Final PunchStat Report

Punches Landed / Thrown

Total Punches Jabs Power Punches
    Jacobs 73 / 276 22 / 156 51 / 120
    26% 14% 42%
    Pirog 43 / 241 16 / 114 27 / 127
    18% 14% 21%

Gave rounds 1, 2, and 4 for Pirog.

Round 1 - Danny threw more as Pirog stalked him, but Jacobs' shots were landing on the arms & gloves, where Pirog was more precise and landed some good hard shots on Danny's head earning Jacobs' respect and maybe caused him to switch his stances throwing him off.

Round 2 - This is where Pirog opened the round badly hurting Danny and proceeded to outwork Danny.

Round 3 - I gave to Danny, here he not only out landed Pirog, but landed some clean hard shots.

Round 4 - Turned into a bit of fire-fight with both guys trading and Pirog getting the better of the exchanges, looking like he buzzed Danny a few times. I thought Pirog's offense was overall more precise and doing damage, where Danny was more busy, but he couldn't break the pressure Pirog was putting on him.

Comment

people still using punch stats....gee what a surprise the punch stats had jacobs the a-side outlanding pirog 2 to 1 hmmm thats strange since i saw a completely different fight.

Comment

Jacobs is just talking, he doesn't have the courage to step in the ring with GGG.
        Jacobs isn't scared of him. Pro fighters aren't scared of each other. This fight probably won't happen (because of boxing politics), but I' love to see it. Much better fight than the idea of GGG fighting Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
          Eubanks vs Jacobs is a good fight as well.

If you could call the shots, given Canelo is also in the mix, how would things play out for you in 2016 with Canelo, Jacobs, GGG, etc?
          My call would be to have Jacobs/Golovkin in NYC in April. Jacobs' earned the #2 MW position beating Quillin. He's an intriguing opponent with his speed & power, though his durability and tendency to get sloppy tempers my excitement to see him fight Golovkin. Watching the VICE documentary, I think Jacobs loses a bit of himself with the weight cut. We seen the problems Pirog's pressure gave a young Jacobs, Danny's more advance now, but Golovkin's pressure is worlds more intense than Pirog's.

I'd be happy to see Alvarez/Jacobs too. I think Canelo would have a lot of trouble with Danny's length. Canelo's footwork wouldn't let him pressure Danny like Golovkin would.

Comment

Worth noting, Jacob's trainer - Rozier said he'd expected $3-$5mill for the Golovkin fight. Danny just made $1.5mill for Quillin.

I also seen Steve Kim interviewed Stephen Edwards:
            "Breadman” (which is Edwards’ nickname) has mentioned to me they are willing to move up to 160 to face Danny Jacobs in Brooklyn.
            This goes along with the tweets Edwards was sending on after the Quillin/Jacobs fight where it sound like Edwards was asked if they'd take a fight with Danny.

[/QUOTE]

Also see Dmitry Pirog released his annual comeback tweet:

Comment

Neither side are going to push for this. GGG waiting on Canelo with tunnel vision, Jacobs is a good guy but will be happy to carry on fighting other guys in the top 10 for now. The WBA will give them until 2045 to make a deal so they can keep getting 2x sanctioning fees.

I hope Jacobs can get BJS, if he collects that belt it means we could have Jacobs vs GGG/Canelo winner to clean up all the trinkets.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                My call would be to have Jacobs/Golovkin in NYC in April. Jacobs' earned the #2 MW position beating Quillin. He's an intriguing opponent with his speed & power, though his durability and tendency to get sloppy tempers my excitement to see him fight Golovkin. Watching the VICE documentary, I think Jacobs loses a bit of himself with the weight cut. We seen the problems Pirog's pressure gave a young Jacobs, Danny's more advance now, but Golovkin's pressure is worlds more intense than Pirog's.

I'd be happy to see Alvarez/Jacobs too. I think Canelo would have a lot of trouble with Danny's length. Canelo's footwork wouldn't let him pressure Danny like Golovkin would.
                Yeah, Danny should get a professional nutritionist to help him lose weight easier. Watching that documentary, I didn't realize he was going through that to make weight.

GGG is a master at cutting the ring. If we're being honest, my main concern is when GGG switches from righty to lefty. I want to say he KO'd ishida like that. Jacobs has problems with guys that switch on him. Pirog switched when he dropped him and Mora switched when Jacobs was going in for the kill.

I would think that Jacobs would fix these hole's in his game and prepare for this during training camp in preparation for GGG. But Jacobs' power is real and that could be the neutralizer; not to mention his skills.

Worth noting, Jacob's trainer - Rozier said he'd expected $3-$5mill for the Golovkin fight. Danny just made $1.5mill for Quillin.

I also seen Steve Kim interviewed Stephen Edwards:

This goes along with the tweets Edwards was sending on after the Quillin/Jacobs fight where it sound like Edwards was asked if they'd take a fight with Danny.

Also see Dmitry Pirog released his annual comeback tweet:

[/QUOTE]

I think 3-5 million is fair. After you pay all the different fees and taxes, the fighter only walks away with roughly 30% of his purse. Given the risk in the bout, he should be rewarded. Especially when you have guys like BJS who publically tell GGG to fcuk off as oppose to excepting the fight.

BTW, great finds on the video and tweets. Nice!!

Comment

which makes it a non-starter, since that would push it to ppv, and even then I doubt it works because it would probably have to crack 400k buys to generate that kind of money.

But this cant be. Big Dunn assured us that over-inflated purses such as Jacobs making $1.5 for Quillin have no negative impact on the ability to make other fights. Big Dunn assured us..........

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    which makes it a non-starter, since that would push it to ppv, and even then I doubt it works because it would probably have to crack 400k buys to generate that kind of money.

But this cant be. Big Dunn assured us that over-inflated purses such as Jacobs making $1.5 for Quillin have no negative impact on the ability to make other fights. Big Dunn assured us..........
                    It doesn't. You, as usual, don't get what is going on.

Jacobs and his people know GGG needs quality opposition so he is negotiating from a position of strength. GGG just has to settle for less and give Jacobs a cut of his earnings if he wants to make the fight.

No different than Cotto v Floyd. Floyd needed someone who could sell a PPV. Cotto got more because he knew Floyd needed a big opponent. SO Floyd had to give up some of his earnings on the backend to make the fight. The budget for the fight was still the same.

If GGG doesn't want to give up some money to get a quality opponent in the ring, that's on him. All that non-starter talk is just you being a GGG fan and thinking he is entitled to whatever he wants.

The PPV can be made (Jacobs is more known than Lemeuix) its just GGG has to take less or else take his usual and fight another 12-1 underdog and get another win that no true boxing fan will respect.
                    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 12-23-2015, 10:51 AM.

Comment

If either side stands in the way of it, I hope they get kicked in the d*ck.

Comment

Working...
                      X