No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Duran: Mayweather Not TBE, I Would Have Beaten Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBloodGod View Post
    Duran just like many other all time greats (Mayweather included) has his own claim to greatest of all time.

Six decades are you kidding me?!

But I have to disagree with him when he says he would have beaten Floyd.

Ray decided to move in the second fight and beat him easily frustrating him to the point of "No Mas"

Floyd by majority decision.
    So being a past prime drunk who barely trained didnt have anything to do with it.

The man was unmotivated in the 2nd fight.
    Get real

Comment

LmFAO at these clowns hollering Duran beats Floyd but not explaining how?!

The only way Duran beats Mayweather is if Floyd fights like he fought in Chino 1.

In that case Duran mauls his ass lmaO

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
        So being a past prime drunk who barely trained didnt have anything to do with it.

The man was unmotivated in the 2nd fight.
        Get real
        He was 29 years old you fcking ******!

Fckin hilarious

Comment

Floyd would have beat Duran.

He would have fought him when he was way past him prime. Probably right after he got KTFO by Hearns.

Comment

Duran In His Prime Would Have Beaten Floyd Jr, Sr, & Uncle Roger In One Night!

Most need to go back and watch old Duran fights, before Leonard even. You think Chavez Sr could hunt down and wear guys out and steal their soul, Duran walked thru everybody like he felt nothing thrown at him, and ruined guys; they were never the same after a Duran beating. Floyd would never have had the kahonies to climb in the ring with Duran.

Comment

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda are words that anyone can utter and most people do. Roberto Duran only won one significant fight above 135 and that was the first fight against Sugar Ray Leonard. He lost against every other significant opponent that he fought at 147 and above. At 135, even though he had 70 plus fights, he only fought three or four quality opponents.

At 135 (a weight in which Mayweather still had power), Mayweather would have KO'd Duran or embarrassed him the way he did Diego Corrales. At 147, Mayweather would have beaten Duran the same way he beat Manny Pacquaio -- easily. Roberto Duran (just like Julio Caesar Chavez) was never as good as his hype. Mayweather would have beaten both of those guys without breaking a sweat.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                Hall of Fame legend, Roberto 'Hands of Stone' Duran, claimed Floyd Mayweather Jr. emulated aspects of his fighting style but never properly used it in the ring.

Duran discredits Mayweather's claim of being "the best ever." Mayweather ranks himself as the best pound-for-pound fighter of all-time.

Last month, Mayweather retired after his twelve round decision victory over Andre Berto. He walked away with an undefeated record of 49-0, and 26 of the wins by knockout.
                [Click Here To Read More]
                Wise words from the best of all time. He would have stopped Mayweather if Mayweather would have fought him which he wouldn't have unless it was a situation where he knew Duran would balloon up like Leonard did for the rematch. A guy like Mayweather is very smart business wise, but he was way to careful in picking his spots to claim to be the best. Duran didn't pick his spots. He fought anybody anytime. He's right in my opinion. He is the best of all time and Mayweather wouldn't have been much in his era.

Comment

Fckin hilarious
                  The Mayweather haters always have excellent excuses to defend their ignorance.

Comment

Fckin hilarious
                    When you turn pro at 15, you prime out earlier. He'd had the majority of his fights by then. And yes. He was not in shape at all. Women and booze had become his priorities by then. Mayweather has always had more discipline. I'll give him that.

Comment

Durans output is dangerous for Mayweather... I also don't see a "No Mas" 2 because Mayweather has nowhere the output Leonard had. Personally I find it to be a close fight going either way... Duran/Pac on the other hands, only ends one way! As much as Pac fans could argue.

Duran had issues with boxers, having a hell of a close fight with Ray Lampkin who was no where near as gifted as Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X