Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Money" Mayweather vs "Good Boy" Golovkin @ 154 lbs / 11 Stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Power: Golovkin
    Speed: Floyd
    Ring IQ: Floyd
    Defense: Floyd
    Conditioning: Golovkin
    Counter-punching: Floyd
    Ring Generalship: Golovkin
    Combination punching: Golovkin
    Chin: Golovkin
    Heart: Golovkin
    Corner: Floyd
    Experience advantage: Floyd
    Crowd pleasing style: Golovkin
    Hunger: Golovkin
    Reflexes: Floyd
    Punch Accuracy: Floyd
    Ability to cut off the ring: Golovkin
    Footwork: Floyd
    Balance: Golovkin

I have Floyd winning the first 4 rounds outpointing GGG and boxing his ears off, then after round 5, Golovkin puts his ears back on, adjusts his distance, cuts off the ring more, and maintains a lower level and works his body, working his way back into a tie on the cards by round 10. Round 11 both fighters go toe to toe in the center of the ring and trade leather til the bell rings, and they are forced to separate by the ref, and Floyd sr, who runs into the ring Zab Judah fight style. Round 12 they meet again in the center of the ring and plant their feet and go blow for blow, until with 25 seconds left Golovkin drops him with a tremendous right hand that puts Floyd out cold for 40 seconds like JMM did Manny.

Thoughts?
    Floyd wins a clear decision

And Floyd has superior conditioning, ring generalship, heart, and balance

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
      U baloney.

GGG offered the fight at 154 and ignored for the Bertos and Guerreros.
      GGG offered Ward 168 then ignored when Ward accepted and said "actually, 164"...despite having standing offers for 168 against froch and JCC jr

You trump trash

Comment

• Originally posted by john l View Post
        Canelo and his coach have said over and over that making 152 was no problem even after fight. So ill take their word for it esp when they could easily use it as an excuse. Also Canelo made 54 for another 3-4 yrs which just adds to what he himself has said. Don't make up excuses for fighters that don't believe in them themselves.
        There is a lot wrong with your post if you don't mind my saying.

Canelo moved to Caneloweight after being weight abused by Floyd. He only fought once at 154 after that fight, that was against the very unthreatening Beefy Smith.

Canelo was never okay with the catchweight, he has denied that more than once.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4truth View Post
          There is a lot wrong with your post if you don't mind my saying.

Canelo moved to Caneloweight after being weight abused by Floyd. He only fought once at 154 after that fight, that was against the very unthreatening Beefy Smith.

Canelo was never okay with the catchweight, he has denied that more than once.
          That's BS Canelo and his coach have said MANY times that making 52 was no prob, show me something different? Also Canelo weight was just 155 and that had NOTHING to do with weight and more to do with the fee's from the alpha bit boys(he has said this too). Then after making 55 for a few fights he had no prob going back down a pd to face Smith. He looked just fine vs Smith and the fact you don't think much of Smith has nothing to do with it. He was experienced at 22 because he started at 15, but his body was still one of a 22yr old.Quit making sh it up to further your agenda.If Floyd REALLY wanted an edge he would have asked for 150, and because of money Canelo and GBP would have took it(then you would have something to bit ch about). He was only a few fights from making 147 at time of Floyd fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by john l View Post
            That's BS Canelo and his coach have said MANY times that making 52 was no prob, show me something different? Also Canelo weight was just 155 and that had NOTHING to do with weight and more to do with the fee's from the alpha bit boys(he has said this too). Then after making 55 for a few fights he had no prob going back down a pd to face Smith. He looked just fine vs Smith and the fact you don't think much of Smith has nothing to do with it. He was experienced at 22 because he started at 15, but his body was still one of a 22yr old.Quit making sh it up to further your agenda.If Floyd REALLY wanted an edge he would have asked for 150, and because of money Canelo and GBP would have took it(then you would have something to bit ch about). He was only a few fights from making 147 at time of Floyd fight.
            There are no special fees avoided by fighting at 155 instead of 154.

Floyd did ask for 150 in fact he first asked for 147.

"when the (fight) negotiations started, they wanted me to go to 147. I said that's physically impossible. I couldn't do it. Then they inched up to 150. I said I can't do it, that's impossible. Those days are over. I can't make that weight anymore, I've grown.

"Then they went up to 151. And then finally, so we could make the fight, I said, 'If anything, I'll give up two pounds. I'll go up to 152. I agreed to that. Then they tried to force me to be quiet and not to mention anything that they came up with the weight of 152."
            https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...eight/2802237/

My agenda is that I hate A-side fighters handicapping their opponents. I didn't like it when Floyd did it or when Pac did it but Canelo has taken it to a new level.

Comment

There are no special fees avoided by fighting at 155 instead of 154.

Floyd did ask for 150 in fact he first asked for 147.

"when the (fight) negotiations started, they wanted me to go to 147. I said that's physically impossible. I couldn't do it. Then they inched up to 150. I said I can't do it, that's impossible. Those days are over. I can't make that weight anymore, I've grown.

"Then they went up to 151. And then finally, so we could make the fight, I said, 'If anything, I'll give up two pounds. I'll go up to 152. I agreed to that. Then they tried to force me to be quiet and not to mention anything that they came up with the weight of 152."
              https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...eight/2802237/

My agenda is that I hate A-side fighters handicapping their opponents. I didn't like it when Floyd did it or when Pac did it but Canelo has taken it to a new level.

canelos own words..

“To make the fight I had to give a little, he had to give a little, too,” Alvarez said at the time. “I feel it was fair, and both sides are happy. He fought [with a contract weight of] 154 before, but he wanted the [catch weight] and I accepted it. He gave a little, I gave a little, and we got the fight done.

“I've been able to make the weight in the past without a problem,” Alvarez said. “In fact, in my most recent fights I've been under on the day of the weigh-in. I really don't do that much work, so I think that it's going to be fine. I feel very, very good right now, and in fact, I think it's going to help me. I'm going to be a lot faster.”

Comment

• Originally posted by davef View Post
                canelos own words..

“To make the fight I had to give a little, he had to give a little, too,” Alvarez said at the time. “I feel it was fair, and both sides are happy. He fought [with a contract weight of] 154 before, but he wanted the [catch weight] and I accepted it. He gave a little, I gave a little, and we got the fight done.

“I've been able to make the weight in the past without a problem,” Alvarez said. “In fact, in my most recent fights I've been under on the day of the weigh-in. I really don't do that much work, so I think that it's going to be fine. I feel very, very good right now, and in fact, I think it's going to help me. I'm going to be a lot faster.”
                how about a source for him spouting this^^ company line??

Canelo weighed in before the fight at 165 about a full weight class under his normal fight weight.

Comment

how about a source for him spouting this^^ company line??

Canelo weighed in before the fight at 165 about a full weight class under his normal fight weight.
                  https://www.espn.com/blog/dan-rafael...ling-the-truth

Comment

• lol..So he said that before the fight. WTF did you expect him to say? Did you think he was going to bad mouth the fight so people would not buy it?

Comment

lol..So he said that before the fight. WTF did you expect him to say? Did you think he was going to bad mouth the fight so people would not buy it?
                      so yesterday he was lying today he is telling the truth?

sure

Comment

Working...
                      X