Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara May Jump To Middleweight After Next Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could see him doing well at 160. I'd favour him over a fair few of the ranked guys there.

Comment

This is as ridiculous as Floyd bashers saying he needs to fight khan. Lara would get brutalized. I get you guys don't like ggg but get behind someone else who can actually beat, or challenge him, like Ward, cotto, canelo. Getting behind a guy who got mugged by angulo until his eye exploded, and had draws with ****in vanes and Carlos Molina, is ****in laughable and embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        This is as ridiculous as Floyd bashers saying he needs to fight khan. Lara would get brutalized. I get you guys don't like ggg but get behind someone else who can actually beat, or challenge him, like Ward, cotto, canelo. Getting behind a guy who got mugged by angulo until his eye exploded, and had draws with ****in vanes and Carlos Molina, is ****in laughable and embarrassing.
        He fought neck and neck with Canelo....which is supposedly going to be GGG's biggest challenge so.....

Comment

I'm fairly confident Golovkin would easily stop Lara, but I'd still like to see him prove it, and Lara would be the best opponent he has fought to date.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
            Like said, Lara arguably beat Alvarez, so saying Alvarez is a challenge but Lara is not doesn't make much sense.

Angulo's eye didn't just randomly explode, Lara beat the **** out of Angulo much more than Angulo did Lara. Lara won every round but the 2 he was dropped in. He clearly beat Vanes, and Carlos Molina was not exactly some bum, he was one of the better fighters at 154 for a few years. Lara kicked the crap out of Williams and Trout. He's a good fighter and a better fighter than anyone Golovkin has fought to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              Only thing I wonder is if Haymon would allow. He's ****-blocked every fight in the last couple years involving his fighters on HBO.
              I think HBO is on record as saying they banned Haymon fighters so it might be the other side thats the problem. The reality PBC is dealing with as many people if not more people than HBO is these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I think HBO is on record as saying they banned Haymon fighters so it might be the other side thats the problem. The reality PBC is dealing with as many people if not more people than HBO is these days.
                HBO agreed to show Quillin/Korobov and they're on record for wanting to show Stevenson/Kovalev, and they would've shown Steiverne/Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Like said, Lara arguably beat Alvarez, so saying Alvarez is a challenge but Lara is not doesn't make much sense.

Angulo's eye didn't just randomly explode, Lara beat the **** out of Angulo much more than Angulo did Lara. Lara won every round but the 2 he was dropped in. He clearly beat Vanes, and Carlos Molina was not exactly some bum, he was one of the better fighters at 154 for a few years. Lara kicked the crap out of Williams and Trout. He's a good fighter and a better fighter than anyone Golovkin has fought to date.
                  Different styles. Canelo is a big strong durable guy, Lara is not. He would get trapped and beaten down. Lara had one of the most disgraceful performances I've ever seen in 20 years and is not interested in fighting a strong opponent which is why he's fought nothing but garbage lately.

Comment

[
                    He killed Quillin/Korobov, refused to negotiate for Russell/Lomachenko, moved Stevenson to Showtime when the Kovalev fight was agreed and now refuses to make HBO an offer on that fight. Also killed Steiverne/Ortiz after that was agreed to.

Haymon just spent over $300mill on tv time-buys and over-pricing fighters to kill out any competition. It goes against his interest to help out his sole competitor in HBO to make their fighter a bigger star, especially at his expense. I think he'd rather sit Lara out than allow him to fight Golovkin.
                    Didn't Russell Jr/Loma happen? Quillin gave up that strap because, as he's proven since then, he's a *****. Stiverne/Ortiz didn't happen for the same reason Ortiz/Jennings didn't happen on the GGG PPV undercard, money. K2 is notoriously cheap when it comes to paying fighters. Jennings sat out and still got the fight for more money. Haymon didn't take Stevenson to HBO, HBO declined to match Showtime's offer. Stevenson gave HBO an opportunity to match. HBO was offering Kovalev a fight deal but not the lineal champ Stevenson. HBO blew that fight and the purse bid by being cheap.

Why wouldn't Haymon have GGG on PBC vs Lara? Lara is as popular as he's going to get. PBC can make more money on advertising from that fight than 20 Lara fights. GGG wins and goes back to HBO to fight cans again. Why are GGG fans so afraid of him being challenged?

Comment

I'm 100% for Golovkin/Lara. Lara's a big JMW, rehydrates to the same 170lbs that Golovkin does. It'd be a perfect fight for Golovkin to have in San Antonio where Lara's fought in the past and he's from nearby Houston. Lara would also be a common opponent with Canelo.

Only thing I wonder is if Haymon would allow. He's ****-blocked every fight in the last couple years involving his fighters on HBO.
                      Haymon's fighters on HBO? How?

Comment

Working...
                      X