No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Outpoints Klitschko To Lift Heavyweight Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by denium View Post
    But Wlad would every round against Jennings? How did he suddenly become shot?
    You lose it between fights and not during them......He last fought in April so he lost it sometime between then and last Saturday apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      You lose it between fights and not during them......He last fought in April so he lost it sometime between then and last Saturday apparently.

I just don't get it mate. After he knocked out Pulev, people were saying that this is the best ever version of Wlad, and was going into most people's top three p4p list. That was only a year ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Fury was very much the reason because he took away Wlad's best weapons.

Wlad was lost without his jab and the ability to clinch the **** out of his opponent.
        Not being able to clinch didn't keep him from being able to throw a punch with any kind of authority whatsoever. I know I said before the fight that I would give Fury full credit if he beat Wlad, but now after watching how Wladimir performed, that's impossible to do. Wlad is shot and Fury would not have beaten any other version of him.

Comment

Not being able to clinch didn't keep him from being able to throw a punch with any kind of authority whatsoever. I know I said before the fight that I would give Fury full credit if he beat Wlad, but now after watching how Wladimir performed, that's impossible to do. Wlad is shot and Fury would not have beaten any other version of him.
          He couldn't land his jab so there was no way he was going to throw the right hand.

You must not watch Wladimir very much if you think that was a vastly different performance from his standard fare.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
            I just don't get it mate. After he knocked out Pulev, people were saying that this is the best ever version of Wlad, and was going into most people's top three p4p list. That was only a year ago.
            Fighters get old over night with age. There's no explaining it but it's a fact that it happens. Hopkins and Foreman were exceptions. Look at Roy Jones after he looked like a stud beating Ruiz at heavyweight. He was a shell of himself in his very next fight against Tarver and barely squeaked it out.

It's just something that happens and there's no way to predict it. It's happened to fighters as long as boxing has existed.

Comment

Fighters get old over night with age. There's no explaining it but it's a fact that it happens. Hopkins and Foreman were exceptions. Look at Roy Jones after he looked like a stud beating Ruiz at heavyweight. He was a shell of himself in his very next fight against Tarver and barely squeaked it out.

It's just something that happens and there's no way to predict it. It's happened to fighters as long as boxing has existed.
              Well Roy Jones went down from Heavyweight to Light Heavy. That's kind of a dumb comparison.

Wladimir didn't look or fight any different from what he usually does.

He just wasn't against some stiff robotic European dummy or some fat small American who came to survive.

Comment

He couldn't land his jab so there was no way he was going to throw the right hand.

You must not watch Wladimir very much if you think that was a vastly different performance from his standard fare.
                Wlad was drastically different. Ask any expert. Go to ESPN and read the recent news. Dan Rafael makes mention of the very real possibility that Wlad grew old before our eyes. I know Fury hit the jackpot at the right time but Wladimir had zero reflexes in comparison to any of his previous fights, even the ones he lost. You need to lift those union jack tinted glasses every now and then.

Comment

Well Roy Jones went down from Heavyweight to Light Heavy. That's kind of a dumb comparison.

He just wasn't against some stiff robotic European dummy or some fat small American who came to survive.
                  I'm loving the fact that he's got my quote in his sig.

Comment

Wlad was drastically different. Ask any expert. Go to ESPN and read the recent news. Dan Rafael makes mention of the very real possibility that Wlad grew old before our eyes. I know Fury hit the jackpot at the right time but Wladimir had zero reflexes in comparison to any of his previous fights, even the ones he lost. You need to lift those union jack tinted glasses every now and then.
                    Yeah you're right. Where were those amazing Wlad reflexes? I mean he usually dives in and out with triple left hooks, bobs and weaves, dances around the ring like a Prime Ali.

My union jack tinted glasses must have been seeing a stiff robotic jab jab grab fighter all these years. Silly me!

Comment

I like Fury and don't want to knock him but that wasn't even close to the best Wladimir. Not even close. Skills can erode between fights. It's a proven fact and not just my opinion.

I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Working...
                      X