Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer To Golovkin: Come To 155, We'll Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    No offense, but I don't see how GGG has the leverage.

The belt means nothing. I doubt Canelo even cares. If GGG wants to pay the sanctioning fee, go ahead.

Canelo will never get less in any scenario. He is the main player in the sport right now, especially if the Cotto fight did over 1 mil.
    Dunn, how old are you? Sometimes your posts are so childish... excuse me...

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
      Its impossible to have an adult debate when your entire point of contention is based on irrelevant comments made from fighters or team members, as if that has anything to do with the issue at hand.

"GGG said he could make 154 for Floyd, so therefore he must do the exact same for any fighter with more earning capacity than himself, regardless if he's the mandatory challenger or not"

"Abel said 154-168 doe", so that means GGG must fight any opponent, at any weight within that range, under all the terms set by that opponent, or its a duck

"Alphabet belts dont matter", yet Canelo just paid alot of money to get this one. Im sure it "doesnt matter" to him

Bhop fought Oscar in a voluntary unification at 158, so therefore GGG must fight Canelo at 155 in his mando because......... uhmmm, you lost me

I'd love to see Canelo-GGG, believe me I would. But if it means GGG has to go to 155 and probably take a 80-20 split, I hope he tells Canelo to kick rocks and makes Canelo give him the title. Then in 12-18 months when Canelo cant make 155, 156, 157, or 158.5 anymore and wants a 160 title again, it will be GGG telling Canelo whats what.
      OP, you can't say they are irrelevant because they hurt your argument. Nothing one says in the world of business negotiations is irrelevant, you should know this. I know you like to just throw out everything GGG says but you can't.

Rather than point out what they actually said and discuss it like an adult, you mock and exaggerate it and make claims I never said in your next 3 paragraphs.

You didn't answer why GGG shouldn't deal with the same things other fighters had to deal with. He doesn't deserve to be treated any differently than others IMO.

OK, fi he says no, he says no. Fine with me. Then he doesn't get the payday.

I doubt GGG will ever be telling Canelo what to do because GGG will not be the bigger earner unless he beats Canelo.

Just stop the ridiculous GGG is white so everyone says he is wrong crap. Its about economics. GGG's pockets are just not as deep.

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
        Golovkin is the WBC mandatory. The fight can happen as either a unification fight or a mandatory defence. Golovkin being another org's champion does not affect this in the eyes of the WBC. Its rare, but the WBC mandated Golovkin as the mandatory challenger

Canelo really isnt at a good advantage here. They can argue all day over the weight, and if theres no agreement, the WBC will call purse bids, and the fight is automatically at 160. So Canelo will have to vacate. As interim champion, GGG is entitled to 45% of the purse.

Best moves from Canelo is to grossly overpay GGG to fight at 155, fight at a more reasonable weight (like 157) and still overpay GGG, pay huge step aside fees, or pay the WBC to enforce some corrupt decision to derecognise Golovkin.
        Great post. If it comes to that then canelo and his team should be embarrassed.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          Dunn, how old are you? Sometimes your posts are so childish... excuse me...
          How is this a childish post? It is in fact the economic reality of the MW division. ANd I do not think the WBC belt means much to Canelo as with or without it he remains the lineal MW champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            3. Agree - but is the risk of draining himself and losing the belts he's worked three years for worth the extra payday? I'd take the vacant belt then wait for Lee. After he unifies, he can put a decent exclamation point to his career, even if people want to put an asterisk next to it.
            Is that what this is really about? Are GGG's fans afraid that he might actually lose to Canelo if he goes down in weight?

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP. View Post
              Fight will be at 157 in September 2016.

GGG will fight Johnson, Canelo will fight a ranked MW.

If I was GGG I would fight at 157 in the next fight to see if he's comfortable.
              I like it!

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                I think I wasn't clear - I meant that since Cotto/Canelo (Mex vs PR rivalry, 2 known fighters who have appeared on Floyd's cards) did ~1m PPV buys, Golovkin/Canelo will do approximately half that - hence 400-600k PPV buys for GGG/Canelo. So I'm basing purses on that.

3. Agree - but is the risk of draining himself and losing the belts he's worked three years for worth the extra payday? I'd take the vacant belt then wait for Lee. After he unifies, he can put a decent exclamation point to his career, even if people want to put an asterisk next to it.

It's been his dream to unify.. I don't think anything will sway him.
                I take issue with the term "draining himself" given he and his team made it clear they could make 154 comfortably.

I agree we do not know how GGG would perform at 155 and if he takes the fight at 155 and looks bad then we can make an assessment on if he was drained or not.

agreed, he could wait for Lee, but Canelo could offer more and get him first, You also have to trust the WBC to go against what is best for their financial interests.

Please, not the unification dream stuff. His actions show unification is secondary to money-which is not wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  OP, you can't say they are irrelevant because they hurt your argument. Nothing one says in the world of business negotiations is irrelevant, you should know this. I know you like to just throw out everything GGG says but you can't.

Rather than point out what they actually said and discuss it like an adult, you mock and exaggerate it and make claims I never said in your next 3 paragraphs.

You didn't answer why GGG shouldn't deal with the same things other fighters had to deal with. He doesn't deserve to be treated any differently than others IMO.

OK, fi he says no, he says no. Fine with me. Then he doesn't get the payday.

I doubt GGG will ever be telling Canelo what to do because GGG will not be the bigger earner unless he beats Canelo.

Just stop the ridiculous GGG is white so everyone says he is wrong crap. Its about economics. GGG's pockets are just not as deep.

I asked you to point out ONE example in history where a mandatory challenger had to make this drastic a concession. Just ONE example.

You reply with "but but but oscar hops doe" even though that was a voluntary and has nothing do do with what I asked.

Hint: you cant find an example, because there isnt one. But go ahead and cheerlead it all you want.

Comment

• GGG is too good and too strong for 160 , therefore should move to 168 ASAP . We all already know that no one can beat him at 160 .

Canelo should do the same and move to 160 as he clearly can no longer fit into a 154 pound body and would naturally be more comfortable at 160 . Both fighters should just move on to the next weight challenge in their respective career's .

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                      Absolute bull****. GGG doesnŽt have to drop one pound, if Canelo wont fight him at 160 the belt will just go to GGG. And then in 2017 Canelo will come to fight GGG at 160 as the challenger, getting far less of the split than heŽd be getting right now. At this point GGG has more options than Canelo, like it or not. Unless of course WBC pull another rabbit out of their arses..
                      And what are those options exactly? Don't bring up names that he won't fight. Or him moving up in weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X