrd;16406607]
                Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                So a boxer is just gonna naturally take to MMA type non-boxing fighting or have non-boxing MMA skills on point with a MMA guy? LOL thats f#cking nuts. I don't buy that at all. Maybe some small percentage of boxers will like I said, but that won't be the standard story.

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
                Enjoy you fantasy UFC Video game....
                LOL bro you're the one living in a video game where sprawling & kicking dudes in the face is just some **** you can expertly do after not training to do those very often if at all vs a guy who trains to do those things day in day out for years.

You seem to think boxing for 10 years gives you fist superpowers, but training MMA for 10 years doesn't make one superior to nearly every boxer in all other combat sports except boxing.

Eff Pandas;
                Most boxers will be as effective as James Toney was when he was taken to the ground.

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
                Dude why are you bringing up James Toney?.
                Seemed pretty clear to me. I wasn't noting Toney for losing a MMA fight, I was noting Toney cuz like I said pretty clearly most boxers are gonna be just like Toney when they get taken down. But based on this lil debate we got going I don't expect you to be able to grasp certain analogy's or just basic comparisons.

And people **** on Toney for his performance, but thats exactly what'll happen to most boxers cuz most boxers got lil to no ground game & have no clear what to do or not do on the ground. Its like day 1 of wrestling camp & you are new to wrestling & you are training all day with the high school champ. You are just gonna get defeated over & over & over & over.

Comment

Roger Federor would barely win a point against any top 10 squash player.

Comment

[QUOTE=Eff Pandas;
                    You seem to think boxing for 10 years gives you fist superpowers, but training MMA for 10 years doesn't make one superior to nearly every boxer in all other combat sports except boxing.

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
                    Nah...I don't think like that first of all every fighter must be respected, no matter what art you practice, by doing that you are half way to defeating your opponent. But under this foolish assumption that boxers don't know how to grapple, kick, choke...as boxer you naturally gonna stick to your element first. as for your style, if you can't grapple effectively than what have you?...it's like tossing a coin in the air you must play your cards properly. Just remember if you ever run into boxer...I warned you

Eff Pandas;
                    I wasn't noting Toney for losing a MMA fight, I was noting Toney cuz like I said pretty clearly most boxers are gonna be just like Toney when they get taken down.

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
                    But they won't be like Toney, his instincts are shot, he is slower, get it? he does not have a boxers proper instinct anymore. So the Toney example is irrelevant. Your argument is that most boxer will turnout like Toney & that is misleading Toney is considered a has been for over a decade...Of course he would be easy to grapple & take down...what don't you get?

Eff Pandas;
                    But based on this lil debate we got going I don't expect you to be able to grasp certain analogy's or just basic comparisons.

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
                    I am a trainer, and what I see in the gym speaks for itself. I am approach constantly to train UFC figthers...And i'm sorry but many of them look lost even in their own game. I feel sorry for them, their trainers for the most part are taking these fighters for a long ride...if you know what i mean. And son, yes i do get it, each one will excel in their own dwelling, but don't come posting in here that it's a sure bet that you are gonna lick a boxer in the streets. it is incorrect & misleading. And like I posted before 90% of boxers in my gym are from the streets so don't count them out in their natural dwelling. UFC fighters in my gym are 20% from the streets.

Comment

Working...
                    X