Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacobs-Quillin only draws 267,000 viewers??? ouch...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showtime dead. Imma like to pay thanks to Al. Knowutimsayin?

Comment

• Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
      Showtime dead. Imma like to pay thanks to Al. Knowutimsayin?
      If Wilder/Szpilka does less than a million, flags should be flying.

Not that they shouldn't already, but he was their only good piece of T.V last year that people watched... what happens if he doesn't?

Comment

• I doubt it will. Boxing isn't really watched at the start of the year.

Expect Showtime to continue to be on their knees to Al to throw em some favors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          Yes, ratings typically increase as a fight progresses. Fights usually earn their highest ratings over the last half of the fight. Now I don't believe the ratings were going to turn out much better, but high 400s/low 500s probably would have been achieved had the fight lasted more than half a round.

I will say this though, Showtime boxing is struggling. They did 200s for DeGale-Bute and now 300s for Jacobs-Quillin. These are porous numbers. I think Garcia-Salka even did 800s.

I'm not sure why the HBO fanboys are rejoicing though. I mean isn't this the type of fight you wanted Haymon to make? Two top 5 MWs in their primes engaging in an exciting, albeit abbreviated, fight? Why rejoice that it did bad numbers?
          you know why...

Comment

• That's too bad, it was a good fight on paper. and I actually prefer bouts on hbo/sho as opposed to network cable with commercials and cornier commentary and such.

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            Yes football. The king of American sports. Pac-12 Championship, Big 12 Championship, ACC Championship and Mountain West Championship to compete with.

I remember saying the same thing about GGG PPV. That baseball playoffs will crush it and many laughed at me and look at that it demolished it.
            football, eh, maybe, but who the **** watches baseball and boxing? I don't think there's a great cross-correlation there. It's like the least active sport and a combat sport. Anyhow, GGG numbers were ppv, hardly the same thing.

On another note, I never get why fighters are sent out to pitch for photos...

Comment

• US Boxing is dying which shows that GGG's stable numbers are amazing.

UK is the new capitol of Boxing.

Comment

Working...
              X