No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Derecognizes Cotto; Title Only At Stake For Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
    As someone pointed out earlier, Tyson paid Lewis 4.5 million to step aside. That has nothing to do with the sanctioning fees. That was essentially Cotto's way of weaseling his way out of the GGG fight, lets not forget he has been mandatory to Cotto for a year now. Just admit your boy is a coward.
    A coward because a small 154 pound fighter doesn't want to fight at 160? So I guess Canelo is a coward for saying 155 for GGG and GGG is a coward for not wanted to move up for Ward? So everyone is a coward. ok

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
      Cotto won't even entertain the idea of fighting GGG And he paid him 800K just to not fight him! that's a pretty fat payday for any regular fight.

Nah, don't backpedal now you were fine with Cotto fighting GGG at a catchweight but now its not okay for Canelo? Plus GGG dug his own grave with that A-side talk his team was barking, and 97k buys
      Lol it's ok for both but Golovkin has said he's not fighting either guy under 160. So Nelo saying he will fight Golovkin at 155 is basically saying we not gonna fight. Why you trying to act like Nelo is actually gonna fight Golovkin??? Stop it puto....

Comment

• Originally posted by rajaomair View Post
        So basically he told the WBC that he will duck GGG, good move by the WBC then.
        Really? Cotto fans told me that its not a duck, but a boss move!

Comment

• Originally posted by saint laurent
          lmk the next time someone pays nearly a million dollars to avoid their RING mandatory.
          Again for you dumb asses that do not really follow what people say! COTTO HAS NEVER CLAIMED TO BE A TRUEEEEE MIDDLEWIEGHT. Said it in his interview after the Gale fight. This move should not surprise anyone. Cotto has said he has 1 more year left in Boxing. Why pay a fee for a belt you already won? History was already made. He still holds the lineal title.

He is at the stage of his career where he can dictate things, he has been through the fire. Cashing out on a risky fight should not be held against him, GGG lovers will never understand this because there fighter does not take the risk Cotto has taken.

Moving up in weight is not a option for lil g or moving down. Those are the biggest challenges for him.

Cotto could have ducked Canelo and taken the Floyd route for this fight. He didn't people that glorify GGG are acting as if Cotto is fighting Andre Berto on Nov 21. He is fight Canelo Alverez a fighter that is better than any fighter GGG has ever faced. Shane Mosley is better than and fighter GGG has ever faced.

Ward waited for GGG, to only get told what Cotto told GGG. He was not worth the money risk. So setting a double standard is pretty funny here.
          His promotional company stuck their foot in there mouth by saying he could beat anyone from 154-168, then keep him stagnant at 160.

No one cares what belt is on the line Saturday. It's about 2 warriors going at it. Mexico vs Puerto Rico.

GGG is irrelevant come Saturday night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lords View Post
            A coward because a small 154 pound fighter doesn't want to fight at 160? So I guess Canelo is a coward for saying 155 for GGG and GGG is a coward for not wanted to move up for Ward? So everyone is a coward. ok
            No a coward because of that exactly. If he were to come out and say he was too small for 160 after the Martinez fight and vacate the belt, he could have saved face. This fight would obviously still be happening with Canelo. Instead he kept that (meaningless lol) title hostage that he didn't care so much about and even paid 800K just to keep it for a little longer

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
              Lol it's ok for both but Golovkin has said he's not fighting either guy under 160. So Nelo saying he will fight Golovkin at 155 is basically saying we not gonna fight. Why you trying to act like Nelo is actually gonna fight Golovkin??? Stop it puto....
              No its not saying "Basically we won't fight" its saying I'm going to do what Cotto did to me and Floyd did to me and pull an "A-side" move right? Or is it only a boss move when your papi cotto does it?

Comment

• Someone recap the last 30 pages...do we know why he was stripped? WBC seem to be vague on purpose.

Comment

• Cotto saved 1.45 Millions with this move and GGg is a hipocrit!

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=694213

Comment

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    Someone recap the last 30 pages...do we know why he was stripped? WBC seem to be vague on purpose.
                    Sanctioning fees

Comment

• Originally posted by From Russia View Post
                      Really? Cotto fans told me that its not a duck, but a boss move!
                      Well puerto ricans(excluding those like poster "Golovkin") might consider open blatant ducking, an achievement so it doesnt surprise me.

Comment

Working...
                      X