No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frustrated Quillin: I’m Not Running Scared From Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
    I'm not the biggest Quillin fan, but i thought what he said was respectful.
    I get the idea that he would want big money for the fight, probably bigger money than the fight is worth, which won't see it happen.
    I thought he came across well enough though in what he said.
    I don't know whats going on in Quillin's head lately. I listened to the whole interview where this was from. He compared fighting Golovkin to having a gun pointed to his head (which he then says has happened to him a million times lol) and in the same interview, he also says that Golovkin had a great amateur and Olympic record and Quillin only had a police record. lol. Then he says something about being thankful for the opportunity to even spar Golovkin because people from his environment don't get that opportunity often.

What is up with him diminishing himself? He says he's a champion but when Golovkin comes up he acts like he's just a lucky dude from the hood...as if Golovkin is some kind of privileged prodigy that is above him (when Golovkin came up in much tougher circumstances). Quillin seems like a good dude..maybe he's just dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
      Of course,because quillin is on the same level as mayweather,so he can demand anything he wants.
      the analogy was about how some boxing promoters will not pay a boxer what they deserve and claim they're scared because they dont take a bs offer, I've seen you on here many times, but I didnt think I needed to break it down to simple basics for you. My bad

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
        the analogy was about how some boxing promoters will not pay a boxer what they deserve and claim they're scared because they dont take a bs offer, I've seen you on here many times, but I didnt think I needed to break it down to simple basics for you. My bad
        Alright,what do you think that quillin is worth? Is he a champion? No. Does he have a large following? No. Did he have an impressive performance in his last fight,against a decent opponent? No,he literally fought a part time stripper. I'm all for quillin getting what he deserves,but the guy has gone on records saying that he won't fight golovkin unless he's offered may-pac kind of money. The best names on his record are Gabe rosado,n'dam,and a draw against Andy Lee. So resume,fanbase,and belt wise, he has no leverage over golovkin.

Comment

Not running scared.... just walking very fast in another direction with wild eyes!

Comment

its the funniest thing in the world to me when "experts", fans, writers and keyboard warriors on this site says someone who fights for a living is scared of another man. Especially a fighter who is world ranked or a former titleholder

Boxing is a business and they deserve to get paid for taking them shots. I doubt either of them are scared of each other

GGG fanatics....he is a good fighter but he aint beating no body that would put fear in potential opponents hearts

Comment

Saunders will beat **** out of him! Both Jacobs and Quillin's asses!

Mark my words!

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
                Saunders will beat **** out of him! Both Jacobs and Quillin's asses!

Mark my words!
                Maybe, but first he will have to recover from the KO he will receive from Irish Andy Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  Got a link for that?
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/quillin-y...olovkin--96780

“I think Mayweather and Pacquiao happened but look how much money had to be in the pot for that to happen,” explained the former middleweight title holder. “This was one of the first fights HBO and Showtime came together for. That’s the kind of money I’m talking about; 5 million, 10 million, Mayweather just got 280 million for Pacquiao, and I’d be cool with 5 million or 10 million. I can’t sit down here and be excited about these fights but sometimes you just can’t be because of what the business is.”

Comment

The difference is GGG got guns in both his hands and he is not afraid to pull the trigger.0

Comment

It's not about being scared to fight him, it's about the consequences of doing so and looking horrible in taking your loss and watching whatever stock you have left plummet. Anyone honestly think that the quillin's, charlo's, lara's, garcia's of PBC aren't pretty happy taking a million bucks to fight mediocre competition rather than make a few hundred thousand more and possibly get sparked...

Comment

Working...
                      X