Flash Back interview from 2005: Mayweather interview before Gatti PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    All what you're saying is bull****.

The Margarito fight was a package deal with Oscar and Hatton.

Floyd agreed to Margarito and asked for more money for Oscar and Hatton.

Bob said no.

Floyd left him.

If you think that's a duck then you really need to grow up. Seriously. Grow up.
    Calm down. The Margarito deal did not involve Hatton, just stop..... That's beyond reaching for even for you!

Floyd rejected the Margarito deal in April '06 and he said it was because he bruised his hand. He then bought out his TR contract. He then negotiated the Baldomir fight in August '06 and fought him in November. He then fought Oscar in May '07. Back in April '06, he told Bob he wanted $20mill for Oscar and Bob said no. But that's here nor there, because shortly after he was a free agent and made his own choices. Among those choices he made was to fight Baldomir rather than Margarito. Same deal he gave Baldomir he could've made with Margarito and he would've made more money because the ppv would've sold big instead of 325k buys vs Baldomir.

Hatton never came onto Floyd's radar until June '07 when Hatton called him out after Castillo.....

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      Calm down. The Margarito deal did not involve Hatton, just stop..... That's beyond reaching for even for you!

Floyd rejected the Margarito deal in April '06 and he said it was because he bruised his hand. He then bought out his TR contract. He then negotiated the Baldomir fight in August '06 and fought him in November. He then fought Oscar in May '07. Back in April '06, he told Bob he wanted $20mill for Oscar and Bob said no. But that's here nor there, because shortly after he was a free agent and made his own choices. Among those choices he made was to fight Baldomir rather than Margarito. Same deal he gave Baldomir he could've made with Margarito and he would've made more money because the ppv would've sold big instead of 325k buys vs Baldomir.

Hatton never came onto Floyd's radar until June '07 when Hatton called him out after Castillo.....
      Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn't interested in participating in.

"That's not in the cards," Arum said. "He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It's not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. We'll talk about things down the road."

Comment

STFU.

Bob Arum said Floyd was willing to fight Margarito for $8m. He asked for higher guarantees against Oscar and Hatton should those fights come off and that's why the deal went through.

I told you, you won't be able to spread your BS while I'm here. And your talk of Harris just nonsense. Check yourself cuz you're full of it.

Comment

Remember when Roy Jones was "ducking" David Telesco?

Imagine if the Rochigianni fight hadn't fallen through and if Telesco wasn't the only available opponent?

There would be some loser on here talking about "Yeah but Jones ducked Telesco."

I remember that very well. Jones was supposedly ducking Reggie Johnson too.

Comment

Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn't interested in participating in.

"That's not in the cards," Arum said. "He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It's not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. We'll talk about things down the road."

Hardly a negotiation for the fight. And still he went free-agent and opted for the safe fight vs Baldomir.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              I remember that very well. Jones was supposedly ducking Reggie Johnson too.
              I forgot about that. Because of ONE fight

Comment

Hardly a negotiation for the fight. And still he went free-agent and opted for the safe fight vs Baldomir.
                Take it up with Arum.

Let's see, Arum said Mayweather would fight Margarito.

Let's see, Hatton was in discussion.

Let's see...you're still a piece of **** who won't let it go even though all your weak responses have been destroyed

Comment

Take it up with Arum.

Let's see, Arum said Mayweather would fight Margarito.

Let's see, Hatton was in discussion.

Let's see...you're still a piece of **** who won't let it go even though all your weak responses have been destroyed
                  You never addressed why in late '04 Floyd took less money to fight Bruseles instead of Harris.

You never addressed why in August '06 Floyd chose to go after Baldomir instead of Margarito.

Comment

You never addressed why in late '04 Floyd took less money to fight Bruseles instead of Harris.

You never addressed why in August '06 Floyd chose to go after Baldomir instead of Margarito.
                    Do you read? What do you think those Arum quotes were about?

And you u need me to slap you around some more?

Go do your homework first. If you still can't realize that you need to shut up because you're clueless, I'll oblige.

Comment

I wondered what you guys would do when Floyd retired.

Now i know.

Comment

Working...
                      X