Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Money" Mayweather vs "Good Boy" Golovkin @ 154 lbs / 11 Stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by icha View Post
    strongy disagree, canelo was very young back then, so he was able to do it, went thru hell but still made it... GGG i find it hard to believe he could make 154 healthy, there is a reason he never fought at 154 where the big names (cotto,floyd,canelo) were fighting...
    if the fight was at 160 then the ko was out of question, but at 154 there is a big chance ggg gets badly drained and beat down... not that i picked that option, but i dont see it as a dumb choice at all...
    Canelo was regularly coming into the ring in those days in excess of 170lbs Golovkin under 170. I get where someone might pick Floyd to win a decision, even a wide decision but I feel pretty comfortable with saying that anyone picking Floyd by KO or TKO over Golovkin is making a stupid pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4truth View Post
      Canelo was regularly coming into the ring in those days in excess of 170lbs Golovkin under 170. I get where someone might pick Floyd to win a decision, even a wide decision but I feel pretty comfortable with saying that anyone picking Floyd by KO or TKO over Golovkin is making a stupid pick.
      Crawford was weighing in the ring at 153lbs when at 135. If you’re young and can do the drain, why not? Most boxers on average can do 12-15lbs. JCC Jr. could do 20+ on average. UFC fighters 25+lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
        Crawford was weighing in the ring at 153lbs when at 135. If you’re young and can do the drain, why not? Most boxers on average can do 12-15lbs. JCC Jr. could do 20+ on average. UFC fighters 25+lbs
        I'm not disagreeing necessarily, just pointing it out. Canelo was really up against the rail making 154, 152 was too much. How Golovkin would have done draining himself down slightly less than Canelo was doing is just speculation on my part.

Comment

just cuz rios was able to rehydrate as big as canelo doesnt mean canelo can make 147, there is really no evidence to suggest that ggg was capable of making 154 healthy, if he was then we have to question why he never dared to fight in the same division as the top names??...

Comment

• Thoughts?
            U baloney.

GGG offered the fight at 154 and ignored for the Bertos and Guerreros.

Comment

• Seeing how Floyd threw shade at GGG's offer to come down to 154 and fight him, I'd favor GGG in this one. Floyd would be in survival mode the entire fight, attempting to pot shot and counter his way to another boring decision, but I can see Golovkin catching him just enough to pound out a UD or possibly TKO in late rounds. GGG will walk through Floyd's punches. Close the distance.

Comment

• I heard DLH in a DAZN interview say Canelo walks around at 190 (!). How the hell did he get down to 154?

But the real question here is....whatever happened to Elroy the Great?

Comment

• GGG isnt even a good boxer at 160. How do you expect him to beat the GOAT at 154?

Comment

• It all depends on the year and how well GGG could make 54. If the fight took place in 2009-2013 I would prob pick May by close but clear dec. After that as long as GGG can make weight I think GGG comes on late to win a close, but clear dec.

Comment

I'm not disagreeing necessarily, just pointing it out. Canelo was really up against the rail making 154, 152 was too much. How Golovkin would have done draining himself down slightly less than Canelo was doing is just speculation on my part.
                      Canelo and his coach have said over and over that making 152 was no problem even after fight. So ill take their word for it esp when they could easily use it as an excuse. Also Canelo made 54 for another 3-4 yrs which just adds to what he himself has said. Don't make up excuses for fighters that don't believe in them themselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X