No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Arum, De La Hoya Don’t Care About Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Arum, De La Hoya Don’t Care About Fighters

Floyd Mayweather Jr. took a brief break from spending the holidays with his family to criticize two of his favorite targets.

In an interview with FightHype.com’s Ben Thompson that was posted Thursday, Mayweather claimed his former promoter, Bob Arum, and onetime opponent Oscar De La Hoya aren’t doing right by the boxers represented by their respective promotional companies - Top Rank Inc. and Golden Boy Promotions - and care only about themselves. The retired five-division champion’s criticism came in response to a question Thompson asked about whether other promoters are treating their fighters appropriately in comparison to how Mayweather Promotions operates.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So Floyd is upset at GBP and TR for trying to put together big fights?

As a promoter, the fighters well being doesn't mean a whole lot. Its about making money.

Floyd doesn't have a GGG or a Canelo in his stable, in fact he doesn't have anyone in his stable that can even remotely come close being considered a big name in the sport. Let's be honest.

What he should do is focus on his 3rd rate promotional company and putting his fighters in good and competitive fights like GBP has been doing this year.

Comment

Called Slander doe.

Arum is smarter and not illiterate and might take you to court taking 200 mil from you, how bout dat?

Comment

if anyone is trying to delay this fight is Oscar, is like the total opposite ...

Comment

So De la Hoya doesn't care about Canelo because he's gonna put him up against the best fighters?

Comment

... Floyd sounds like "fighters' protection program"...

Comment

Mayweather sounds jealous to me.

Comment

Of course they're in business to make money and that is what it is about for most promoters

Comment

This is coming from a guy that puts his fighters against low quality opponents...

Comment

Floyd you continue to surprise me.

I was going to say, Floyd has a [promoters] bias and it should be noted journalistically (I dread seeing this fail) as with anybody when hearing their opinion, but then I read his reasons and just laughed. I guess this concerns Oscar specifically - Canelo and co could wait for Golovkin to age some more, slow down and such but shouldn't it be commendable that if Canelo fights Golovkin within the year, he fought him at the right time?

Comment

Working...
                    X