No announcement yet.

"Froch doesn't need the money" vs "Khan is stupid to turn down $5 million"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Froch doesn't need the money" vs "Khan is stupid to turn down $5 million"

On this forum I've seen a lot of funny comments, and something that I've found amusing is how everyone mentions Froch has made enough money fighting Groves so he doesn't need to fight anymore but in Khan's case he's stupid to turn down $5million. In terms of legacy turning the fight down isn't the best move but purely from a financial perspective, Froch has a net worth of $20 million whereas Khan has a net worth of $30 million. To summarise, money should not be the main enticement for Khan to fight Brook this summer but rather to establish himself back at the top of British boxing and the top of 147.

Edit: Lol, I rate Froch highly and people are misunderstanding the question. Froch has built his legacy and I'm not questioning that or expecting him to do any more but I'm questioning the validity of why Khan is stupid to turn down money when he has more than international superstar Froch. Khan still needs to build his legacy and that's exactly why he needs to fight guys like Brook; NOT FOR THE MONEY IT BRINGS (that's a bonus).
    Last edited by SalimShady1212; 12-05-2015, 04:28 PM.

Those arguments aren't common. People respect Froch for what he has accomplished in his career. People don't understand why Khan is snubbing Brook when Khan is at a point where he needs to rebuild his brand.

Comment

Froch needs to fight Triple G or Degale or stop talking

He claims to be retired, but cant seem to stop talking about Triple G

The only reason he went into a early retirement was because he was scared of Degale and Triple G
      Last edited by FrankieBruno; 12-05-2015, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Umm....Froch is a 38 year old man that's already had a great career. Khan is a footnote in history. Can you not see why Khan needs to do something, while Froch doesn't?
        Last edited by b00g13man; 12-05-2015, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Froch is 38, had a career where he fought literally everyone in his division and his highest purse was around £9m. He is retired.

Khan is 28, has had a mediocre career where he's been KTFO in 2 divisions and hasn't proven dick at 147. His highest purse has been less than $2m. He is still an active fighter but is ducking every legit threat out there to fight for lower purses.

There is literally no comparison. Just butthurt Khantards who hate Froch becaue of some negative (yet mostly true) things he said about Khan. The Khantard vendetta against Froch is so womanly and pathetic lol.

Comment

Pssssh yall must've forgot!

Carl Froch was the man with the hardest Resume in boxing PERIOD!

Comment

I still don't know which wins on Carl Froch's resume are better then Alexander, Maidana and Algeri.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
                I still don't know which wins on Carl Froch's resume are better then Alexander, Maidana and Algeri.
                The Bute win is up there didn't he give Pasacal his first loss ?

Comment

Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
                  The Bute win is up there didn't he give Pasacal his first loss ?
                  Bute was guy who built up his resume fighting bums, then when he stepped up he got spanked. The guy was completely untested.

Pascal is decent but c'mon, he lost to a 50 year old man

Comment

What's the difference between someone like Lucian Bute and someone like Paul McClotskey?

Comment

Working...
                    X