Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya on Canelo-GGG: I Can Marinate or Just Do It!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will say this, GGG presents an easier style for Canelo to deal with than people think. He's there to be hit, and will come forward all night. Canelo has struggled against movers, and I really believe Canelo is not a pressure fighter at all.

He lacks the output to be a pressure fighter, and we saw that again yesterday. Personally, it was frustrating to see Canelo fight hard enough just to win, since I know he has the skills to get his guys out of there, if he simply pressed much more.

Against GGG, I think he has much more output than against movers, obviously. The danger, though, is getting into exchanges with GGG. Again, I would like to see Canelo fully grow into middleweight, fight 2-3 middleweights, feel their power, have stamina against bigger guys, and try to carry power into division.

I think the fact that Canelo is still able to make 155 indicates he is not quite a middleweight yet, since a true middleweight probably kills himself trying to make 155. So, I'm not opposed to seeing Canelo take 2-3 fights at 160 before fighting GGG. I think its crazy to jump straight into a division and fight the best guy there, right off the bat.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
      After cotto outboxed canelo and got screwed on the cards Oscar will keep canelo away all you idiot fans thought canelo would fight GGG he won't he couldn't hurt a smaller older cotto what makes you think he will hurt a bigger puncher who really should be fighting at 168
      The fight was close, but Cotto didn't win it. Canelo landed the harder punches. To Cotto's credit, he did very well considering he's shop worn. A younger Cotto like the one who be Alfredo Gomez would have probably beaten Canelo. The score cards for this fight were outrageous.

Comment

After cotto outboxed canelo and got screwed on the cards Oscar will keep canelo away all you idiot fans thought canelo would fight GGG he won't he couldn't hurt a smaller older cotto what makes you think he will hurt a bigger puncher who really should be fighting at 168
        You seeing Cotto winning that fight has absolutely nothing to do with him being plastered all over your shhhh? Meanwhile every non-cotto fan saw him get beaten clearly.

Comment

He doesn't have to hurt him, he needs combination of good power and good skill and defense, Canelo has that. Power alone won't beat Golovkin because he can take a punch. You need skill. Canelo can get ready for Golovkin but first he has to fight another top 10 MW to see what he can do and how he can outbox an actual MW not a JMW who had a MW belt. I think Canelo will box Golovkin a lot more, he will try to outbox Golovkin and win by decision not KO.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
            No need to let it marinate. I mean technically Canelo doesn't have a choice, from WBC perspective, since he has to fight GGG next, 50 days to decide. But, I'm sure they will pull some bs and let Canelo have 2 title defenses against other opponents. Personally, I would like to see Canelo fight 2-3 actual middleweights at 160 lb. limit, and let his body acclimate to that weight. Get hit by middleweights, stamina against bigger guys, carry power into middleweight.

2 choices here...

1. Fight GGG next, probably take a loss
            2. Vacate WBC, take 2 fights (easy fights) at true middleweight, fight GGG Sep. 2016
            It's just 15 days, not 50. I have a feeling they will fight next year, and that maybe GGG will allow Canelo one voluntary defence before facing him. It's going to be fascinating seeing how this plays out,

Comment

As long as Canelo vacates the title, he can let it marinate for however long he wants

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                Wow, a common-sense decision that just so happens to be good for boxing.

Keep up the good work.
                wow, we agree on something??

I'll alert the media at once...........

Comment

I say if lil'G is gonna behave like a b1tch, then treat him like one.

If Hypekin is not prepared to give him a catchweight, or wait for Canelo to adapt to 160...... then pass him over, and never consider him again.

He can go kick rocks, and end his career having never faced a world-class opponent.

Golovkin will ALWAYS be the subject of controversy, most will regard him as a paper champ / fun fighter..... like Gatti, except without the fanbase
                  So you still don't know what the term "mandatory defence" means?

Don't worry son, you'll find out soon.

Comment

I say if lil'G is gonna behave like a b1tch, then treat him like one.

If Hypekin is not prepared to give him a catchweight, or wait for Canelo to adapt to 160...... then pass him over, and never consider him again.

He can go kick rocks, and end his career having never faced a world-class opponent.

Golovkin will ALWAYS be the subject of controversy, most will regard him as a paper champ / fun fighter..... like Gatti, except without the fanbase
                    And this is a perfect example of fear.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                      You seeing Cotto winning that fight has absolutely nothing to do with him being plastered all over your shhhh? Meanwhile every non-cotto fan saw him get beaten clearly.
                      I'm not a Cotto fan, but I thought every round could of gone either way. Although I think Cotto clearly won either the 2nd or 3rd round.

Comment

Working...
                      X