Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward: "im not interested in talking about lil g anymore... I wanna fight the best"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    And I guarantee you, Golovkin would fight the winners of Quillin/Jacobs and Lee/Saunders in a heartbeat, if he got the chance.

Quillin already refused to fight him, unless it was for "Manny/Floyd type money."
    if, shoulda, coulda, woulda aint done shyt....GGG wont be facing a top 5 middleweight or top 5 supermiddleweight because he has a lot of hype and is a puncher......dude resume sucks for all the hype and if he wanted to fight top guys he would demand it and stop letting his team and sanchez talk for him

He is 34 with that pitiful resume while guys who have done more don't get half the hype or respect

How long are people gonna ride that people wont fight him horse?? He and his team, HBO are part of the problem not people ducking him

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
      Exactly! Loeffler admitted he wasn't sure Ward could still make 168 so that's why offering a 164 catchweight was a joke.
      ...which is ALSO proof that these two guys (ward and golovkin) aren't remotely the same size.

Ward is 6'1" and walks around at, what, 185? 190?
      Golovkin is 5'10" and walks around at maybe 170?

Weight classes. They exist for a reason.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          bro....4 years ago is 2011

also I was replying to BATTLINGNELSON'S...try reading before you reply

fan boy
          no matter how you slice it, GGG resume is trash for all his hype...deal with it[/B]
          Come on man, stop spinning. You said SINCE 2011, that means 2012 onwards.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            so you're just gonna act like dude didn't have managerial problems and a shoulder injury

He asked for offers. When he got them he refused because he didnt want to leave jOakland. Fact. This was in a period where ward was healthy and is publicly available in courtdocuments.

GGG has made a career out of fighting those taxi drivers....since 2011, which was 4 years ago, Ward defeated Arthur Abraham, Carl Froch, Chad Dawson, Edwin Rodriguez and Paul Smith

Now look at who GGG has fought since 2011, do you really think GGG has defeate a murders row? Lemieux, Proska, washed up Ouma, fringe contenders, and contenders Macklin and Murray
            Did I ever claim that GGG has beaten a murderers row? No. What I have said is only that he has tried to make fights with every top name in his division going back 4-5 years and must has refused.

PUHLEASE, Ward has fewer fights and is younger and has a better resume overall and from 2011 and now

Just because you like a fighter more than another doesn't mean you ignore the facts about the fighter
            Wards resume the past 4 years going on 5 is awful. He could easily have done so much more but he hasnt because he will not travel. Key here is that GGG does what he can to make the fights happen while Ward has done everything he could to ensure fights do not happen.

See?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              And I guarantee you, Golovkin would fight the winners of Quillin/Jacobs and Lee/Saunders in a heartbeat, if he got the chance.

Quillin already refused to fight him, unless it was for "Manny/Floyd type money."
              And that's the main issue. I'm not saying he should get that type of money but he's touching on a point that people are ignoring. Nobody is ducking GGG. K2 isn't offering any money to fight him. Bradley, Rios, Lomachenko fight purse was almost equal to GGG, Lemieux, Gonzalez and that fight was on HBO and held in a smaller arena that wasn't sold out. Willie Monroe made $100,000 and hasn't been able to get a fight since. Take out managers cut, training expenses and taxes he's made less than I have this year. You bring up Lara's name and Loeffler immediately starts going on about HBO not being able to pay what he thinks Lara would want. He doesn't even try to make the fight. There are always roadblocks to any negotiation but K2 doesn't even make an effort. Tyson was 10x's more feared than GGG but he never had a problem getting guys in the ring because they were compensated well for fighting him. HBO and K2 gotta start paying guys to get in the ring with GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                Exactly! Loeffler admitted he wasn't sure Ward could still make 168 so that's why offering a 164 catchweight was a joke.
                maybe you dont keep up on things, but K2/GGG never offered Ward 164. That was a comment made to Dan Rafael. It was not a formal offer. GGG is busy trying to unify 160 and has no interest in Andre Ward at 164, 168, 172, or whatever weight.......

Comment

"I want to fight the best" he says a month after trying to fight someone the NSAC wouldn't approve.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    maybe you dont keep up on things, but K2/GGG never offered Ward 164. That was a comment made to Dan Rafael. It was not a formal offer. GGG is busy trying to unify 160 and has no interest in Andre Ward at 164, 168, 172, or whatever weight.......
                    Who made that statement to Rafael? Tom Loeffler, GGG's promoter. Unification is only brought up when it involves Ward. They just said they'd fight Froch last week when Froch was talking about coming out of retirement to fight DeGale. They are still saying they'll fight Floyd at 154. They just said they'll still fight Cotto even though he doesn't have a belt. None of those are unification fights but they would sign on to fight them tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
                      "I want to fight the best" he says a month after trying to fight someone the NSAC wouldn't approve.
                      Hey now! "If we say we had an injury, we had an injury."

Comment

Working...
                      X