Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacobs-Quillin only draws 267,000 viewers??? ouch...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    Showtime Championship Boxing: Degale vs. Bute (Showtime, Nov. 28)

etc ...

http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/spor...ber-23-29.html
    Are these the U.S. figures only? Don't forget: they were also aired in Canada and Germany (as main markets).

Comment

The average was 386K for an 85-second fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
        All these sucker promoters worried about getting their banner hung at the top of the ring, I didn't see 1 ounce of effort put into this promotion. Like they expect to just pitch a tent, put the PBC logo up and people will show up. I don't know who the **** you are ad I dont give a **** about your banner, get out and promote these fighters.

A lot of these PBC guys still need a promoter to be out there talking up the fights.
        when the so-called "promoter" is being paid a flat fee and has no financial stake in the promotion, why would they give a ****?

A promoter who has no stake in the promotion is not a promoter, he is a site coordinator.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
          I've said it once and I'll say it again, Black fighters don't sell anymore. It's been like that for years, which is why hbo has moved away from them. And don't even accuse me of racism, Danny Garcia sells better at Barclays than Quillin and Jacobs, and they both from Brooklyn.

On another note, this is horrible for Haymon, PBC ratings are plummeting, and his fighters are actually becoming less popular somehow. Showtimes ratings are the worst they have been in years.

Maybe it's time to end all the crappy tuneups and "stay busy" fights? Fighters aren't stars because you say so, there stars because the fans say so, Haymon hasn't learned that yet.

PBC might be done very soon. I know this wasn't PBC, but PBC was suppose to lead into better ratings for Showtime, it's doing the opposite somehow.
          thats ******ed....

firstly, the fight wsa only 85 seconds long and secondly they tried selling this as a megafight when it really wasnt

broner,crawford and many other black fighters do just fine,its mr 97k aka mr 164 you should be worried about

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            Are these the U.S. figures only? Don't forget: they were also aired in Canada and Germany (as main markets).
            Strictly Showtime network, so yeah just US.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              Strictly Showtime network, so yeah just US.
              I also meant the Wlad-Fury fight you had in your post -- all are U.S. numbers only.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                that's almost 3x 97k.
                GGG had 1,5+ million views on HBO free couple of times...

PPV is different thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  TBH im surprised it got this high with the amount of championship football games on.

I was at a sports bar and all they had on was football.

And BTW..STANFORD BABY!!! ROSE BOWL BOUND!!!
                  Makes sense since most sports bars don't have showtime and HBO. I was also out at a bar and asked if they had showtime and it was a no go. Thank god it was on Twitter 30 seconds after the fight lol.

Comment

Neither Quillin or Jacobs will have any respectable negotiating power with those horrendous numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      I also meant the Wlad-Fury fight you had in your post -- all are U.S. numbers only.
                      Yeah that was strictly HBO. I imagine RTL & SKY each did many times higher than HBO.

Comment

Working...
                      X