Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Arum, De La Hoya Don’t Care About Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Translation: A promoter only cares about a fighter, if he lines you up easy fights.
    The promoter should follow the PBC system, over pay fighters for easy fights, great for the fighters, but unsustainable for a business.

The whole point of fighting, is to see who the best is. The good news for fighters is they can get paid beyond their wildest dreams, if they beat the right opponent (at the right time). Even if you lose, if you do things the right way (Provodnikov or Maidana), people will still watch.

Canelo can have a fight or 2, but he needs GGG, as much as GGG needs him.
    Can't be an elite fighter, but stay at a fake weight class (155).

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Messages like this is why people can't take TBE seriously, he comes across stupid with what he said here.
      How does he come across as stupid??? oscar made the exact same claims vs arum when he left top rank. Floyd also said the same thing when he jumped the top rank ship long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
        Floyd you continue to surprise me.

I was going to say, Floyd has a [promoters] bias and it should be noted journalistically (I dread seeing this fail) as with anybody when hearing their opinion, but then I read his reasons and just laughed. I guess this concerns Oscar specifically - Canelo and co could wait for Golovkin to age some more, slow down and such but shouldn't it be commendable that if Canelo fights Golovkin within the year, he fought him at the right time?
        Imo thats not what he is saying. I believe he is saying a fighter shouldn't fight very hard fights back to back. This sentiment is not new. It's been said in printed as well as spoken media. Tell me you have never heard it said that a fighter deserves a easy fight after he was in a tough fight? I.e after pac got ko'd by jmm he fought rios and never heard of algeri. Ring magazine said he deserve a lighter fight after his wars with jmm and Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
          Translation: A promoter only cares about a fighter, if he lines you up easy fights.
          The promoter should follow the PBC system, over pay fighters for easy fights, great for the fighters, but unsustainable for a business.

The whole point of fighting, is to see who the best is. The good news for fighters is they can get paid beyond their wildest dreams, if they beat the right opponent (at the right time). Even if you lose, if you do things the right way (Provodnikov or Maidana), people will still watch.

Canelo can have a fight or 2, but he needs GGG, as much as GGG needs him.
          Can't be an elite fighter, but stay at a fake weight class (155).
          Pbc puts on more cards per year than top rank and gbp combined. If it was not sustainable pbc would not have multiple outlets to stage it's cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
            Mayweather has left the sport and he's not even talked about....a new era is upon us with the likes of golovkin,Joshua,canelo,spence,kovalev and this fool who has chosen to manipulate the sport and stack the cards in his favour and to add insult to injury he chose berto as his farewell fight says it all really....and he's talking about canelo being rushed into facing golovkin....golovkin has been mandatory for 2 years now and his time is well served for a shot a the WBC title it's bad enough canelo is trying to avoid a 160 mandatory and try to get a catchweight....the promoters build the fighters up all the way through there career...get them up the ranks onto bigger arenas and then next thing you know there fighting on t.v and f your that special you go on to world title level....95 percent of the worlds population work for a pay master or a company...boxing is no different .....we're gonna see canelo vs golovkin, kovalev vs ward ,frampton vs quigg next year and each of them has a promoter and that's good enough for me ....mayweather f@ck off back down that hole where you crawled out from .....your time is done
            You say floyd is not even talked about yet you're talking about him now. Yes floyd did retire and yet you see more articles about him than 95% of the active fighters. The majority of promoters carefully craft and match their fighters career so as to get maximum return on investment. And actually ggg is a perfect example. If the best is supposed to fight only elite competition, why on earth was Monroe in the ring with ggg???

Comment

OMG Floyd want Canelo middleweight belt

Comment

IV cares

Coming from the dogg house fights, money over everything, blood draining wanna be sports cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
                  You say floyd is not even talked about yet you're talking about him now. Yes floyd did retire and yet you see more articles about him than 95% of the active fighters. The majority of promoters carefully craft and match their fighters career so as to get maximum return on investment. And actually ggg is a perfect example. If the best is supposed to fight only elite competition, why on earth was Monroe in the ring with ggg???
                  Because cotto or canelo would not fight him...same as Saunders now....lemeuix was the only one to take the task of facing him...was cotto the middleweight ? Did he pay golovkin to step aside so he could face canelo...is canelo refusing to face golovkin at 160 even the middleweight title is up to 160...you must be pretty ******ed if you can't see no one wants to face golovkin at middleweight....the evidence is right in front of you....as for mayweather I am only responding to a stupid mayweather report otherwise he would not get a response from me....who else will face golovkn at middleweight ? Your talking like a mayweather f@cktard.....so where are the 95 percent of mayweather stories on this website ? Lol as I said golovkin has wiped the floor with every opponent that has had the balls to face him the like of cotto canelo or Saunders has openly admitted thy don't want to face him in an even fight...as for promoters they pay th fighters wages..they get them exposure and known to the world so of course they want maximum return on there investment...it's a business you f&cktard not a charity donation lol....beam me up Scottie

Comment

Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
                    Imo thats not what he is saying. I believe he is saying a fighter shouldn't fight very hard fights back to back. This sentiment is not new. It's been said in printed as well as spoken media. Tell me you have never heard it said that a fighter deserves a easy fight after he was in a tough fight? I.e after pac got ko'd by jmm he fought rios and never heard of algeri. Ring magazine said he deserve a lighter fight after his wars with jmm and Bradley.
                    Canelo is getting his easy fight in May he's coming off a long streak of them before Cotto. He's not facing a murderer's row here, just another champ in the division 9 or so months from now. The timing makes sense, is all. If that's what you're disputing, then we disagree.

And Pac got ktfo in his mid-30s after a long and hard career, that is not the same.
                    Last edited by SCEN3RY; 12-26-2015, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
                      Because cotto or canelo would not fight him...same as Saunders now....lemeuix was the only one to take the task of facing him...was cotto the middleweight ? Did he pay golovkin to step aside so he could face canelo...is canelo refusing to face golovkin at 160 even the middleweight title is up to 160...you must be pretty ******ed if you can't see no one wants to face golovkin at middleweight....the evidence is right in front of you....as for mayweather I am only responding to a stupid mayweather report otherwise he would not get a response from me....who else will face golovkn at middleweight ? Your talking like a mayweather f@cktard.....so where are the 95 percent of mayweather stories on this website ? Lol as I said golovkin has wiped the floor with every opponent that has had the balls to face him the like of cotto canelo or Saunders has openly admitted thy don't want to face him in an even fight...as for promoters they pay th fighters wages..they get them exposure and known to the world so of course they want maximum return on there investment...it's a business you f&cktard not a charity donation lol....beam me up Scottie
                      Someone please beam this don't know **** about boxing idiot. Like I said kirkland would fight ggg so sould lara even though lara is on show time it could be made. He could have fought ward at 168lbs but he begged off like your dumbass should. When there are legit challenges ggg makes the fight unapproachable. He is willing to go to 154lbs for floyd but won't do the same for canelo. And if you are going to quote me at least get it right. I said there are more articles of floyd than 95% of the other boxers. In the past 3 days there wre about 4 or five stories about floyd so how is he irrelevant you moron. I did notice you ducked the willie Monroe comment. In the fight game there is no one who is so feared they can't get a match. Mike tyson at his best had no trouble getting fights to GTFO with the everyone is scared of ggg. He can get Monroe, rubio and macklin but no legit threat????? you sound like the gullible school believing everything a dude says. Lol your a ****ing joke and while you talk **** about floyd I bet you only fought and beat your little sister. You little ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X