No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Arum, De La Hoya Don’t Care About Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's 100% right.

Look at how Danny Garcia's career turned out and then compare it to Matthysse's.

Garcia is still undefeated and continuing to grow. He's headlined cards in the East Coast, Puerto Rico, and now in Los Angeles against Guererro. He's stock continues to grow, and he'll be in line for mega-paydays in the near future. As far as Lucas goes? Well, after losing to Postal there's not much left for him. He has no one to fight and no momentum behind him. He needs to consider going to Haymon if he wants to continue his career in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
      Canelo is getting his easy fight in September, he's coming off a long streak of them before Cotto. He's not facing a murderer's row here, just another champ in the division 9 or so months from now. The timing makes sense, is all. If that's what you're disputing, then we disagree.

And Pac got ktfo in his mid-30s after a long and hard career, that is not the same.
      No dispute really im just saying I understand what floyd is saying. And as a promoter he has to throw dirt at his rivals. And I don't give credit for age. If you get in the ring you should be held to the same standards. But I don't dispute your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
        Because cotto or canelo would not fight him...same as Saunders now....lemeuix was the only one to take the task of facing him...was cotto the middleweight ? Did he pay golovkin to step aside so he could face canelo...is canelo refusing to face golovkin at 160 even the middleweight title is up to 160...you must be pretty ******ed if you can't see no one wants to face golovkin at middleweight....the evidence is right in front of you....as for mayweather I am only responding to a stupid mayweather report otherwise he would not get a response from me....who else will face golovkn at middleweight ? Your talking like a mayweather f@cktard.....so where are the 95 percent of mayweather stories on this website ? Lol as I said golovkin has wiped the floor with every opponent that has had the balls to face him the like of cotto canelo or Saunders has openly admitted thy don't want to face him in an even fight...as for promoters they pay th fighters wages..they get them exposure and known to the world so of course they want maximum return on there investment...it's a business you f&cktard not a charity donation lol....beam me up Scottie
        Since 12/19 there have been 7 articles about floyd to five about ggg. So again get your facts together before you jump out with the name calling bs. So then I must admit I was wrong...there are probably more stories about floyd than 98% of active fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
          Someone please beam this don't know **** about boxing idiot. Like I said kirkland would fight ggg so sould lara even though lara is on show time it could be made. He could have fought ward at 168lbs but he begged off like your dumbass should. When there are legit challenges ggg makes the fight unapproachable. He is willing to go to 154lbs for floyd but won't do the same for canelo. And if you are going to quote me at least get it right. I said there are more articles of floyd than 95% of the other boxers. In the past 3 days there wre about 4 or five stories about floyd so how is he irrelevant you moron. I did notice you ducked the willie Monroe comment. In the fight game there is no one who is so feared they can't get a match. Mike tyson at his best had no trouble getting fights to GTFO with the everyone is scared of ggg. He can get Monroe, rubio and macklin but no legit threat????? you sound like the gullible school believing everything a dude says. Lol your a ****ing joke and while you talk **** about floyd I bet you only fought and beat your little sister. You little ****.
          Your an idiot and inbred...168 is not middleweight..and last time I checked ward is 172 and getting higher.secondly talk is cheap...where is Lara...he talks a good fight but he won't move upto middleweight to face GOLOVKIN ...ur grabbing at straws ****stick...now u have added Kirkland to the gennady golovkin I'll fight him brigade...and now you mention mike Tyson as an example....let me see who actually in his prime faced tyson.....was it tony tubbs,David bey,Carl Williams,James smith...you know nothing dip**** so don't talk about boxing and stick to daytime t.v of wheel of fortune...boxing is for men not wrong turn folk.....as I said Golovkin beats everybody at middleweight bar none but if your so confident he don't name the bet and put it on the line......and stop chucking that fried f@cking chicken down your throat mongo the breadcrumbs are messing with your brain

Comment

Since 12/19 there have been 7 articles about floyd to five about ggg. So again get your facts together before you jump out with the name calling bs. So then I must admit I was wrong...there are probably more stories about floyd than 98% of active fighters.
            Again you wrote its 95 percent of the stories on BS and who mentioned GGG in comparing stories obviously your just as thick as MAYWEATHER if you can't work out what 95 percent of articles mean....let me enlighten you fried chicken man ...if there's a 100 articles and 95 articles are about FMJ then that's is the 95 percent you spoke about lol....but today when I checked there's 40 headlining stories with only 2 main mayweather articles and one joint with GOLOVKIN ...so again Johnny f@ckstick get your facts straight before you come back at me looking like a wrong turn chappie lol...beam me up Scottie

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
              Again you wrote its 95 percent of the stories on BS and who mentioned GGG in comparing stories obviously your just as thick as MAYWEATHER if you can't work out what 95 percent of articles mean....let me enlighten you fried chicken man ...if there's a 100 articles and 95 articles are about FMJ then that's is the 95 percent you spoke about lol....but today when I checked there's 40 headlining stories with only 2 main mayweather articles and one joint with GOLOVKIN ...so again Johnny f@ckstick get your facts straight before you come back at me looking like a wrong turn chappie lol...beam me up Scottie
              You really are slow!!!! All you have to do is go back and see my post on page 7 which CLEARLY says there are more ARTICLES about floyd than 95% of the active fighters. How slow are you plunger. Like your last name you are seeped in ****. And stop begging scottie to beam you up! No one wants your dumb azz.

Comment

An entertainment promoter in industries like music, wrestling, and sports is a person or company in the business of marketing and promoting live events such as concerts/gigs, sports events, professional wrestling (wrestling events), festivals, raves, and nightclubs.

Contents [hide]
                1 Description
                1.1 Business model
                1.2 Contracts and disputes
                1.3 Promotion methods
                1.4 Image Promotion / VIP Hosting
                2 Notable promoters
                3 See also
                4 References
                Description[edit]
                Business model[edit]
                Promoters are typically hired as an independent contractor by music venues, earning an agreed-to fee or royalties (colloquially known as a "cut"). The royalty structure is often a simple percentage of admission fees (called "the door") and/or food and drink sales, but like other royalty arrangements many variations are possible such as minimums or maximums, allowances for various expenses, or limitations (e.g., only drink sales after midnight). Other promoters operate independently, renting venues for a fixed fee or under a revenue sharing arrangement with the building owner or tenant, and keeping all of the additional profits from a successful event. One common arrangement for small venues is for the promoter to earn all of the admissions fees, while the venue earns all of the food and drink revenue.

Some venues have exclusive arrangements with a single promotion company; others work with multiple promoters on a rotating schedule (one night per week, for example) or on an event-by-event basis. Promoters often work together, either as equal partners or as subcontractors to each other's events. Several promoters may work together for a large special event, e.g., a New Year's Eve party in a hotel ballroom. They may also deputize "hosts", who are essentially socially influential or desirable non-promoters who will market the events to their circle of friends in exchange for special treatment or free admission to the event.

At a minimum the event promoter manages publicity and advertising. Depending on the arrangement they may also handle security, ticket sales, Admission to an event or establishment (door policies), decorations, and booking of entertainers. Many promoters are DJs or musicians themselves, and perform at their own event.

These days, the scope of promoters have widened as bloggers and people with a large following on social media now consider themselves as promoters and charge fees for whatever kind of promotional service is required on their platform or through their efforts.

Conversely, many musicians act as de facto promoters for their own concerts, either directly or through their manager or booking company. Historically, promotion has been a cottage industry, with companies operated by one or several well-connected charismatic individuals, often working part-time. However, with the rise of corporate ownership of live entertainment assets several large companies have emerged in the field, most notably Live Nation via its acquisition (indirectly, via Clear Channel), of Bill Graham Presents. The larger companies tend to promote more traditional mainstream music in exclusive contracts with concert halls. Alternative music and events and nightclubs remain in the hands of independent promoters.

Contracts and disputes[edit]
                There are often disputes over money in the promotions industry because it is largely cash business with a history of corruption and uneven recordkeeping. In addition there are many accounting complexities to manage, particularly for large events: revenue, expenses, and oversight of parking, coat checks, concession vendor sales (e.g., CDs and t-shirts), box office so-called "convenience fees", in kind trades, promotional give-away items used to lure guests (e.g., free drinks), costs for insurance, cleaning staff, and so on. One area of frequent contention are quid pro quo cross-promotions, where the promoter or some other party connected with the venue will obtain a favor (for example, a price discount) in exchange for giving a future favor to the vendor. If the existence of the scheme, or the relationship between the parties, is undisclosed this may become a form of bribery. Another opportunity for misunderstanding are the various "lists" of guests who will be admitted for free or with VIP treatment, and the "door policy" used by bouncers to decide who will be admitted and at what price. To deal with these complexities event contracts can become quite long and detailed. Whether written or not, these arrangements tend to favor the party with the greater sophistication or the more control over the production of the event. Even the most detailed, professionally written and negotiated contracts can become the subject of lawsuits over interpretation.

Because nightclubs are often associated with drug and alcohol consumption, rowdiness, and other late-night behavior, promoters may become entangled in various criminal disputes as well.

Promotion methods[edit]
                Promoters bring crowds through a variety of methods. The most direct are guerrilla marketing techniques such as plastering posters on outdoor walls, flyposting, and distributing handbills on windows of cars parked in entertainment districts. Promoters also keep mailing lists, usually email lists, of their preferred guests and their wider list of potential customers. Recently, many promoters have taken advantage of online technology such as online social networks and event listing sites to handle publicity, invitations, mailing lists, and so on. Clubs and promoters are among leaders in SMS text message advertising to their own lists as well as sponsored snippets on third-party lists for daily content to subscribers. Many fans promote events,products through their Facebook/Twitter/Myspace on their own free will.

Promoters often build a brand out of their own personalities and the parties they host, marketing the events under a consistent name, style, type of program, and social experience that downplays the branding of the venue or artist. They may develop a loyal clientele that will follow them from one location to another.

Image Promotion / VIP Hosting[edit]
                In cosmopolitan cities with large affluent populations, there are upscale venues that employ the services of a special kind of promoter called an image promoter. The role of the image promoter is to bring celebrities or fashion models to high end venues and host them at a VIP table. In order to entice models and celebrities to come to the venue, the image promoter is provided with a VIP table and complementary alcohol. High end venues use the presence of models and celebrities to market their venue to an affluent clientele which may often only obtain admittance to the venue through agreeing to spend a certain amount of money on alcohol at the establishment.[1]

I don't see anything in their that says you have to care for the performers.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                  He's 100% right.

Look at how Danny Garcia's career turned out and then compare it to Matthysse's.

Garcia is still undefeated and continuing to grow. He's headlined cards in the East Coast, Puerto Rico, and now in Los Angeles against Guererro. He's stock continues to grow, and he'll be in line for mega-paydays in the near future. As far as Lucas goes? Well, after losing to Postal there's not much left for him. He has no one to fight and no momentum behind him. He needs to consider going to Haymon if he wants to continue his career in boxing.

He already left Haymon after Al paid the judges and ref to screw him over against Gift.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                    He already left Haymon after Al paid the judges and ref to screw him over against Gift.
                    You're probably the biggest ****** in boxing if you believed that Lucas won or should have won that fight.

Comment

You really are slow!!!! All you have to do is go back and see my post on page 7 which CLEARLY says there are more ARTICLES about floyd than 95% of the active fighters. How slow are you plunger. Like your last name you are seeped in ****. And stop begging scottie to beam you up! No one wants your dumb azz.
                      Get use to it ****kicker....I'm a plunger because it's designed to clear all the **** you keep talking from your spout not to mention With diggler or aboutfckntime ....again so you backtracked wih the 95 percent waffle. I fully accept your apology with being wrong...that parts closed...now let's stick with Golovkin as he is an active fighter and most feared man in boxing ....now you can pick any fighter from the middleweights and I will give you 2-1 odds that golovkin beats any fighter you pick ..come on gumbo man up !!!! Guess what there's nothing about floyd in today's top 40 stories....beam me up Scottie

Comment

Working...
                      X