No announcement yet.

Brook to fight Bizier next, no Chaves!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Chaves wasn't the mandatory. He was supposed to fight Bizier or Lawson in an eliminator and Hearn offered him a straight shot at Brook.

Similar to how he offered it to Gavin who was supposed to fight Bradley in an eliminator.

The Brook-Chaves fight would have been a voluntary. Chaves is getting dicked over if this happens.
    So does your voluntary fight disappear if you get injured? (whether injury is legit or not that is the official line)

Seems random. I guess I was under the impression that the Chavez fight was still happening early 2016, but now IBF are enforcing a mando. Not really sure what Brook can do other than drop the belt if IBF decide to do this. Obviously dropping the belt would be a difficult decision.

This situation seems to be more about the IBF being mugs rather than Brook and team imo. I cant see any scenario where they would want to fight Bizier, like you say, its impossible to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      So does your voluntary fight disappear if you get injured? (whether injury is legit or not that is the official line)

Seems random. I guess I was under the impression that the Chavez fight was still happening early 2016, but now IBF are enforcing a mando. Not really sure what Brook can do other than drop the belt if IBF decide to do this. Obviously dropping the belt would be a difficult decision.

This situation seems to be more about the IBF being mugs rather than Brook and team imo. I cant see any scenario where they would want to fight Bizier, like you say, its impossible to sell.
      Are the IBF enforcing this though? I've only heard from Bizier's manager so far. I would think Brook would have longer to face him.

Personally I'm not going to accept the "get the mandatory out of the way for Khan in the summer" excuse.

It's going to look like Brook pulled Chaves out of the IBF rankings and then ducked him with a phony injury to fight Bizier. Chaves would have easily beaten Bizier and would have been the mandatory.

Comment

If I remember correctly the useless paper champ beat porter no?

but still.... wtf is his team doing?

Comment

Sad news Kell let me down smh......

Comment

I think this is one of Box-Office's funny ones again.

Like the time he tried to convince everyone that Brook was fighting Van Heerden or Khan was fighting a top 10 contender.

None were ever going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              I think this is one of Box-Office's funny ones again.

Like the time he tried to convince everyone that Brook was fighting Van Heerden or Khan was fighting a top 10 contender.

None were ever going to happen.
              Well Brook is going to have to fight Bizier at some point so this has got more legs than Box-Office's desperate Van Heerden/Bundu threads.

I fear Hearn is going to try and add this to that George Groves bill.

Comment

Well Brook is going to have to fight Bizier at some point so this has got more legs than Box-Office's desperate Van Heerden/Bundu threads.

I fear Hearn is going to try and add this to that George Groves bill.
                If Eddie tries to pull this off and give it the classic "he had to do it, he's mandatory" it'll be total bullcrap and a sad sad event.

People think Brook doesn't want to fight big names, but he can hardly get up for these boring fights where he knows he'll win.

But it will be the saddest event.

Comment

Complete joke. I'm done standing up for Brook, he has the talent but is scared to take on a real challenge for some reason. He is milking that Porter win to the hilt just like Ward milks his Froch win from 3 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    If Eddie tries to pull this off and give it the classic "he had to do it, he's mandatory" it'll be total bullcrap and a sad sad event.

People think Brook doesn't want to fight big names, but he can hardly get up for these boring fights where he knows he'll win.

But it will be the saddest event.
                    I'm starting to think Brook is becoming a bit like Calzaghe was.

Pulling out of numerous fights with injuries, fighting ****ty mandatories, wasting his career away.

When you actually get him in the ring, he performs....but it's getting him in the ring that's the problem.

I don't think he'll ever live up to Hearn's BS promises that he will beat everyone at 147. Doesn't have the mentality.

Comment

I'm starting to think Brook is becoming a bit like Calzaghe was.

Pulling out of numerous fights with injuries, fighting ****ty mandatories, wasting his career away.

When you actually get him in the ring, he performs....but it's getting him in the ring that's the problem.

I don't think he'll ever live up to Hearn's BS promises that he will beat everyone at 147. Doesn't have the mentality.
                      If he doesn't fight Chaves next I'll definitely lose a lot for him. Can't support another Calzaghe, it was hard enough the first time.

If he wants to be the best, fight the best. No more sitting around waiting for Khan. The Bradley fight should be ripe, do that. Screw Bizier and the IBF.

But I can't see how the IBF can mandate someone when they've granted a voluntary? Never heard of that before.

Comment

Working...
                      X