Comments Thread For: Joshua Survives Early Scare To KO Whyte in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redeaux View Post
    That was a great fight.

It proves what most posters on here will repeatedly say, you can't grade a prospect until they start fighting actual elite level competition.
    so still no grading Joshua then cos I haven't heard anyone calling Whyte elite

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      His offensive talents are clear to see but he really needs to develop his jab. Fury and Wilder have the jab and reach that Joshua looks nowhere near ready for. Even against Haye he is not going to be able to lead with big power shots without getting countered hard. Stop lifting weights, start moving your head seems a good way to go also.

Still early days but there was discussion about whether or not he was ready for a big step up in class, it doesn't seem so, Chisora and Duhaupas would be good targets for the next 6 months.
      I agree with Duhaupas, probably Chisora is a bit long in the tooth now, I think Whyte could come back with an easy fight and then Chisora.

I think in 2nd or 3rd fight from now I 'd like to see Joshua in with Stiverne - that'd be a bigger test than Chisora.

Comment

That brawl after round one was funny

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
          I don't think Joshua getting rocked was a huge issue.

What was more concerning was his lack of head and foot movement.

Overall a good win for him though and he can get back in the gym and work on what he did wrong.
          With his length he should be practicing jab and get out , jab and get out. He most definitely needs better head movement - Wilder would have a field day landing jabs on a static target like that.

Comment

Joshua has Nyquil in his gloves

Comment

I missed it

Comment

Juice-ua has a date with his own methane on the canvas. That bad chin and bad defense is gonna cost him big at the moment of truth.

Comment

Just saw it now. Damn the finish was scary man. Dillian wasn't looking good.

Throughout the fight, I thought it was an even boxing match. Whyte is as tough as they come.

Notice how few clinches there were. I counted 1 I think. That's how real men should fight.

Comment

Joshua scored a brutal ko with that uppercut. Lots of power, but what is of concern is not so much that he got hurt briefly in rnd 2, but that he looked really slow with hand speed and footwork. Perhaps he uses too much heavy weights n does reps slowly. He doesn't need any more weights. He needs to get faster and looser.

Comment

Entertaining fight. Whyte seemed to tire badly as fight went on. His balance wasn't too good and he started standing straight up. Good learning exprience for AJ.
                      Watching the HW division always reminds me of Mike Tyson. The young Tyson was truly a force of nature. I think Mike won the title when he was 20. Man, he was fun to watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X