No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: Cotto vs Canelo PPV surpasses 900,000 PPV buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !WAR CANELO! View Post
    now Imagine if RocNation new how to promote a fight!

With proper promotion this fight could of got 1.5 mil
    agreed. Jay-z sends out a few tweets to his 10 million followers even at a 1% response thats another 100k buys.......

Comment

Those are incredible numbers. Canelo is picking up that PPV crown.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
        Wow, that's great news. Much better than I thought it would do.
        Why exactly and for who?

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
          Why exactly and for who?
          It's good for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            Roc CEO predicted 1.5 million to 2 million, therefore 900k is a total flop, right?
            Does this stem from the argument that GGG fans said 150k would be a success for Golovkin vs Lemiuex and I said how would that be a success, 150k sucks. And the fight ended up being 97k, so it flopped and didn't even hit it's ridiculously bad target?

If it is, these are two different situations. You and the rest of the GGG fans were the one's who set the target that would be successful and you would be happy with, which was 200k, and that flopped.

In this case Roc Nation gave itself a ridiculously high target, and still got an excellent figure. The fans of of this fight were predicting 600-700k and the fight did BETTER.

So yeah, elaborate on what you are trying to get at?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Does this stem from the argument that GGG fans said 150k would be a success for Golovkin vs Lemiuex and I said how would that be a success, 150k sucks. And the fight ended up being 97k, so it flopped and didn't even hit it's ridiculously bad target?

If it is, these are two different situations. You and the rest of the GGG fans were the one's who set the target that would be successful and you would be happy with, which was 200k, and that flopped.

In this case Roc Nation gave itself a ridiculously high target, and still got an excellent figure. The fans of of this fight were predicting 600-700k and the fight did BETTER.

close, but no

Loeffler said 200k would be a success, but it only did 150k. (yeah yeah, I know, HBO, Taffet, Rafael, Iole, etc dont know anything and Glaser's 97k is the bible truth)

so if Loeffler says 200, and it does 150 and is a flop, then it stands to reason that if Roc CEO said over 1.5 million, and it only does 900k, then its a flop too.

The sad part is that I actually had to explain this. Usually most people are able to comprehend my sarcasm, and it doesnt go over their head.

And for the record, 900k would be awesome, and over a mil would be a total home run. I only predicted 650-750k

Comment

looks like GGG better start cutting carbs...

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

1. You're comparing Dan's prelim #s to Goosen's numbers? Why not trying to compare oh I don't know.. Dan's #s to Dan's #s? Just an idea.
                  2. "Fans"? Are you trying to cherry pick random fans to make your point? How about we compare someone who actually matters.. like hmm.. promoters? Oscar said 1.5m originally. Roc said 1.5m-2m.
                  3. You think that 150k sucks? Cool. You do know that even if you don't include Cotto's PPV share and the much higher marketing costs, Cotto/Canelo purses were 5 times higher than GGG/Lemieux, right?

In case you don't get what I'm trying to say with #3..Floyd/Berto did 550k PPVs. Much better than GGG/DL, right? Except that Floyd got $32m for that fight. HBO got KILLED that night. They just didn't mind because Pac/Floyd happened earlier in the year.

It's not the # of PPVs that matter, it's how the event did financially. As long as they make money (break even+), and the event does not conflict with another possible event of theirs (opportunity cost), they'll happily put on a fight even if it does 10k PPV buys.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    close, but no

Loeffler said 200k would be a success, but it only did 150k. (yeah yeah, I know, HBO, Taffet, Rafael, Iole, etc dont know anything and Glaser's 97k is the bible truth)

so if Loeffler says 200, and it does 150 and is a flop, then it stands to reason that if Roc CEO said over 1.5 million, and it only does 900k, then its a flop too.

The sad part is that I actually had to explain this. Usually most people are able to comprehend my sarcasm, and it doesnt go over their head.

And for the record, 900k would be awesome, and over a mil would be a total home run. I only predicted 650-750k
                    you are making a valid point, but i dont recall Roc Nation stating that they needed 1.5mil to be a success...

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                      It's good for boxing.
                      Good answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X