No announcement yet.

Was Frank Bruno an elite fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigNuts View Post
    He did give Lewis a good fight, although I heard lewis wasn't 100%.
    Either way a any lewis is very dangerous....take into account both were rivals for their country. I would have to watch that fight again to be honest in making a legit assement on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      Let's make 5 more sanctioning bodies, give out titles???

He won in a real man's era! None of this b1tch crap triple beta crap we have today.

The global population has increased by about 2 billion, how do you fairly compare! How??? Define your criteria, don't be lazy and postulate wild questions. Define your selection criteria, get the criteria peer reviewed, then postulate your question!

Intelligence squared, be precise!
      ^^^^^^^ This

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
        ^^^^^^^ This
        Dang!!!

Zaroku was rather clear.

I don't understand what you were trying to communicate to me, your message was garbled. &¥@7;32/;6()¥):3)@@&.

Ground control to major tom... Can you hear me..,

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          Dang!!!

Zaroku was rather clear.

I don't understand what you were trying to communicate to me, your message was garbled. &¥@7;32/;6()¥):3)@@&.

Ground control to major tom... Can you hear me..,
          ^^^^^ means i agree with whatyou wrote above and my answer too

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
            ^^^^^ means i agree with whatyou wrote above and my answer too
            Cool bro!! I am older and miss clear stuff!!!

Peace bruh!!!

Like your style

Comment

No, not elite. Elite has to do with longevity and durability at the very top. Elite is Lennox for instance, not Bruno.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                No, not elite. Elite has to do with longevity and durability at the very top. Elite is Lennox for instance, not Bruno.

Thanks everyone for the input. I can finally put this to rest that Bruno wasn't elite.

Comment

No but he was a solid B level fighter. He won a world title in his 4th try against Oliver McCall. He beat some decent journeymen heavyweights & he only lost to former World Champions Tyson, Witherspoon, Lewis & Bonecrusher Smith. His best win was over McCall & that was his only big win. Every other step up fight above the journeymen level he lost. His resume is actually pretty thin. He beat Coetzee, Coetzer, Carl Williams, James Tillis, Jose Ribalta & Scott LeDoux. Those guys were all C level journeymen at that point. Bruno was heavily criticized for not stepping up early in his career. Much like Wilder was...

Comment

i was not old enough to see him when he was in his prime and loved by the entire country but looking back on the tapes he seems to have decent skills and boxing, amazing power..but..

he just folded under pressure, not so much a chin problem than a mental one.

Comment

His biggest issue was stamina. He faded late in his fights. When he faded he had a tendency to shoe shine his opponents on the ropes & he would get countered by bombs. He got caught shoe shining a few times in his career...

Comment

Working...
                      X