Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum refusing to let Pac pick Broner for his last fight is downright blasphemous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Pac really cared, he would insist and Arum would make whatever fight Pac wanted. He doesn't care, so he won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      The HBO thing could be legit. But I don't think its saying Haymon fighters aren't allowed on HBO cuz Khan is still in the running & he's a Haymon fighter.

I don't exactly see why HBO wouldn't be good with Broner & Crawford as I see these guys on basically the same or similar level of popularity, but obviously Crawford has more upside for HBO being that he's an HBO boxer so I could understand if HBO sees those guys on basically the same level PPV sales wise, but much different levels in regards to HBO's ability to build Crawford into something much bigger from a win over Manny vs Broner just going back to PBC if he beat Manny (don't see either of those things happening, but HBO has to consider all options obviously regardless of whats likely or not likely to happen).
      Eff P-kudos on so many nominations for POTY. I forgot about you. My bad.

Respectfully, Bob put the kibash on the khan fight a while ago. There are a couple posts about it in this thread.

Crawford has the unique home base of support. Very few fighters can guarantee 9-10k fans at least twice a year as Crawford can in Omaha. He is VERY valuable to HBO and they likely do not want to risk losing him.

If he wins in Vegas, he could establish a base there. Canelo has 4 bases-mexico, texas cali and Vegas. GGG has 2-MSG and SoCal (Monaco but its too small). If you can get Crawford 2 that would be huge.

Crawford losing to Manny would be like Canelo losing to Floyd-no real shame (of course we know what the trolls on NSB will do). I

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        You have been a little off with your facts during our discussions so I would respectfully ask you to fact check what you said regarding Haymon.

As for this thread-it seems clear that HBO and Bob have a different idea for Manny's last fight then Manny does. since Bob and HBO split Manny's signing bonus, looks like Manny will not be able to choose his next opponent.

Manny wants what's best for him. Bob wants what's best for Bob. HBO wants what's best for them. Which entity do you think loses out?
        first off, no I havent. And 2nd, Thurman and other fighters have publicly said on numerous occasions that they are given a list of 3 names to choose from.

I know you like to think that papa Al is just this benevolent kindred soul who goes around the galaxy spreading good will and sunshine, but like everyone else in this industry, he's a businessman. You know, that whole "it bidness doe" thing?

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          first off, no I havent. And 2nd, Thurman and other fighters have publicly said on numerous occasions that they are given a list of 3 names to choose from.

I know you like to think that papa Al is just this benevolent kindred soul who goes around the galaxy spreading good will and sunshine, but like everyone else in this industry, he's a businessman. You know, that whole "it bidness doe" thing?
          Need I remind you-how many PPV's did you vote for? Who did GGG beat to win the MW title? Please, fact check yourself dude.

Ok, I do recall Thurman saying that.

This isn't a thread about Al so I am not making any statements on what kind of person he is. This thread is about Arum not letting Pac pick Broner. I am wondering why this happened.

It would be nice if you could discuss the thread topic as well.

Comment

are people seriously advocating a Broner fight, over guys like Khan, Brook, Bradley, TC? ****ing hell you lot have gone crazy

Comment

if this wasn't Pac last match then I dont mind this fight not happening. But since it is, its a bummer for me. I rather see this fight than Bradley III

Comment

Need I remind you-how many PPV's did you vote for? Who did GGG beat to win the MW title? Please, fact check yourself dude.

Ok, I do recall Thurman saying that.

This isn't a thread about Al so I am not making any statements on what kind of person he is. This thread is about Arum not letting Pac pick Broner. I am wondering why this happened.

It would be nice if you could discuss the thread topic as well.
                wow, really? THATS what you are attacking my credibility on? The fact that I forgot a 5 year old fight was for an interim title instead of a regular title?

Must be nice to remember every single detail correctly of everything you've ever witnessed in your entire life. A person who can accomplish that aint ever done anything.

And I know damn well the thread isnt about Al. But yet you felt the need to chime in and add your $.02, which actually is worth nothing. I mentioned Al because the racist TS wants to make out like Bob having the say-so over an opponent is some new thing in the industry or something only white promoters do........

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  wow, really? THATS what you are attacking my credibility on? The fact that I forgot a 5 year old fight was for an interim title instead of a regular title?

Must be nice to remember every single detail correctly of everything you've ever witnessed in your entire life. A person who can accomplish that aint ever done anything.

And I know damn well the thread isnt about Al. But yet you felt the need to chime in and add your $.02, which actually is worth nothing. I mentioned Al because the racist TS wants to make out like Bob having the say-so over an opponent is some new thing in the industry or something only white promoters do........
                  Look dude, I'm not lying. You called me out on it, quite vociferously if you don't recall, and was dead wrong. All I ask is you check your facts.

I don't think he is doing that at all. He is reacting to Bob saying a few weeks ago that Manny would choose his opponent and that was the reason for the delay in announcing. Now we are seeing something else.

Bob (or HBO) doing this is something most fans are annoyed about. Yet you (and bigdunny1) are complaining about Haymon rather than Bob and the thread topic. It's really out of place.

You did the same thing last week when the topic was the walters/sosa MD-you brought up Brazzeale v Kassi card and Haymon. It was out of place as well.

If my opinion isn't worth anything then why are you quoting me in multiple threads?

Comment

Originally posted by KaL-EL View Post
                    if this wasn't Pac last match then I dont mind this fight not happening. But since it is, its a bummer for me. I rather see this fight than Bradley III
                    Why? Is Broner better than Bradley?

I don't particular want Bradley/Pac III either but it would be far better than this proposed crap but the perfect fight, in terms of styles and potential action would be Pac v Khan. I'd take Pac v Brook and Pac v TC over lil brother any day of the week.

Also, it's not Pac's last fight.

Comment

Look dude, I'm not lying. You called me out on it, quite vociferously if you don't recall, and was dead wrong. All I ask is you check your facts.

I don't think he is doing that at all. He is reacting to Bob saying a few weeks ago that Manny would choose his opponent and that was the reason for the delay in announcing. Now we are seeing something else.

Bob (or HBO) doing this is something most fans are annoyed about. Yet you (and bigdunny1) are complaining about Haymon rather than Bob and the thread topic. It's really out of place.

You did the same thing last week when the topic was the walters/sosa MD-you brought up Brazzeale v Kassi card and Haymon. It was out of place as well.

If my opinion isn't worth anything then why are you quoting me in multiple threads?

we went over that. And I stated quite plainly that I thought the fight was for a regular title, not an interim. I also dont think it really matters WHAT the WBA calls their garbage straps, the underlying point was the same. Each guy won a vacant title while another champ was seated above them. But hey, if it makes you feel special that you distinguish between interim regular super and all the rest, then great. Put it on your resume. Most normal people though dont give a **** one way or the other.

And the point of comparisons of similar situations is easy. An honest objective person can be honest about it. You obviously cant. You like to say "ohhhh something is up" and "something smells fishy" and " oooohhhh walters contract was up" and "ooohhhhhh but im not saying fix wink wink wink" when it involves Arum, but an even worse decision happens on a Haymon card and suddenly you're a mime?

Face it, you cannot be objective. I was totally objective on the issue. Neither Haymon nor Arum fixed those fights. Its just bad judging. But in YOUR eyes it can only be bad judging if the promoter (oops, advisorrrrrrr) is black. Then nothing at all needs to be said. If the promoter is white however, then something obviously smells fishy.

You're a hack with a race agenda, and aren't even honest enough to admit it.

Comment

Working...
                      X