No announcement yet.

"Froch doesn't need the money" vs "Khan is stupid to turn down $5 million"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    The point is they fought two closely contested fights where neither man looked faded either time. Froch was just clearly the better man second time around.

One could make the argument that Froch's preparations for the first fight in Denmark were hampered by the Volcanic Ash Cloud

It's certainly a more reasonable excuse than "Kessler was shot" - when he'd shown no in-ring signs of being shot.

That's a new one.

He couldn't cope with a volcano, no wonder he turned down to face a Welsh Dragon.

I already said I can agree he wasn't shot, calm down. He wasn't at his best in terms of top level. After Froch he was looking for a pay day/trilogy to cash out where the beat down would be worth it.

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    You just answered your own question. The Chavez Jr fight was there for him in Vegas and he could have dropped the IBF belt to pursue that fight but he didn't so he wasn't forced into doing anything. He chose to fight Groves.

Froch was already a huge star before Groves. LOL@ him being forced into a fight against a unknown mandatory.
    He was looking for a big fight, Chavez was one of them, of course keeping a belt doesn't hurt your bargaining power, or has it ever? Dropping IBF would leave him WBA Regular ie no bargaining power.

At the end Froch was gonna run away, he got caught, you can keep denying it, but 1+1=2. Carl's hand was forced, he was content with the ending.

What is the relevance of this? Froch took the mandatory route rather than sign options with Frank Warren.
    He turned down Calzaghe when it was offered. What if Degale turned down a fight with Froch coming off lets say one of those bums on Henessey's cards? Cuz James was ready for a while.

That options part I for one can't find online PLUS Froch was a nobody getting a shot at the best SMW who brings in $ unlike Ward, surely he could take them, no? Then again assuming options part is true.

The whole Froch wanted to be mandatory is just convenience talk.

No...one got cherry picked by a very one dimensional champion in Provodnikov

Whereas Dirrell had to face Froch in his own backyard and arguably should have got the decision. The other guy he had to face was James DeGale.

Dirrell vs a SMW version of Provodnikov would have been easy work. We all saw what he did to Abraham who was better than Ruslan.
    So, he was cherry picked, but does it take away what an incredible accomplishment it is for a guy with 0 amateur exp. For someone who has been following boxing for so long surely gets it, no?

Dirrell was a green contender WHEN he faced Froch. No names, no titles. When Khan faced Chris, he had a name and a title.

I notice you keep dodging the question about why all Khantards are anti-Froch.

The truth hurts.
    I backed and picked Froch to give Groves a pasting, you're an expert on it, surely you can find the quotes.

You question my objectivity, but all you do is back fighters from the Isles and we all know where your hatred for Khan is coming from, these are the same wins you once bragged about and spent countless posts/years defending so in your own words "let's not pretend that you're being totally objective here."
    Last edited by Box-Office; 12-08-2015, 03:04 AM.

Comment

A cripple?

Like I said, your bitter vendetta against Froch always rears its ugly head. Amir Khan has never been in the ring with anyone of even a "crippled" Ward's ability unless you actually count those phantom sparring sessions.

Once again, "the greats" have gone on to prove themselves for many years which means that people forget those early losses.

Khan got wiped out by a street sweeper and then got wiped out again. He is not among "the greats".
      Froch lost 10 round or so against a guy with one hand. You can have all the ability, but you need hands to punch and when one is broken in two places it is something else, but then you go on to absolutely destroy a guy for 12 rounds?

You keep putting words in my mouth, I said if it happened to them, can't be too bad if it happened to Amir. Never called him great.

Well, the greats don't want to get in there with Amir. One fought his sparring partner and the other will probably fight a guy he beat already twice. Not to mention JMM.
      Last edited by Box-Office; 12-08-2015, 02:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
        Gtfoh! Those fighters sucked ass! Why are you giving him credit for fighting an ancient Kessler? shoulf give khan credit for beat MAB then. How many times did Johnson lose before fighting Froch? Taylor was decent. Bute was untested and exposed, groves was good but was getting out boxed till the Ko and Andre Dirrell was a good win.

Khan on the other hand has beaten guys like Maidana and Judah who gave Floyd Mayweather hell. P4p is there really anyone on his resume as good as either of them? Cause if they were they would have shown it against ward? Topping that off is victories over Alexander, Algeri and Malinagi. All proven fighters who have competed at the top.
        Seriously tell me you aren't this stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          Yes he was, he was the number one guy at 147, after Bradley left the division. Who was ranked above him? It certainly wasn't Peterson, who most felt was very, very lucky to get the win over Khan. Then, Garcia v Khan became the fight for numero uno status and Garcia v Matt became the fight for the ring title if I'm not mistaken, but that would never have happened if Garcia had not beaten Khan.

But, that's just part of the argument. Khan was a unified champ and has a very good resume, you can hate him out of whatever reason you like bit boxing wise, you can stfu.
          Tim Bradley fought Pacquiao in November 2011 - His first fight up.

Khan fought Peterson in December 2011.

Are you talking about the 1 month period where Khan was considered #1?

Froch has a more legit claim of being the #1 supermiddleweight for 3 years than Khan ever had of being the #1 at LWW.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
            So he fought the King at 140 right, now he's fighting at 147 and he's beaten top level opposition already in Alexander and Algeri. So that's 2/3 weight classes he's fought at the top at is it not?

If Algeri isn't a top level welter then something must be wrong, cause he was one of Pacquaio's opposition. Alaxander holds victories over Maidana who was Floyd mayweathers opponent X 2.

Yes Ward is superior to Garcia but Marcos Maidana, a khan victim, lost a close fight to Floyd Mayweather who's on a level above Ward. Maidana is better then anything on his resume.

Damn this guy is deluded.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Tim Bradley fought Pacquiao in November 2011 - His first fight up.

Khan fought Peterson in December 2011.

Are you talking about the 1 month period where Khan was considered #1?

Froch has a more legit claim of being the #1 supermiddleweight for 3 years than Khan ever had of being the #1 at LWW.
              You need to check your dates/facts and use less smileys.

It wasn't his first fight and it was not in 2011.

Comment

• Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                You need to check your dates/facts and use less smileys.

It wasn't his first fight and it was not in 2011.
                I meant he had his last 140 fight in November 2011. I know he had one fight against Abregu at 147, but he hadn't moved up.

Comment

That's a new one.
                  It's not a new one. It affected several people across Europe

I didn't see any difference in Kessler between both fights except Froch fought a better gameplan the second time around.

And its funny you laud victories like Alexander as being something special

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                  He was looking for a big fight, Chavez was one of them, of course keeping a belt doesn't hurt your bargaining power, or has it ever? Dropping IBF would leave him WBA Regular ie no bargaining power.

At the end Froch was gonna run away, he got caught, you can keep denying it, but 1+1=2. Carl's hand was forced, he was content with the ending.
                  Why would he need the IBF belt? He was already a star in the UK and Chavez was a star in Mexico. LOL@ the idea that Froch needed to be forced into a fight with Groves. He took the Groves fight because it proved to be the most lucrative.

By claiming that Froch tried to run away, you are stupidly ****ting on Khan's win over Maidana which was a mandatory. Wasn't there a story about Golden Boy trying to pay off the WBA?

Fortunately, I'm not as petty as you so I won't look for reasons to discredit Khan's finest hour. His resume could quite easily be pissed all over if we used the same standards you use for Froch.

He turned down Calzaghe when it was offered. What if Degale turned down a fight with Froch coming off lets say one of those bums on Henessey's cards? Cuz James was ready for a while.

That options part I for one can't find online PLUS Froch was a nobody getting a shot at the best SMW who brings in $ unlike Ward, surely he could take them, no? Then again assuming options part is true.

The whole Froch wanted to be mandatory is just convenience talk.
                  Uh again....no. Please learn something about the sport. A mandatory doesn't have to sign options with the rival promoter.

What is the point your actually trying to illustrate here anyway?

So, he was cherry picked, but does it take away what an incredible accomplishment it is for a guy with 0 amateur exp. For someone who has been following boxing for so long surely gets it, no?

Dirrell was a green contender WHEN he faced Froch. No names, no titles. When Khan faced Chris, he had a name and a title
                  He had a name - yeah that bum who got absolutely annihilated by a past prime Pacquiao. Not a soul except Khanturds would claim that Algieri is better than Dirrell.

You question my objectivity, but all you do is back fighters from the Isles and we all know where your hatred for Khan is coming from, these are the same wins you once bragged about and spent countless posts/years defending so in your own words "let's not pretend that you're being totally objective here."
                  I'm not pretending. I don't like Khan because he's a ducking lying b1tch who turned down his highest payday and robbed the fans of a great fight in the summer because he was too scared to lose - isn't that why you continue to criticise Bradley?

Now.....why don't you like Carl Froch? As if we all don't know anyway

Just wanna see if you have the integrity to admit that you're nothing but a Queen Khan puppet.
                  Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 12-08-2015, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Froch lost 10 round or so against a guy with one hand. You can have all the ability, but you need hands to punch and when one is broken in two places it is something else, but then you go on to absolutely destroy a guy for 12 rounds?
                    "Absolutely destroy" is what Prescott and Garcia did to Khan.

Boringly outpoint and hang on in the championship rounds is what Ward did against Froch.

I know you have to desperately try to compare those defeats with all your little Khanturd might but it's not fooling anyone.

Many fighters have broken their hands during fights. It's an occupational hazard for boxers.

You keep putting words in my mouth, I said if it happened to them, can't be too bad if it happened to Amir. Never called him great.
                    It's not too bad because those greats have gone on to prove themselves whereas Queen Khan has retreated back into his own anus after getting smashed to bits by Garcia.

Comment

It's not a new one. It affected several people across Europe

I didn't see any difference in Kessler between both fights except Froch fought a better gameplan the second time around.

And its funny you laud victories like Alexander as being something special

Why would he need the IBF belt? He was already a star in the UK and Chavez was a star in Mexico. LOL@ the idea that Froch needed to be forced into a fight with Groves. He took the Groves fight because it proved to be the most lucrative.

By claiming that Froch tried to run away, you are stupidly ****ting on Khan's win over Maidana which was a mandatory. Wasn't there a story about Golden Boy trying to pay off the WBA?

Fortunately, I'm not as petty as you so I won't look for reasons to discredit Khan's finest hour. His resume could quite easily be pissed all over if we used the same standards you use for Froch.

Uh again....no. Please learn something about the sport. A mandatory doesn't have to sign options with the rival promoter.

What is the point your actually trying to illustrate here anyway?

He had a name - yeah that bum who got absolutely annihilated by a past prime Pacquiao. Not a soul except Khanturds would claim that Algieri is better than Dirrell.

I'm not pretending. I don't like Khan because he's a ducking lying b1tch who turned down his highest payday and robbed the fans of a great fight in the summer because he was too scared to lose - isn't that why you continue to criticise Bradley?

Now.....why don't you like Carl Froch? As if we all don't know anyway

Just wanna see if you have the integrity to admit that you're nothing but a Queen Khan puppet.

The fight between Khan was always likely for Summer 2016, i told you this last year.

Khan was trying to get in a big payday before the Brook fight, from a business stand point it makes absolute sense.

Now that the Pac and Floyd boat has sailed, he's ready to fight Brook.

Its now up to Eddie to get the logistics together and send them over to Khans team.

Fight will happen, Khan's never been one to shy away from a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X