Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brook to fight Bizier next, no Chaves!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brook to fight Bizier next, no Chaves!

So, this is French-Canadian news that just put this out hours ago and I used Google Translate to get this:

The champion welterweight IBF Kell Brook will miss the optional title defense in January in front of Diego Chavez, so that his next fight will be against his mandatory challenger, Kevin Bizier.

A shock happens more quickly than expected and Groupe Yvon Michel (GYM) hopes to present at Videotron Centre in March.

The boxer of Saint-Émile won the right to fight for the belt of the English when he brilliantly defeated Fredrick Lawson at his home in Florida last November 7 in a playoff battle.

In March in Quebec?

Now GYM and Brook clan have until 23 December to agree, if they wish to avoid bidding. Moreover, the promoter Yvon Michel and Brook Eddie Hearn, will meet Wednesday. Hearn is actually in Quebec with another of his protégés, James DeGale, who will defend his title against Lucian Bute on Saturday at Videotron Centre.

http://www.tvasports.ca/2015/11/24/k...ra-kell-brooks

Edit:

Last edited by Box-Office; 11-30-2015, 11:29 PM.

Khan was talking about a fight in the summer, maybe they are getting the mandatory out of the way for that to happen?

Comment

Comment

From June.. Dirk currently brain storming a way to spin out of this
        Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        Going off hypotheticals again. We can go by facts, brook is content with fighting domestic scrubs and no hopers. Belt hostage 101, the queen would be proud

Comment

Oh jeez

Comment

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Comment

LOL. Man they sure are trying hard to keep that belt. Kevin is a decent fringe contender, but he is not championship level and far from it, but I would love to see a huge upset here LOL

Comment

What a joke, at this point i don't consider Kelly a champion. I can't even remember the name of the last two dudes Brook beat.

Porter just beat Adrien Broner in his last fight and is most probably fighting Keith Thurman next, give him the belt, he IS the champion!

Comment

Like I said about a month ago, Brook ducked countless fighters - Chaves, Rios, Alexander, Bradley, Thurman to name a few. I got banned for making that thread by one of these dumb phuck fanboy mods here but now people are starting to wake up, like they always do sooner or later.

Brook is a compulsive ducker and his cheerleaders have allowed him to get away with ducking many fighters for years. They can't seem to connect the dots and work out why he only has one half-decent opponent on his record of 35 fights. It's no wonder Brook fans all have "special" needs.

Here's a Brook fan watching Brook vs Jo Jo Dan:

Comment

Didn't someone say that spence is going to be made a ibf mandatory? Do you guys think brook will face hIm or vacate

Comment

Working...
                    X