No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: Cotto vs Canelo PPV surpasses 900,000 PPV buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    BS, go pull up the thread. My cotto-canelo pick was 650-750k. What I posted yesterday was that I got an email from someone I trust who told me the fight was going to do well over 850k, guaranteed. Aldo (or someone else, I dont remember) then asked if I thought it could go over a million, and I said sure, anything is possible, but nobody knows the actual numbers yet.

And my reply to Kev asking if 900k was a flop (since Roc CEO said over 1.5 million) was obviously sarcasm directed to those that have been carrying on for a month now about how Loeffler said 200k was a success, but it only did 150, therefore its a flop.

Sometime it seems people here are really really stupid, or maybe English isnt their first language.
    Or, you said you picked GGG to sell 200k, I checked the thread, you voted 250-300k, I called you on it, and then you said I clicked it by accident.

Now, am I lying or did this happen?

Comment

More then i expected..but im not sure how they got numbers so fast...anyway its good for boxing

Comment

Great ****ing Number. Canelo is the next face of this sport. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Or, you said you picked GGG to sell 200k, I checked the thread, you voted 250-300k, I called you on it, and then you said I clicked it by accident.

Now, am I lying or did this happen?
          in ANY thread I posted in, I said I predicted 225-250k for the GGG-Lemieux ppv, as I thought the HBO machine prettymuch guaranteed 200k no matter what. Obviously I was wrong about that.

As to the poll, if I clicked anything other than 225-250k, or if 225-250k wasnt a choice and I clicked the closest option, then i didnt click the right button. Sue me.

Man you are really clinging. Find a post where I actually typed in that it would do 300k and Ill send you $100 via paypal right now.

If not, then STFU about it already

Comment

Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
            No it just shows you need two good names to get good numbers
            this and this only.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              More then i expected..but im not sure how they got numbers so fast...anyway its good for boxing
              There are no numbers yet. This is Dan Rafael thinking out loud.

Once he drops the article about the final numbers, carefully study the words used at the beggining of the article.

If the article starts with "according to the figures released by HBO..", then the numbers are legit.

If the article's source is "Golden Boy Promotions" or "Roc Nation Sports". Then the numbers are inflated.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                this and this only.
                Lol finally someone who doesn't think that I'm defending GGG because I'm Eastern European

Comment

The only stain on the card was Rigo.

Comment

Way better than i thought

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                      they just using a formula and using the numbers directtv is feeding them atm.

say directtv accounts for 13% of the overall ppv buys they just punch in the numbers and get their selves a reliable estimate.

Comment

Working...
                      X