No announcement yet.

"Froch doesn't need the money" vs "Khan is stupid to turn down $5 million"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
    In Khan's case, we are probably dealing with the mayweather rhetoric of making $$$.
    Well, Brook was always an insurance policy for Amir say Manny/Floyd didn't work out. A title shot, $5 million plus, not a bad plan C.

Comment

• Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
      Uhhh like I've said the latter nullifies the former.

I guess in hindsight we can say Khan wanted big names or the fight to become bigger, which seems a lot more realistic than the yet to be proved mythical options Froch was asked to be signed.
      How does it do that? Khan still ducked Brook because he was scared to lose.

Nothing will ever change that or change the fact that you're a hypocrite for criticisng Bradley for doing the same thing.

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
      Like I've said I not only picked but backed Froch to KO Groves and after the first fight seemed quite unrealistic. Go find the quotes, since you wanna know so bad, you're good at it. As for this, I don't speak for Salim, but they're both British stars, so that's a start.
      What the hell does backing Froch to KO Groves prove?

You clearly don't like Froch. Are you saying it's a complete coincidence that all Khanturds are anti-Froch?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        By claiming that Froch tried to run away, you are stupidly ****ting on Khan's win over Maidana which was a mandatory. Wasn't there a story about Golden Boy trying to pay off the WBA?

Fortunately, I'm not as petty as you so I won't look for reasons to discredit Khan's finest hour. His resume could quite easily be pissed all over if we used the same standards you use for Froch.

Yet Khan went against his promoter's intentions and took the fight. He could've become a Super Champ or whatever and get away with it.

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Uh again....no. Please learn something about the sport. A mandatory doesn't have to sign options with the rival promoter.

What is the point your actually trying to illustrate here anyway?
        Where did I say mandatory doesn't? Is that really what you got out of what I said?

I said when Froch was offered a fight with Joe, Carl a no body was in no position to turn it down.

He had a name - yeah that bum who got absolutely annihilated by a past prime Pacquiao. Not a soul except Khanturds would claim that Algieri is better than Dirrell.

Where do you get this Pac being shot point from vs Algieri? He was coming off regaining his World title vs Tim Bradley. I'm the one with an agenda?

Algieri is a more talented and accomp fighter. Dirrell was born for this, yrs and yrs of apprenticeship, Chris picked it up as a hobby while in University & became a champ in 20 fights. A World Champion in two sports. No comparison. May be you should try the sport for yourself to realize the achievement for what it is. You would say Algieri is a bum.
        Last edited by Box-Office; 12-08-2015, 05:14 PM.

Comment

"Absolutely destroy" is what Prescott and Garcia did to Khan.

Boringly outpoint and hang on in the championship rounds is what Ward did against Froch.

That's casual talk on par with Khan fans saying Garcia was lucky. Ward beat Froch at his own game, beautiful technical stuff. Plus, so, what if it was boring for casuals?

I know you have to desperately try to compare those defeats with all your little Khanturd might but it's not fooling anyone.

Many fighters have broken their hands during fights. It's an occupational hazard for boxers.
          How many went on to absolutely dominate their opponent with it? That's the difference. Its not even Froch lost in such a one sided affair, but how Ward's hand was broken is what makes it worse.

Comment

Yet Khan went against his promoter's intentions and took the fight. He could've become a Super Champ or whatever and get away with it.
            Ahahahaha see what happens when you get tripped up by your own pathetic attempts to discredit other fighters.

Khan tried to run, they paid off the WBA but Maidana threatened to sue Golden Boy and Khan was forced into the fight. Of course there was no rematch for Maidana because Khan only survived by the skin of his teeth - see how easy that was?

Where did I say mandatory doesn't? Is that really what you got out of what I said?

I said when Froch was offered a fight with Joe, Carl a no body was in no position to turn it down.
            Well he was because he was about to get into a mandatory position so obviously you would rather do that then sign options with Frank Warren

Where do you get this Pac being shot point from vs Algieri? He was coming off regaining his World title vs Tim Bradley. I'm the one with an agenda?
            Pacquaio was past his prime and he still made Algieri look like a complete amateur. Khan fought Algieri off the back of one of the worst ever performances in a world title fight in the history of boxing.

Algieri is a more talented and accomp fighter. Dirrell was born for this, yrs and yrs of apprenticeship, Chris picked it up as a hobby while in University & became a champ in 20 fights. A World Champion in two sports. No comparison. May be you should try the sport for yourself to realize the achievement for what it is.
            I don't really care about their backgrounds. Algieri is simply not a better fighter than Andre Dirrel. Full stop.

You only became super gay for Algieri when he signed to fight Khan. My god that was fuking cringe when the rumours of Khan-Algieri came out, you immediately made a thread about how talented Algieri was.

Comment

How does it do that? Khan still ducked Brook because he was scared to lose.

Nothing will ever change that or change the fact that you're a hypocrite for criticisng Bradley for doing the same thing.

At this point
              Amir deferred him. The duck point was relevant at a time. Duck would be if Amir was waiting for Kell to lose or get old. What does Khan get out of deferring it? Kell could've fought Chaves and get World level experience under his belt & be better prepared.

What the hell does backing Froch to KO Groves prove?

You clearly don't like Froch. Are you saying it's a complete coincidence that all Khanturds are anti-Froch?
              You're smart enough.

Comment

That's casual talk on par with Khan fans saying Garcia was lucky. Ward beat Froch at his own game, beautiful technical stuff. Plus, so, what if it was boring for casuals?
                The point is he didn't "absolutely destroy" anyone. He outpointed Froch and was gassed in the championship rounds. He didn't look like he was destroying anyone whilst he was blowing out his arse and looking up at the clock on the big screen.

How many went on to absolutely dominate their opponent with it? That's the difference. Its not even Froch lost in such a one sided affair, but how Ward's hand was broken is what makes it worse.
                Quite a few fighters have hurt their hands during a fight and still won convincingly. Floyd Mayweather for example.

Andre Ward could have had no arms and it still wouldn't be worse than getting stretched in 57 seconds by some road sweeper

Comment

Ahahahaha see what happens when you get tripped up by your own pathetic attempts to discredit other fighters.

Khan tried to run, they paid off the WBA but Maidana threatened to sue Golden Boy and Khan was forced into the fight. Of course there was no rematch for Maidana because Khan only survived by the skin of his teeth - see how easy that was?
                  Like I've said Khan could've become a Super Champ and get away with it.

Khan forced his team's hand. As far as Amir is concerned he never dodged Maidana.

Well he was because he was about to get into a mandatory position so obviously you would rather do that then sign options with Frank Warren
                  Can you find me a link to the options part? It's kinda hard to believe your word with due respect.

Pacquaio was past his prime and he still made Algieri look like a complete amateur. Khan fought Algieri off the back of one of the worst ever performances in a world title fight in the history of boxing.
                  Again, where did you get that Pac was shot point when he was coming off clearly beating Bradley? Volcano ash? Kessler beat a few bums and he was back in his prime? Something about me being petty.

I don't really care about their backgrounds. Algieri is simply not a better fighter than Andre Dirrel. Full stop.

You only became super gay for Algieri when he signed to fight Khan. My god that was fuking cringe when the rumours of Khan-Algieri came out, you immediately made a thread about how talented Algieri was.

Better at what? Dirrell is more refined than Carl, but who has achieved more? Talent is intangible, accomplishment are not. Chris has done more than Dirrell and probably will continue to do so.

You're quite the same for Ward for reasons we both know why.

Comment

At this point
                    Amir deferred him. The duck point was relevant at a time. Duck would be if Amir was waiting for Kell to lose or get old. What does Khan get out of deferring it? Kell could've fought Chaves and get World level experience under his belt & be better prepared.

You're smart enough.
                    Yes I'm smart enough to realise why Khanturds don't like Carl Froch.

Comment

Like I've said Khan could've become a Super Champ and get away with it.

Khan forced his team's hand. As far as Amir is concerned he never dodged Maidana.
                      No he didn't. Khan fought Malignaggi when Maidana was his mandatory.

I don't think there was even such a thing as Super Champions back then and you'd have to defend your title a certain number of times or unify to get to that status anyway. Nice try.

Khan was forced into the Maidana fight, clung on for dear life and ran from the rematch because he was "satisfied with that ending"

Comment

Working...
                      X