Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Margarito: Cotto Hits Like a Girl, He Can't KO Canelo!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This " burden of proof " thing.....

Fk that.

Margarito has the right to fight again, because he has served his suspension.

The suspension was likely adequate, because he did not get caught cheating.

Margarito got caught " preparing " to cheat..... the inserts were found BEFORE the Mosley fight, not after..... so Margarito did not actually cheat according to the commission.

The issue is..... did he cheat in the Cotto fight ?

Well, fk the burden of proof..... those rules no longer apply to Margarito.

I have every right to assume he cheated, this is not a court-of-law, so fk the burden of proof.

Listen, in a jury trial, all a jury does is provide an opinion..... if they deem it "likely" that the offender committed the crime, they will find him guilty.

They do not actually need to provide proof, some cases are he-said she-said..... they just listen to the evidence and then provide their opinion.

Well..... my opinion is that he cheated, based on logic/common-sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bandman View Post
      so cotto punches like a girl then goes on to say canelo wont have it easy. talk about contradicting. this clown should be in prison right now not planning his return to the ring. pacquiao forever has my respect for ruining this guys face.
      And mine, he did a great job. I remember that fight fondly.

Margarito has 3 daddy's fighting for custody, Mosley/Pac/Cotto.

If he wants a big fight give him Golovkin, I wish the very best for him.

Comment

• l must humbly disagree. Remember that return bout with Shane Mosley. He didn't look like the same Antonio Margarito. He appeared gaunt and weakened as Shane constantly backed him
        up and subsequently KO him, Plaster or no plaster, that was actually the beginning of the end of Margarito's career. His physical declne was quite rapid. One got the feeling that Margarito had left something of himself in that ring with Cotto that night. He absorbed an awful lot of physical trauma in that fight perhaps it helped aged and damaged him. In his subsequent fight to Mosley he looked even worse for the wear and tear. His performance was lackluster to say the least. He was even fighting off the backfoot, something we are never accustomed to seeing Tony doing. Even before the Pacquiao fight, Margarito was physically declining before our very eyes .
        Last edited by champion4ever; 11-11-2015, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
          BS Margo says that Cotto hits like a girl. At the first meet everybody here seems to forget that he needed extra time to heal from the injuries from that fight and he had gone missing and was not signing the Mosley contract.

Even uncle Bob didn't know where he was. On top of that at their second meet Margo's head was being snapped back and he was also being pushed back.

The only fast money fight that he can make is against Cotto especially if Cotto beats Canelo.

I say **** Margo, entertain him like he is going to get a fight and let him watch like a dog at a dinner table
          Matt Damon

Comment

• my boy antoineo margs need to come back already

Comment

• Cotto will KO Alvarez between rounds seven and nine. Alvarez and De La Hoya will immediately claim that Alvarez was injured during training camp and was still suffering from that injury during the fight. Afterwards, Alvarez will blame the loss on his trainer, fire him and hire a new trainer. He will then fight three or four C-level fighters before he and De La Hoya start claiming that he is the best fighter in the world and would beat Cotto in a rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by nielon View Post
                Margacheato got ...
                Wow, I had to wait until the 9th comment to finally read the nickname "Margacheato" lol... maybe his 1st fight with Cotto and the later scandal vs. Mosley are old news now???

Comment

• Margarito did not cheat, if Cotto fought the same way he did the first bout, the same result would've happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    In all seriousness though, is Tony in any real position to mock, scorn, ridicule and taunt Miguel Cotto? After all, it was Cotto who ruined Margarito's career. After their first meeting Antonio would no longer be the same fighter as he would go on to lose three of his next four fights. I'ts not funny but tragic and sad. Now he can't fight no more in order to earn a living and to top it all off he nearly lost an eye and then his wife left him. I almost feel sorry for the guy because it seems that their first bout had taken a lot more out of him than we had originally thought because since that time Miguel has gone on to earn $ Millions while Antonio is struggling to find doctors, commissions, promoters and television networks just to allow him the opportunity to earn a living.
                    It wasn't Cotto by any means, who ruined Margarito's career, everybody knows it was:

1) The plaster scandal in his fight vs. Mosley (I've always thought that it was the pre-fight embarrassment that got Antonio completely out of focus in the fight vs. Mosley and that's why he got ko'd).

2) And this is the most important reason: Pacquiao totally destroyed both his eye and his career. That fight should have been stopped like in round 9th or something. The referee was incompetent and Margarito's corner was ******.

In the 2nd fight vs. Cotto, all the latter did was run away from Margarito and throw sharp jabs repeatedly to his hurt eye, knowing it wouldn't take too long for it to swell real bad and screw him for the rest of the fight, until it had to be stopped. Of course I don't take away any credit from Cotto's capability of avoiding getting hit and being able to successfully land on the damaged eye, but frankly, Pacquiao did more than 50% of the work for him even before they started fighting. And still, Cotto got stunned with a few heavy blows from a super-slow and one-eyed Margarito. So IMO it's not a victory to really brag about. Canelo will not be a one-eyed super-slow opponent, so those jabs will probably not have the same effect on Canelo and we will truly see if the "Cotto hits like a girl" thing is true, or just words coming out of total frustration from Margarito after failing to defeat him in their 2nd fight.
                    Last edited by sterilizer; 11-11-2015, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• I saw in an interview where they asked him who would win between Cotto and Martinez, and he said : " Well first of all, they're both my sons..." lmao

Comment

Working...
                      X