Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Survives Early Scare To KO Whyte in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem is Whyte isn't very good so I'm surprised it was he who showed Joshua up. Joshua looks all stiff now when he used to have a lot more fluidity as an amateur - this is what I was worried about when I saw all the training pics. He neglected his jab and the fight would've looked hundred times different had he not. His defence needs work on and I want to see his head moving all the time.

Most of AJ's flaws are workable, he needs a proper style drilled into him. I'm not sure who and how good his trainer is.

Comment

As soon as whyte landed that counter Joshua went into slow mo

That punch seemed to sap all his energy

Top scrap mind and to be fair to Hearn a good card

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
        Bruno was a verry good fighter and a prime Bruno would rule today.
        I agree he was a good fighter but man he was stiff as a plank. Too over-muscled. But he still won a world title in a more competitive era. Just saying that Joshua resembles more Bruno to me than Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by ukalltheway View Post
          As soon as whyte landed that counter Joshua went into slow mo

That punch seemed to sap all his energy

Top scrap mind and to be fair to Hearn a good card
          Hearn get's a load of crap but that was a great card and a great atmosphere at the O2. Didn't Hearn do Froch and Groves II as well? Along with that Russian guy who did the Jones fight yesterday he is probably the best promoter in the World right now. They are both able to build a fight to the extent they hoodwink their respective publics into thinking they are seeing World class fighters go up against each other. That is the art of good promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
            Hearn get's a load of crap but that was a great card and a great atmosphere at the O2. Didn't Hearn do Froch and Groves II as well? Along with that Russian guy who did the Jones fight yesterday he is probably the best promoter in the World right now. They are both able to build a fight to the extent they hoodwink their respective publics into thinking they are seeing World class fighters go up against each other. That is the art of good promotion.
            Yeh Hearn did the froch groves fight

All the fights last night were very competitive

That bloke bellew fought was a machine and the French guy who gave Campbell a hammering

Good night of boxing

I don't mind paying for good fight cards just get the boys round a few quid each and start the party

Comment

Great competitive fight and good refereeing for change. Anthony Joshua really impressed me with that performance - he starting look like a serious, confident and dangerous fighter. In some ways he reminds me of Mike Tyson; his punches are compact, his physique is incredible and his punching power is tremendous. He also showed that he can box and that he has a decent chin. The only flaw in his game is his defense and lack of head movement and, even then, he didn't get hit with too many big shots.

Comment

I enjoyed that fight. It was better than i expected.

Fair play to Whyte, he came to fight and overcame some big punishment at times. I'm looking forward to watching his career unfold as i think he's pretty good.
                Joshua got caught , but showed he can come through it and re-grouped well.

That was the fight Joshua needed IMO.

Comment

Sorry chaps. You all buy into what the media and paid ex boxers on skysports say. Before the name dillian whyte was namedropped hardly anyone knew who he was, calibre of his oppenents etc.

I think it was a great learning fight and it clearly shows Joshua should be nowhere near the world title level. He got rocked by a prospect. He fact he was under 35 years of age for a change was a bonus, but hes only ever done 4 rounds max in low level boxing.

People can follow this guy and support him, but joshua in my eyes on at least 18months-2 years away from being a world champion contender.

My promoters head would have his next four steps like this

1. Chisora/ perez or helenius

2. Chaguev/ arreola or stiverne

3. Povetkin, pulev, or super uk fight v david haye

4. World title fight if its still fury/wilder/wlad (if regains)

Comment

I'd keep Joshua away from Helenius tbh, at least until he uses the jab efficiently and enough. Honestly, it's probably a ridiculous idea now (it would've been even 5 years ago) but Oliver McCall. Don't think he's still around but I wouldn't be surprised.

My point is someone who you'd put money on taking him the distance should be his next fight(s). Do away with the under 5 demolition jobs and get good, hungry and capable opponents who will give him things to think about. Big risk with Joshua was always being pushed too quick and last night proved he still has a lot of work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                      I agree he was a good fighter but man he was stiff as a plank. Too over-muscled. But he still won a world title in a more competitive era. Just saying that Joshua resembles more Bruno to me than Lewis.
                      Bruno is all natural. He still looks verry big and strong.

Comment

Working...
                      X