Collapse
No announcement yet.

Famous fighters who have been allegedly embarrassed in sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard people talking about a streetfight with Gary Russell & Terence Crawford where allegedly Crawford's chin didn't pass the test.

Here's the first couple rounds of Mayweather's & Spadafora's sparring session. Think there are 6 rounds total over a couple more videos iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Edwin Valero got the best of both morales and Oscar circa 2005-08ish
      I saw the valero morales sparring in preparation for morales vs pac 1...it was pretty even. Valero wobbled jose santa cruz pretty good tho.

Comment

Benavidez apparently totally schooled Khan and Bradley is sparring. There used to be a video of him outclassing Porter.

Valero did a number on a lot of world class fighters. He nearly took Antillon's head off, and there was a video of him getting the better of Morales. There was also one of him and Marquez but it got taken down.

And who can forget Vanes outclassing Chavez Jr at the Wildcard?

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero's Dad View Post
          Benavidez apparently totally schooled Khan and Bradley is sparring. There used to be a video of him outclassing Porter.

Valero did a number on a lot of world class fighters. He nearly took Antillon's head off, and there was a video of him getting the better of Morales. There was also one of him and Marquez but it got taken down.

And who can forget Vanes outclassing Chavez Jr at the Wildcard?
          Just saw the Chavez Jr vs Vanes sparring, great shout-out, more exciting than some fights. Chavez Jr truly was an overrated bully.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
            interesting. maybe that's why Floyd ducked him in 2002-2003
            At no point did this happen.

But the sorting story is true. It's on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              does this sound like floyd to you? floyd always stays in shape between fights and you think floyd's pride is going to let him get beat up? he tried and he was bettered by spadafora. ever since then his sparring has been super secret because he wants to maintain the "i'm perfect, no one can beat me" image that he has created.
              Just when I thought it wasn't possible for you to get more pathetic Jesus Christ.

Comment

Floyd supposedly schooled Pernell in sparring. Floyd got into a heated session with Lamont Peterson. Mike Tyson supposedly got the best of Lennox Lewis when they were younger.

Comment

Chavez in his prime knocked down dlh in sparring then gave him some
                  Spending money

Comment

Originally posted by Geon View Post
                    Tbh i think he always stays in shape between fights now because of that session, remember this was early in floyds career.

That's exactly why. Roger even said as much in an interview awhile back. Younger Floyd wasn't always the gym rat that defined the majority of his career.

Comment

Y'all post some vidz of the ones that exist.

I heard Naseem looked horrible in preparation for Barrera. The prefight doc says otherwise though.

We all know the Spence beating Broner around the ring story.

Morales getting the better of Floyd and rocking him is pretty well known.

I know there is probably some Cotto stories in sparring. I've heard behind closed doors his diva attitude is exemplified in a manner that makes his current reputation look like the fair haired boy.

Comment

Working...
                      X