Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Survives Early Scare To KO Whyte in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His offensive talents are clear to see but he really needs to develop his jab. Fury and Wilder have the jab and reach that Joshua looks nowhere near ready for. Even against Haye he is not going to be able to lead with big power shots without getting countered hard. Stop lifting weights, start moving your head seems a good way to go also.

Still early days but there was discussion about whether or not he was ready for a big step up in class, it doesn't seem so, Chisora and Duhaupas would be good targets for the next 6 months.

Comment

Entertaining fight. Joshua still has a lot of work to do, but it was good to see him go through adversity.

Comment

I don't think Joshua getting rocked was a huge issue.

What was more concerning was his lack of head and foot movement.

Overall a good win for him though and he can get back in the gym and work on what he did wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
          Joshua has some flaws that he has to work on but it was his 15th professional fight. Dont forget how bad Wilder and Fury looked in their 15 fight and what kind of opposition they fought. This fight was a needed experience for Joshua.
          Yeah that's precisely what the deal is , it was a solid overall performance given the circumstances

Comment

Good action as long as it lasted, which was longer than expected. Joshua nearly had him in the 1st round already, which would have sort of sucked... Whyte showed heart but also bad sportsmanship. Joshua is a scary beast. Scary power, wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeaux View Post
              That was a great fight.

It proves what most posters on here will repeatedly say, you can't grade a prospect until they start fighting actual elite level competition.
              Are you talking about Ismael Barroso knocking out Mitchell?

Dillian Whyte is so far from elite level, he doesn't even know how to spell it. Rod Salka is a boxing god compared to Mr. *******.

Comment

AJ impressed me....some dudes look at the fact he got caught and hurt...I look at how he dealt with it....the kid overcame adversity....he's STILL learning, or still in school as to say.....this was a test, he passed it...PERSONALLY, I give him an A- or an B+....he's still a puppy, nobody should be mentioning him with the "Big Dogs"....he's not ready for that level....maybe Mansour could take him deeper and test him even more...AJ is a big strong kid and Mansour is a tough mutha****a who can take it and give it....that's the fight AJ should take next

Comment

joshua is always going to have his critics but regardless this way a very good win in so many ways. good to see him tested as well. the heavyweight division is getting more entertaining by the day. lets hope fury can beat klitschko in the rematch so we can move on to a more entertaining era

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
                    Joshua looked like a big stiff idiot. A plumber from London.
                    I like Joshua but I can't work out why he is compared more to Lewis than Bruno. Bruno was over-muscled and blew out everybody before him - just like Joshua. Lennox was athletic and fluid, Joshua is more robotic in his movement even though he is fast. Faster than Bruno. Maybe that is it - Joshua is a faster Bruno - lol. Well Bruno won a world title and might have done much better if he was faster - so there is plenty of upside for Joshua.

Comment

Great fight, compared to the Fury-Klitschko ballet.

Comment

Working...
                      X