Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward: "im not interested in talking about lil g anymore... I wanna fight the best"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Less talking, more fighting.

Comment

Ward a G....

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        GGG has been fighting those types of guys his whole career.

If anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, it's Ward. He's already proven and clearly his inactivity wasn't due to ducking someone but circumstance.
        He flat out turned Down fights because he didn't want to leave the US. That's not circumstance. He asked for offers. Got them. Turned them Down with no counters.

Now he's signed a deal that has him fighting Kovalev at the end of it accordig to all parties. And that's that. Ward is looking to close his career with a **** and any fan who has an issue with an established champion moving up to fight a fellow pound for pounder really isn't a fan.
        I think it's great that he wants to fight Kovalev. I really do. But 3 tune-ups. Come on. That's excessive and leaves an unfounded base for him saying that he wants to fight the best.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          So after 4 years of fighting lorry-drivers and bicycle-repairmen, Ward now wants to fight the best Again. Looks like it will be a top LHW next then right?

In other Words I do not believe him. All evidence points in another direction.
          so you're just gonna act like dude didn't have managerial problems and a shoulder injury

GGG has made a career out of fighting those taxi drivers....since 2011, which was 4 years ago, Ward defeated Arthur Abraham, Carl Froch, Chad Dawson, Edwin Rodriguez and Paul Smith

Now look at who GGG has fought since 2011, do you really think GGG has defeate a murders row? Lemieux, Proska, washed up Ouma, fringe contenders, and contenders Macklin and Murray

PUHLEASE, Ward has fewer fights and is younger and has a better resume overall and from 2011 and now

Just because you like a fighter more than another doesn't mean you ignore the facts about the fighter

Comment

Ward is contracted to fight Kovalev...

meanwhile ggg is gonna fight who?

Comment

Calling him lil g doesnt help his case, sounds like he is admitting to picking on a smaller fighter and calling him up in weight.

Comment

Ward can't make 168, no point in bringing up Golovkin's name anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                  Ward is contracted to fight Kovalev...

meanwhile ggg is gonna fight who?
                  I guarantee you it wont be Quillin, Jacobs, Lee or Saunders

it'll be some fringe contender on Rosado or Monroe's level and his fans will eat it up like he is fighting elite guys and remind you how much of a monster he is

The talents there but the resume looks pathetic for someone with all these fanatics. at least Manny Pacquaio was fighting elite guys when his popularity was out of this world......GGG is just another good titleholder til he proves otherwise by actually fighting top notch competition

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    I guarantee you it wont be Quillin, Jacobs, Lee or Saunders

it'll be some fringe contender on Rosado or Monroe's level and his fans will eat it up like he is fighting elite guys and remind you how much of a monster he is

The talents there but the resume looks pathetic for someone with all these fanatics. at least Manny Pacquaio was fighting elite guys when his popularity was out of this world......GGG is just another good titleholder til he proves otherwise by actually fighting top notch competition
                    you know what's funnier..... he even said since cotto's not champion that he still wants a fight with cotto

he's like.....

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      He flat out turned Down fights because he didn't want to leave the US. That's not circumstance. He asked for offers. Got them. Turned them Down with no counters.
                      No, sorry. I think it's clear at this point why he wasn't taking fights.

Speaking of turning them down with no counters, that's what GGG did to Ward. Ahem.

I think it's great that he wants to fight Kovalev. I really do. But 3 tune-ups. Come on. That's excessive and leaves an unfounded base for him saying that he wants to fight the best.
                      In that case, I can expect you to be in threads dissing GGG since his whole career has been nothing but tune-ups.

Comment

Working...
                      X