Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: Cotto vs Canelo PPV surpasses 900,000 PPV buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so does this mean that Canelo should demand a 90/10 split with ggg?

Comment

Comment

Thats huge. When was the last time a fight that didn't include Mayweather or Pacquiao hit 1mil?

De La Hoya-Hopkins?

Let the new era begin.

Comment

huge numbers

way more than i thought it would do

proves how big a star canelo is

Comment

Lol at the Floyd fans in this thread. Anyway, Gi Gi is about to get slapped up by Canelo and his monster ppv numbers at the negotiation table. Golovkin better know what's good for him and take what they give him. Canelo is the A-Side, Golovkin and is 97k is the C-Side.
            Last edited by Bigg Rigg; 11-24-2015, 06:23 PM.

Comment

War boxing!!!

"It's dying doe"

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                huge numbers

way more than i thought it would do

proves how big a star canelo is
                And/or cotto

Comment

Canelo didn't do by himself that's stupid Cotto did his part, almost every bori or mexican i knew bought the fight my self included, Canelo is a big star that's for sure but so is Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    i predicted 650-750k, but it would be awesome for boxing if this does over 900k, and over a million would be spectacular. I dont have a dog in this fight, as nobody is sharing any ppv money with me regardless of what I post lol
                    why would it be awesome "for boxing" if Cotto-Canelo does over 900k? Cotto-Canelo wasn't really a fight that the public was thirsting for to begin with. Congrats for Oscar not seeing his company go under (which likely helped him feel confident enough to pull the Ring Magazine shenanigans), but that's about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                      so does this mean that Canelo should demand a 90/10 split with ggg?
                      Yes, though likely even more than that; even before the fight was finished, the split wouldn't have been any better than the 85/15 that Canelo has basically split with every opponent since he was the A-side.

$16m site fee, likely hefty event sponsors on top of that, with $45m-$50m in PPV revenue (not to even mention the Mexico/international TV money), compared to the $7m-$10m, in total, generated on the entire Golovkin PPV (likely down to $4m-$5m net into the pot, once all external parties were paid) made that kind of obvious.

Fight isn't going to go to purse bids, so if K2 even tries to negotiate as such, Canelo will likely be happy to hand him the belt for a division that Canelo isn;t even ready to compete in, in his opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X