Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum refusing to let Pac pick Broner for his last fight is downright blasphemous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pac man is a legend and should be able to go out how he wants to, but he will fight a top rank fighter we all know this

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
      Here are the FACTS:
      • Pac has been signed to Top Rank for the majority of his PPV career
      • Pac has made Bob Arum and Top Rank MILLIONS of dollars from various outlets including PPV and merchandise
      • Pac has been extremely loyal and obedient to Bob Arum despite people in his own camp asking him to go solo
      • Bob Arum has forced Pac to participate in in-house fights for the better part of his career with Top Rank
      • Bob Arum only shot down the Broner fight because he's not with Top Rank, therefore he doesn't get 100% of the money

To not let him pick Broner for his last fight is outrageous. And we know Pac WANTS to fight Broner, because he was the one that gave the green light for his manager Michael Koncz, to make a personal phone call to Broner to make the fight. There is no doubt in my mind, Pac wanted to fight Broner. Broner is someone that Pac can get excited and motivated for. I mean, compare Broner to guys like Bradley and Crawford. How is Pac supposed to get motivated for a guy who he schooled twice and another guy who will use footwork and movement and force Pac to chase him around?

The real reason he shot Broner down, in my opinion, is for TWO reasons. Number one being that Broner isn't signed to Top Rank, he's signed to his "rival" Al Haymon. And Number two is because Pac and Knocz went behind Arum's back to try to negotiate with Broner. This likely made Bob HEATED. This man is a snake and I can't wait till hes out of boxing for good. What a joke.

Pac has dedicated 21 years to this brutal sport, his accolades are out of this world. Let the man pick Broner for his final fight if he wants to, Bob. This isn't about you, it's about the man they call "Pacman".

yeah yeah yeah, Arum is the big bad evil white man, only concerned with how much he can profit off the oppressed minorities.

BTW, besides mandos, let me know when Haymon puts one of his top fighters in with any non-Haymon fighters. Or is what HE does somehow different?

Comment

I agree. If Pac wants to fight Broner as his last fight he should be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
          I agree. If Pac wants to fight Broner as his last fight he should be able to.
          That's what Bob told us a few weeks ago-Manny will pick his opponent.

After reading this and Bigpoppapump's thread it seems either Bob was lying (as he almost always does) or HBO said no to Broner behind the scenes.

If it's the latter, that really sucks and suggests Haymon fighters will not be back on HBO. I mean Broner is a name but not too dangerous for Manny. If it's the former, well then Pac/Crawford or Pac/Bradley 3 it is.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            Arum is taking a line from Henry Ford:

"Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black."
            LOL, but yea this.

I mean we all know how this business works or should know. I think few were believing Broner was legit in play here. And Arum confirmed that with trying to pass the torch to one of his guys.

I'm a lil surprised Khan is still in the running, but I'm guessing the numbers probably better tell the story & its something like $25M for fighting Crawford, $19M for fighting Bradley & $12M for fighting Khan or something like that. So Arum has decided what he wants & now its on Manny to "decide". Thats just how **** works man. The promoter is the most powerful guy in boxing right now & Arum knows how to work that power as do all the guys at or near Arum's level of influence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

After reading this and Bigpoppapump's thread it seems either Bob was lying (as he almost always does) or HBO said no to Broner behind the scenes.

If it's the latter, that really sucks and suggests Haymon fighters will not be back on HBO. I mean Broner is a name but not too dangerous for Manny. If it's the former, well then Pac/Crawford or Pac/Bradley 3 it is.
              I can't imagine HBO surviving without Haymon. Ward/Kovalev have no one to fight after each other, GGG/Canelo have no one to fight after each other, Crawford, Bradley and Postol's options are limited, Lomechenko is going to be forced to move up, etc.

HBO has all of the pound for pound fighters but Haymon has all of the opponents.

Comment

and he will. From the list Bob gives him. Same way Haymon operates. Heres a list of 3 guys, pick one

Comment

The HBO thing could be legit. But I don't think its saying Haymon fighters aren't allowed on HBO cuz Khan is still in the running & he's a Haymon fighter.

I don't exactly see why HBO wouldn't be good with Broner & Crawford as I see these guys on basically the same or similar level of popularity, but obviously Crawford has more upside for HBO being that he's an HBO boxer so I could understand if HBO sees those guys on basically the same level PPV sales wise, but much different levels in regards to HBO's ability to build Crawford into something much bigger from a win over Manny vs Broner just going back to PBC if he beat Manny (don't see either of those things happening, but HBO has to consider all options obviously regardless of whats likely or not likely to happen).

Comment

Why do you guys still let Pac off the hook and blame Arum for all this stuff? "Let" Pacquiao fight Broner? GTFO with that.

Pacquiao is not only a grown man but one of the biggest draws in the world. If he wanted to fight Broner, he could simply say "No. I'm not fighting any TR fighters, I'm fighting Broner. Make the fight." and the fight would get made. But he doesnt. He fights who Arum wants him to fight. Every time. And how many times has Pac extended his contract with Arum now?

Dude is responsible for his own actions. A fighter as huge as Pac can't blame fights not being made on his promoter; he has the weight to make his own decisions and the blame lies solely on him.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                      and he will. From the list Bob gives him. Same way Haymon operates. Heres a list of 3 guys, pick one
                      You have been a little off with your facts during our discussions so I would respectfully ask you to fact check what you said regarding Haymon.

As for this thread-it seems clear that HBO and Bob have a different idea for Manny's last fight then Manny does. since Bob and HBO split Manny's signing bonus, looks like Manny will not be able to choose his next opponent.

Manny wants what's best for him. Bob wants what's best for Bob. HBO wants what's best for them. Which entity do you think loses out?

Comment

Working...
                      X