Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya on Canelo-GGG: I Can Marinate or Just Do It!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After cotto outboxed canelo and got screwed on the cards Oscar will keep canelo away all you idiot fans thought canelo would fight GGG he won't he couldn't hurt a smaller older cotto what makes you think he will hurt a bigger puncher who really should be fighting at 168

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
      After cotto outboxed canelo and got screwed on the cards Oscar will keep canelo away all you idiot fans thought canelo would fight GGG he won't he couldn't hurt a smaller older cotto what makes you think he will hurt a bigger puncher who really should be fighting at 168
      lol wow have some fckng pride man

Comment

If y'all are anything like me. Last night was one of those fights when all your casual fan buddies have a million questions before, and a million questions afterwards for the lone hardcore fan they know. And to a man, the question I was asked most today was, "who is this GGG guy?" So in that respect, it would probably help maximize the warming potential of the event to let the fight marinate.

On the other hand, speaking as a fight fan, I would rather see it now. GGG is clearly the man at middleweight. Canelo is clearly the man at jr middleweight. Canelo also physically appears to be ready for the move to full fledged middleweight. Canelo would be by far the best fighter GGG has faced. And although Nelo had been in with a better fighter than GGG in Floyd. GGG presents a completely different set of issues for Nelo than Floyd did. There's some good fighters and good fights for Nelo at 54. But GGG is the fight the fight community most wants now. So barring Floyd coming back and rematching Ginger. There's really no excuse for Nelo not to see GGG in 2016.

Comment

No need to let it marinate. I mean technically Canelo doesn't have a choice, from WBC perspective, since he has to fight GGG next, 50 days to decide. But, I'm sure they will pull some bs and let Canelo have 2 title defenses against other opponents. Personally, I would like to see Canelo fight 2-3 actual middleweights at 160 lb. limit, and let his body acclimate to that weight. Get hit by middleweights, stamina against bigger guys, carry power into middleweight.

2 choices here...

1. Fight GGG next, probably take a loss
          2. Vacate WBC, take 2 fights (easy fights) at true middleweight, fight GGG Sep. 2016

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            LAS VEGAS, Nevada: Mexican superstar Saul “Canelo” Alvarez captured the vacant World Boxing Council middleweight title Saturday with a unanimous decision victory over Puerto Rico’s Miguel Cotto.

Judges awarded Alvarez the verdict by scores of 119-109, 118-110 and 117-111, with Canelo improving to 46-1-1 while Cotto fell to 40-5.

Canelo, 25, became only the second Mexican fighter to claim the world middleweight throne, taking the title Cotto, 34, surrendered earlier in the week rather than pay sanctioning fees.
            [Click Here To Read More]

I say if lil'G is gonna behave like a b1tch, then treat him like one.

If Hypekin is not prepared to give him a catchweight, or wait for Canelo to adapt to 160...... then pass him over, and never consider him again.

He can go kick rocks, and end his career having never faced a world-class opponent.

Golovkin will ALWAYS be the subject of controversy, most will regard him as a paper champ / fun fighter..... like Gatti, except without the fanbase

Comment

The WBA has 3 champions in this division. Should the WBO title count?
              I think Canelo should fight Andy Lee in May and then fight GGG in November. Just to have 1 champion. The WBA has 2 to 3 champions per weight class so maybe the WBA shouldn't be counted. I think Canelo might do better at super middleweight if Andre Ward leaves the division and he avoids the Russian. Canelo can fight for a lot of titles before he fights GGG. I think they should pick up all the belts before they fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
                No need to let it marinate. I mean technically Canelo doesn't have a choice, from WBC perspective, since he has to fight GGG next, 50 days to decide. But, I'm sure they will pull some bs and let Canelo have 2 title defenses against other opponents. Personally, I would like to see Canelo fight 2-3 actual middleweights at 160 lb. limit, and let his body acclimate to that weight. Get hit by middleweights, stamina against bigger guys, carry power into middleweight.

2 choices here...

2. Vacate WBC, take 2 fights (easy fights) at true middleweight, fight GGG Sep. 2016
                or option 3:

Canelo pays GGG some step aside money to hang onto the title for now, and fights someone else on cinco de mayo. Meanwhile GGG does the Johnson IBF mando in Feb, tries to get the Lee-Saunders winner in May/June, and GGG-Canelo meet in September for all 4 belts.

As much as I'd like to see GGG get the Canelo fight next, I would be ok with this situation, as long as everyone held up their end and there was no foolishness

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post

2 choices here...

If Hypekin will not give Canelo a catchweight, and he will not wait for him to develop at 160..... instead preferring to take the easy way out by demanding the fight now knowing that he will be stripped..... then why would Canelo EVER fight him?

Why would Canelo give a hypejob like that a payday ?

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    or option 3:

Canelo pays GGG some step aside money to hang onto the title for now, and fights someone else on cinco de mayo. Meanwhile GGG does the Johnson IBF mando in Feb, tries to get the Lee-Saunders winner in May/June, and GGG-Canelo meet in September for all 4 belts.

As much as I'd like to see GGG get the Canelo fight next, I would be ok with this situation, as long as everyone held up their end and there was no foolishness

Wow, a common-sense decision that just so happens to be good for boxing.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                      So none of them are any good? Cotto is an old man, 3G is winning on the scales, and Canelo isn't a real middle weight. I guess two out of three isn't bad now that I think about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X