Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer To Golovkin: Come To 155, We'll Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Atta boy, Canelo. I knew you would be willing to face Golovkin unlike Cotto.

As for GGG, if he wants the highest payday of his career then all he has to do now is come down to 155 and its on. It's all laid out on a silver platter for him.

The weight shouldn't be a problem as he said he'd be willing to go to 154 for Floyd.
    Why should he fight for the 160 belt at 155? Coming down to 154 for a Floyd fight is not the same as Floyd's not holding a 160 belt and isn't even a natural jmw, let alone mw

Comment

Cotto or Canelo would have fought him at 155. Canelo knows and GGG people argued based on the rules that since it is a mandatory title fight that you can weigh a maximum of 160 not stipulate that the fighter MUST weigh 155. So Canelo will be stripped of the title and Triple G will go onto face the new mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
        It's not really much of a gamble on Golovkin's side. Canelo can't use size as an excuse and if he is not willing to take step aside money, what's left for Canelo to do? Drop the belt? He does that and it reflects badly on his end. Golovkin will take all belts and will more than likely rule MW, so what would be left for Canelo without the belt?
        I think it's a HUGE gamble on GGG's side. He'll have to fight Lee and go back to non-ppv fights. Unless he wants to look more of a fool and put that on PPV?

Canelo can do a rematch with Cotto in NYC. Fight Bradley. Fight Thurman. Alot more fighters moving up would rather fight Saul or GGG for more $$$$$$ anyways. Saul could ****block the sht out of GGG and take all of the up and coming talents. Honetly if he wanted to be a dic. He could give GGG the scraps of anyone he doesn't need to fight and really force GGG to move up in weight. Which I know he never would. He 35 years old in 1 division his whole life. Add his bum resume that might be good for 25 year olds but not a 9 year pro...

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
          Absolute bull****. GGG doesn´t have to drop one pound, if Canelo wont fight him at 160 the belt will just go to GGG. And then in 2017 Canelo will come to fight GGG at 160 as the challenger, getting far less of the split than he´d be getting right now. At this point GGG has more options than Canelo, like it or not. Unless of course WBC pull another rabbit out of their arses..
          No offense, but I don't see how GGG has the leverage.

The belt means nothing. I doubt Canelo even cares. If GGG wants to pay the sanctioning fee, go ahead.

Canelo will never get less in any scenario. He is the main player in the sport right now, especially if the Cotto fight did over 1 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            ok I saw this. If accurate, that is about 7 times more than GGG's approx. 150k sales.

I understand but precedent shows that GGG is in a rough spot. He and his team can't then say "well I can't make 155 for you Canelo" and be taken seriously given the number of times they openly said they could make 154 with no problem.

Canelo can pay any opponent more than GGG. HBO isn't going to want to lose Canelo since he this sports big name since Floyd left.

I just don't see where GGG has any leverage.
            Ward said he'd fight Mayweather at 160.
            Golovkin said he'd fight Mayweather at 154.
            JMM moved up TWO weight classes just to fight Mayweather.
            Canelo agreed to go down at a catch weight to fight Mayweather.

If Mayweather offered, there's no fighter that would want to turn him down. It's like winning the lottery...

Anyways, Golovkin can still comfortably make money fighting names at middleweight. Tureano Johnson wants a piece of him, Erisandy Lara's manager is always calling him out on twitter giving me a small amount of hope, Andy Lee sounds like he is down to fight him, and I'm wondering if Quillin might stop ducking since he can get that million $$$ payday.

Also, Eubank Jr. is popular in the UK and could generate some decent $$$. He's also called out and expressed interest at fighting GGG.

Comment

Meant fight Saul over ggg. Heck he could take the Lee fight from GGG if he wanted to. And then who would GGG fight??? He won't but just sayin. This is the fork in the road that could make his career or he can stay a busy, content, can crusher...Never pushing him self. His owns words not mine! 154-168 anyone.

Comment

B-ITCH MOVE Canelo. Mandatories cannot be stipulated. Rules state that anything between 155-160 is a middleweight title fight. I expect him to be stripped and Triple G fights the mandatory.

Comment

I remember Abel referencing Ward's comment about dropping to 160 to fight Floyd.....to justify the 164 cw they were trying to negotiate through the pipeline....NOW lets see him reference is OWN comment about being able to make 154 for a fight against Floyd ....you can't make this **** up lol

Doesn't seem like Team Nelo is budging....can't wait to hear what Loeffler counter with....this is gonna be good lol

Comment

Originally posted by ussy View Post
                    Last year or so I've started to be put off boxing, mainly due to ***** **** like this. Ufc fighters have 10x the balls most boxers do.
                    Most ufc fighters don't have a say in who they fight, has nothing to do with balls, they're ****** to DW. And their biggest hype job was being protected from the brazilian chick for years. Before that, Silva was calling out the guy beneath him (GSP) instead of the guy above (jones), when he himself was 6'2 and walked at 220. Same with Jones, hides at 205 when he's 6'4 and walks at 230, has the longest reach of anyone in the ufc including heavyweights (84.5"), so they do their share of ducking but in a different way.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                      You're a smart guy, you know the difference. He was going to to fight Floyd in Floyd's weight class. Canelo is in GGG's weight class. He's the mandatory so there's no reason to have a CW. I hate CW's for titles but if Cotto had won I could understand why Cotto would want a CW, I wouldn't agree with it but I could understand because Cotto is small. Canelo is as big, if not bigger on fight night, than GGG. I think Canelo would do better fighting GGG at 160.
                      I hate CW's for title fights as well. We are not making the rules.

This comes down to simple economics. Canelo is at the top of the food chain. The WBC and HBO, GGG's biggest backers, get more financially from Canelo than GGG. Canelo is also positioned to be the next Vegas "house fighter".

I just do not see how GGG, coming off a PPV that was between 97k-150k (and GBP will know the real number when they are negotiating) has any leverage to get Canelo to move off 155.

Maybe PBP is right and its 157 or so. But I am sure it will not be 160.

Comment

Working...
                      X