Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacobs-Quillin only draws 267,000 viewers??? ouch...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's Jacobs? Who's Quillin?

They are nobodies, comes from only accepting fights they get "well compensated" for.

Comment

No top 100? I think it's clear that Haymon need to change his approach.

Comment

I will say this, yes they are terrible. This is proof there is not many hard core boxing fans left, because this was a good fight that we all made sure to watch. Casuals get drawn to other sports on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
          I don't get it, Jacobs and Quillin say things like "fair money" and "a-side though".

Espn boxing had better ratings and they paid 50k or less per show!
          No that was GGG screaming A-side then his PPV bombed and bombed badly.

50/50 fight cause both are not as big of draws as they think.

Comment

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Black fighters don't sell anymore. It's been like that for years, which is why hbo has moved away from them. And don't even accuse me of racism, Danny Garcia sells better at Barclays than Quillin and Jacobs, and they both from Brooklyn.

On another note, this is horrible for Haymon, PBC ratings are plummeting, and his fighters are actually becoming less popular somehow. Showtimes ratings are the worst they have been in years.

Maybe it's time to end all the crappy tuneups and "stay busy" fights? Fighters aren't stars because you say so, there stars because the fans say so, Haymon hasn't learned that yet.

PBC might be done very soon. I know this wasn't PBC, but PBC was suppose to lead into better ratings for Showtime, it's doing the opposite somehow.

These guys didn't sell because they've been mismanaged. Like many PBC fighters they fight infrequent and fight generally absolute **** competition. Haymon doesn't know **** about building interest in fighters. He's the type of person who'll throw money at a problem with little thought.

Further more, Haymon & Espinoza have destroyed Showtime boxing. DeGale/Bute had similar low numbers. Last year was horrible, but the numbers held steady. This year they had less then one card per month and so-so quality. These idiots have wrecked a once quality source of boxing.

Comment

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Black fighters don't sell anymore. It's been like that for years, which is why hbo has moved away from them. And don't even accuse me of racism, Danny Garcia sells better at Barclays than Quillin and Jacobs, and they both from Brooklyn.

On another note, this is horrible for Haymon, PBC ratings are plummeting, and his fighters are actually becoming less popular somehow. Showtimes ratings are the worst they have been in years.

Maybe it's time to end all the crappy tuneups and "stay busy" fights? Fighters aren't stars because you say so, there stars because the fans say so, Haymon hasn't learned that yet.

PBC might be done very soon. I know this wasn't PBC, but PBC was suppose to lead into better ratings for Showtime, it's doing the opposite somehow.
              Lol at this guy. Terrace Crawford doesn't sell? It's not about black boxers not selling. Haymon has all of them expect Bradley and Crawford. Who does k2 or main events have that's black?

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                No that was GGG screaming A-side then his PPV bombed and bombed badly.

50/50 fight cause both are not as big of draws as they think.
                Quillin: "It needs to be May/Pac big"!

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  These guys didn't sell because they've been mismanaged. Like many PBC fighters they fight infrequent and fight generally absolute **** competition. Haymon doesn't know **** about building interest in fighters. He's the type of person who'll throw money at a problem with little thought.

Further more, Haymon & Espinoza have destroyed Showtime boxing. DeGale/Bute had similar low numbers. Last year was horrible, but the numbers held steady. This year they had less then one card per month and so-so quality. These idiots have wrecked a once quality source of boxing.
                  what were the degale-bute numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                    Quillin: "It needs to be May/Pac big"!
                    GGG pulled out of fight.

You posted that quote from his team.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                      Lol at this guy. Terrace Crawford doesn't sell? It's not about black boxers not selling. Haymon has all of them expect Bradley and Crawford. Who does k2 or main events have that's black?
                      Main Events took a lesser talented fighter in Curtis Stevens and kept him busy on NBC sports, getting him a fight with Golovkin. To this day that's Golovkin's highest rated fight.

Stevens/Golovkin ****s all over Jacobs/Quillin with 1.4mill viewers and sold-out MSG Theater at 4,600. I'm not sure if Jacobs/Quillin actually sold 6,000.

Comment

Working...
                      X