Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Frank Bruno an elite fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he would smash wilder's chin to smithereens. definite top 3 in today's current climate.

Comment

Definitely not.

Comment

Not an elite but he might be in the top ten at this moment however I'd doubt he'd get a world title.

Comment

No, he beat Oliver McCall for the title where he was holding on to dear life with help of the ref.

Popular fighter and great individual. Sir Bruno

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
            Not an elite but he might be in the top ten at this moment however I'd doubt he'd get a world title.
            "might be in top 10" today?

Seriously?

Takam, Glazkov, Thompson, Chagaev, Pulev are all ranked inside the top 10 today.

Bruno at his best was better than they are.

Comment

Not by my definition of elite, but he was world class.

Comment

No,, never elite, but was just a tier below... Bruno was a legit world class heavyweight,, just never great or the best
                Last edited by Sugar Adam Ali; 11-16-2015, 03:41 PM.

Comment

What hurts bruno the most was that he really didn't have any signature wins.. He had a bunch of signature fights vs tyson, lennox, witherspoon,, but never a signature win besides outpointing mccall

Would have liked to seen bruno mix it up with guys like moorer, Golata, cooper, dokes, evander, mercer, Morrison.. Frank always seemed to have a winning streak fighting club fighters, then cashing in on a big fight, getting beat, then repeating the whole process over again..

Comment

e·lite əˈlēt,āˈlēt
                    noun
                    1. a select part of a group that is superior to the rest in terms of ability or qualities.
                    I'd have a hard time not considering anyone who was a top ten caliber guy thru most of their prime as an elite level guy. I mean most divisions got like 1500+ guys him them. If the top 0.5%-1% of them can't be considered elite that seems like a hell of a curve we're grading fighters on.

Comment

Originally posted by mann187 View Post
                      Never was elite, just a decent heavyweight during his period, hard to see him beat the likes of bowe or holyfield and we know what happened when he fought tyson and lewis.

Im actually suprised he didnt cross paths with the likes of morrison, mercer or ruddock?
                      Yeah, "just a decent heavyweight" probably accurate description.

Morrison, possibly, but Mercer and Ruddock almost certainly would have decapitated him!

Comment

Working...
                      X