Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr. on Roach Admitting Floyd Jr. is The Era's Best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
    I always give credit where credit is due and have always respected Floyd. Just thought to bring up that point as it is technically true. Now if you were to look at who's the best fighter in the last decade then that would obviously be Floyd.
    There's nothing technically true about it. Different eras, and I'm not sure you'd find too many people agreeing with Holyfield having a better resume.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
      There's nothing technically true about it. Different eras, and I'm not sure you'd find too many people agreeing with Holyfield having a better resume.
      I'm quite sure I would. Holyfield was active in this era and he is the greatest fighter to have fought in this era because of his previous accomplishments. But if you were only looking at what has been achieved in THIS era then Holyfield would be reduced to bum status and Floyd would be the best.

Comment

Floyd is the best fighter of this era, no need to bring up anyone else, this does not mean other great fighters didn't fight during his era, no need to even bring up holyfield just stop

Comment

I'm quite sure I would. Holyfield was active in this era and he is the greatest fighter to have fought in this era because of his previous accomplishments. But if you were only looking at what has been achieved in THIS era then Holyfield would be reduced to bum status and Floyd would be the best.
          Even taking all of Holyfield's entire resume into account, you'll find yourself practically alone having a better resume than Floyd.

Here's how the people that matter saw it prior to May 2nd

That's all irrelevant anyway since he isn't from the same era.

Comment

Even taking all of Holyfield's entire resume into account, you'll find yourself practically alone having a better resume than Floyd.

Here's how the people that matter saw it prior to May 2nd

That's all irrelevant anyway since he isn't from the same era.
            He's from the same era but just didn't accomplish anything in this era. He done it in the previous ones but was still active in this era.

Also that's p4p list, not a comparison of resumes.

Comment

He's from the same era but just didn't accomplish anything in this era. He done it in the previous ones but was still active in this era.

Also that's p4p list, not a comparison of resumes.
              He's from the same era but somehow didn't accomplish anything in that era? Are you even listening to yourself?

Glad to know there was a valid reason for having you on ignore. I should've known better.

Comment

Floyd and his team the best to do business in the game.. Cashing out and marketing has been and medicore oppoents

Comment

I'm quite sure I would. Holyfield was active in this era and he is the greatest fighter to have fought in this era because of his previous accomplishments.
                  Fck outta here

Lennox retired in 2003 and last time I checked he beat Holyfield

Also

Duran fought in 2001 buddy

Stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
                    Haters always gonna hate. Name one fighter in the past decade that was better then Floyd and why?
                    I'm no hater, just asking a question. Did it start in 2000, or 2010? "ERA" is a very subjective term! You must remember that at one time Roy Jones Jr. was fighting while Floyd was fighting too.

December 26, 2015:

"In between the years 1989 and 2003, with the exception of Sugar Ray Leonard, Jones was the most gifted fighter/boxer I've seen since Muhammad Ali. Roy could do it all, box, punch with both hands, put punches together in blinding succession to the head and body and he was impossible to touch with a clean shot.

When fans even attempt to compare Floyd Mayweather to Roy Jones from a skill and talent vantage point, it's a joke. Roy did everything better than Floyd but pick and choose his opposition. He beat Bernard Hopkins and James Toney, two first ballot hall of famers and all-time greats when they were in their prime, and in 24 rounds against them, maybe he lost five. Mayweather doesn't own a single win on his record that equals Jones beating Hopkins let alone both he and Toney. And to think Roy dominated a quality heavyweight like Ruiz, who went 1-1-1 in three consecutive bouts with Evander Holyfield, and who was 50 pounds heavier than any other opponent Jones ever fought to capture a piece of the heavyweight title....was a career defining accomplishment"

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...ing-and-bryant

Comment

He's from the same era but somehow didn't accomplish anything in that era? Are you even listening to yourself?

Glad to know there was a valid reason for having you on ignore. I should've known better.
                      Let me break it down for you in a more simple manner.

Holyfield competed in several era's, including the one in which Mayweather was the best. He didn't accomplish much during the era where Floyd was the best but did so in the era before. I'm saying he was the best fighter to have fought in this era when looking at all the fighter who have fought in this era and examining there whole resume. If you were going to look at what was accomplished in this era alone, then obviously his record is ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X