Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Kovalev Better Than GGG, Bigger Challenge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Triple G's fan, it is Okay to ask for a CW? or to fight in couple of years? But, when Canelo does the samething, they get mad about it? Why the double standard?

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
      For Triple G's fan, it is Okay to ask for a CW? or to fight in couple of years? But, when Canelo does the samething, they get mad about it? Why the double standard?
      There is no double standard.

Canelo middleweight champion
      GGG middleweight #1 contender
      Ward former supermiddleweight champion/light heavyweight fighter

Two guys are at 160, one guy is at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
        I must have missed something. When Was it that Golovkin told his mando to fight at a cw and wait years for a shot? In other words you are either new to boxing or just trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
          How can you say this without knowing what questions he's answering?
          Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          He was asked if Kovalev was a harder fight than Golovkin at the media roundtable.

He gave the correct answer.
          Yeah some people are just plain ****** or ignorant. If he ignore the question then it would be he doesn't want to face the monster. He gave his answer which i agree with completely. The proof of Kovalev resume is in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
            Wait, people are mad he answered a question the RIGHT way? Smh.
            Yep............Boxingscene for you.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
              There is no double standard.

Canelo middleweight champion
              GGG middleweight #1 contender
              Ward former supermiddleweight champion/light heavyweight fighter

Two guys are at 160, one guy is at 175.
              Okay, I guess you're right. There is not double standard when it comes to GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                Yeah he answered a question. However he Was again referring to an e-mail from k2 without telling the circumstance. You know how the lemieuix fight Was already signed. How Wards offer Was just an alibi-offer.

So Ward clearly in defense mode and trashing a fighter who he is Neverland going to fight. Pretty lame.
                Trashing? If you think saying Kovalev is a better fighter and a tougher fight is "trashing" Golovkin then you're very sensitive because it's clearly the truth.

You might cry real tears when you see the part where he calls Golovkin a "spoiled brat"

Comment

At this point its time to move on from the GGG/Ward fiasco.

GGG simply didn't want to fight him. GGG (given what ODH has been saying) appears to be another 12-18 months before he gets a Canelo fight, if he gets it at all. He will continue to fight lower level comp-lee, tuareano johnson-assuming Lee doesn't take the more lucrative Canelo deal.

Since A Canelo fight pays more than a GGG fight, Canelo seems better positioned to get the best of the bad bunch at MW.

Ward took the HBO deal so he is being positioned to fight Kov. Kov has the easy Pascal rematch and likely 1 more easier fight. Ward will get 1 or 2 easy fight(s) as well. Then they fight. Lets hope the fight gets made as planned.

Ward is correct. I think GGG is more skilled and better overall than Kov; but Kov has a proven resume against top competition and is the bigger guy. I think he will definitely be harder for Ward than GGG.
                  Last edited by The Big Dunn; 11-23-2015, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                    Lmao Andre Ward is obsessed about G, so jealous
                    You should just be happy that Ward is moving up and Gennady and his team no longer have to lie and tell half truths to avoid him.

Kovalev is a better boxer than Golovkin. Not only that, but Sergei is willing to fight top level competition.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      I must have missed something. When Was it that Golovkin told his mando to fight at a cw and wait years for a shot? In other words you are either new to boxing or just trolling.
                      Is that you're answer? That I'm new or trolling? All I hear is bunch of excuses from fans or GGG's team , since when (to fans) belts matter? it is about fighting the best and if GGG crumble pre-nogotiations (ward) and he is just fighting C to B level boxers and not man up to A-side demands?

Every A level fighter had to bend over to get a big fight in order to become a super star, why can't GGG do the same?

Comment

Working...
                      X