Collapse
No announcement yet.

Famous fighters who have been allegedly embarrassed in sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amir Khan was beating up and dropping Pacquiao so much they stopped using him as a sparring partner.

Error Spence was ****ing Floyd up.

Mike Tyson sparred a gorilla
    Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 12-25-2015, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
      interesting. maybe that's why Floyd ducked him in 2002-2003
      Oh boy with the ducking. Duck people are everywhere.

And Floyd vs Paul isn't allegedly anything. That sparring session is on youtube. The small print & less interesting aspect of that session is that Paul had a fight he was in camp for & Floyd had been sitting on his ass for a minute. A lot of these big names getting beat up or "losing" a sparring session tend to fit into that sorta realm, one lesser known or perceived guy preparing for a fight & the big name eating ding dongs & drinking yoohoo on the way to the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR ROSADO! View Post
        that the reason Mayweather doesnt liek Morales to this day.

another true Gym Tale

Robert Garcia Knocked out Morales in 1 round in sparring.
        The reason he cheered for pacman vs el terrible

Comment

TAKE THIS FOR WHATEVER ITS WORTH, from 1999

WBC 122 lb. champion Erik Morales recently spent a few days training at
          high-altitude Big Bear, CA. While there, Morales sparred with WBC 130 lb. champ
          Floyd "Pretty Boy" Mayweather. According to a Los Angeles newspaper, for two
          rounds the smaller Morales put some serious hurt on the larger Mayweather.
          Mayweather didn't like it one bit and stormed out angry.

By Diamond Damon

> Due to numerous requests from readers wanting to know what really happened
          > between Erik Morales and Floyd Mayweather when they sparred at Big Bear, CA,
          > Diamond Damon went right to the source. Erik was not at home but I did speak with
          > Erik's chief second Fernando Fernandez who was there when they sparred. He told
          > me that when Erik and Floyd were sparring together on the first day that Floyd
          > was trying to teach Erik some of his defensive moves and Erik told him "No way,
          > you can't do it
          > like that or you'll get hit". Floyd didn't believe him so Erik started started
          > feinting him and then peppering him with shots. Fernando said Erik did land some
          > big shots on Floyd and that Floyd looked really surprised and eventually stormed
          > out of the ring all
          > pissed off. The next day they were supposed to spar again but Floyd didn't show
          > up, electing to train in the afternoon instead of in the morning with Erik. The
          > same
          > story was told to me by Erik's brother Diego Morales, the WBO super flyweight
          > champion. Boxing Mania! reporter Ramiro Sanchez will be seeing Erik at the fights
          >
          > Friday night in Tijuana and will try to get more information. Erik is generally a
          > pretty
          > modest fellow so he'll probably try to downplay it, but I believe it's safe to
          > say that
          > Erik more than held his own with the larger Mayweather.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ng/BroQ1dxBDL0
          Last edited by iLovesoccermoms; 12-25-2015, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by twrx View Post
            The reason he cheered for pacman vs el terrible

yup he showed up jumping up and down on his chair everytime Pacquaio had a flurry lol he thought Morales might be in his future and he wanted someone to ice him and losen em up for him story of mayweathers life.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Oh boy with the ducking. Duck people are everywhere.

And Floyd vs Paul isn't allegedly anything. That sparring session is on youtube. The small print & less interesting aspect of that session is that Paul had a fight he was in camp for & Floyd had been sitting on his ass for a minute. A lot of these big names getting beat up or "losing" a sparring session tend to fit into that sorta realm, one lesser known or perceived guy preparing for a fight & the big name eating ding dongs & drinking yoohoo on the way to the gym.
              does this sound like floyd to you? floyd always stays in shape between fights and you think floyd's pride is going to let him get beat up? he tried and he was bettered by spadafora. ever since then his sparring has been super secret because he wants to maintain the "i'm perfect, no one can beat me" image that he has created.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                does this sound like floyd to you? floyd always stays in shape between fights and you think floyd's pride is going to let him get beat up? he tried and he was bettered by spadafora. ever since then his sparring has been super secret because he wants to maintain the "i'm perfect, no one can beat me" image that he has created.
                Tbh i think he always stays in shape between fights now because of that session, remember this was early in floyds career.

Comment

So, this is really about Floyd? It embarrassing enough when ppl have to go back to his amateur days to find a loss, but gawd damn, sparring? Aren't we fawking desperate???

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    does this sound like floyd to you? floyd always stays in shape between fights and you think floyd's pride is going to let him get beat up?
                    I think it stands to reason no one is in shape all the time. Not even elite athletes & I think for elite athletes there is still in shape & outta shape although for "civilians" it might not be as noticeable.

And Floyd was a notoriously bad eater up til his retirement so idk about ding dongs & yoohoo's specifically, but I'm sure younger Floyd was even less mindful of what he ate as humans tend to be.

Btw another thing with sparring sessions that gets looked over is the fighters don't necessarily got the same goals in the ring. Fighter A could be giving the fight of his life & fighter B could just be working on slipping a jab & coming back with a specific combo. There is so much that could be potentially going on in a sparring session that leads to "upsets" in sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                      So, this is really about Floyd? It embarrassing enough when ppl have to go back to his amateur days to find a loss, but gawd damn, sparring? Aren't we fawking desperate???
                      I think its just a sparring thread & Floyd has a couple well known sessions that were out there in the ether well before he become "Money" Mayweather.

Although granted some cats live & die on dissing Floyd by any means necessary in any thread possible like daggum so a Floyd sparring session from 1999 is one of the most visible strikes against him in the ring for people that know about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X