Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacobs-Quillin only draws 267,000 viewers??? ouch...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Black fighters don't sell anymore. It's been like that for years, which is why hbo has moved away from them. And don't even accuse me of racism, Danny Garcia sells better at Barclays than Quillin and Jacobs, and they both from Brooklyn.

On another note, this is horrible for Haymon, PBC ratings are plummeting, and his fighters are actually becoming less popular somehow. Showtimes ratings are the worst they have been in years.

Maybe it's time to end all the crappy tuneups and "stay busy" fights? Fighters aren't stars because you say so, there stars because the fans say so, Haymon hasn't learned that yet.

PBC might be done very soon. I know this wasn't PBC, but PBC was suppose to lead into better ratings for Showtime, it's doing the opposite somehow.

Comment

Oh, so now viewing numbers are important again?

Comment

TBH im surprised it got this high with the amount of championship football games on.

I was at a sports bar and all they had on was football.

And BTW..STANFORD BABY!!! ROSE BOWL BOUND!!!

Comment

That is absolutely terrible. That surprises me. They really should have had this on PBC.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            I've said it once and I'll say it again, Black fighters don't sell anymore. It's been like that for years, which is why hbo has moved away from them. And don't even accuse me of racism, Danny Garcia sells better at Barclays than Quillin and Jacobs, and they both from Brooklyn.

On another note, this is horrible for Haymon, PBC ratings are plummeting, and his fighters are actually becoming less popular somehow. Showtimes ratings are the worst they have been in years.

Maybe it's time to end all the crappy tuneups and "stay busy" fights? Fighters aren't stars because you say so, there stars because the fans say so, Haymon hasn't learned that yet.

PBC might be done very soon. I know this wasn't PBC, but PBC was suppose to lead into better ratings for Showtime, it's doing the opposite somehow.
            The most popular fighter in the world is black. So you're wrong.

Comment

I don't get it, Jacobs and Quillin say things like "fair money" and "a-side though".

Espn boxing had better ratings and they paid 50k or less per show!

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                that's almost 3x 97k.
                golovkin's last non-PPV fight peaked at 1.5m viewers FYI

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  that's almost 3x 97k.
                  And about a quarter of what ggg does when he fights on cable. Ten people would have bought this fight if it was in ppv. Don't be bitter.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    The most popular fighter in the world is black. So you're wrong.
                    That's the exception not the rule, and besides, he's retired last I checked.

Comment

Did better than I thought, No one cares about quillen or jacob.

Comment

Working...
                      X