No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Duran: Mayweather Not TBE, I Would Have Beaten Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
    So being a past prime drunk who barely trained didnt have anything to do with it.

The man was unmotivated in the 2nd fight.
    Get real
    Get real?!

Ok.

Tell me when were his prime years?!

Because according to you he was a past prime drunk at 29 lmaO!

Floyd don't drink sht might add!

Comment

Peak Duran v peak May i feel Duran wins

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Hall of Fame legend, Roberto 'Hands of Stone' Duran, claimed Floyd Mayweather Jr. emulated aspects of his fighting style but never properly used it in the ring.

Duran discredits Mayweather's claim of being "the best ever." Mayweather ranks himself as the best pound-for-pound fighter of all-time.

Last month, Mayweather retired after his twelve round decision victory over Andre Berto. He walked away with an undefeated record of 49-0, and 26 of the wins by knockout.
        [Click Here To Read More]
        Of the fab 4, and depending on the weight..... Duran is one that Mayweather would likely have beaten, based purely on style. At 147/154 that is.

At 35 I would go with Duran..... and probably even at 40.

Mayweather could possibly have beaten Leonard, hard to call.

Hearns would give Mayweather fits, I actually think he could knock him out.

Mayweather always wants a boxing match, and Hearns would give him one.

He's a bad style for Mayweather with that length/power/skill.

People say that Mayweather could have beaten Hagler based on what Leonard did, but I doesn't really work like that..... I think Mayweather could possibly beat SRL head-to-head, but Leonard would fare better at middleweight than Mayweather imo.

I think that Hagler would get to Mayweather, especially over 15 rounds.

Mayweather was pushing it at JMW, I dont even think he could beat Golovkin at 160 let alone Hagler.

Comment

Duran fought from bantamweight to super middleweight in a time when there were no catch weights. A rougher time and era and overall better ear for boxing. Mayweather would have gone unnoticed by then, much like his father and his uncle. Duran is right all the way around and like he said, while Mayweather could go 15, he never did prove while Duran did more than once.

Comment

103 fights with 70 KO's!!! That's unheard of in this day and time. I really don't know how the 2 can be compared to each other, simply 2 totally different eras. If I had to put money on who would win between the 2 in just a one time heads up fight, I would be forced to go with Duran. No version of Floyd beats the Duran that showed up in Montreal. Duran forced Ray to fight his fight. I think he would force Floyd into a brawl as well. As intelligent as Floyd is in the ring, I just don't think he would have the fire power to keep Duran off of him. If he didn't engage with Duran, he would end up stinking the place out by being too defensive and simply fighting to survive. Floyd is a defensive genius, so I seriously doubt he would get Ko'd. But once he tasted Duran's power and felt that relentless pressure, he would go into survival mode. Leonard had dangerous punching power to keep Duran honest, but Duran still walked through him. Floyd doesn't possess that type of punching power, and pot shotting would not be effective against a fighter on the level of Duran. On the flip side of that, I think duran was just an ordinary fighter when he came in a fight unmotivated and out of shape. In that situation, Floyd would shine.

Comment

As an ATG it would be offensive if you DIDN'T think you were TBE.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                Of the fab 4, and depending on the weight..... Duran is one that Mayweather would likely have beaten, based purely on style. At 147/154 that is.

People say that Mayweather could have beaten Hagler based on what Leonard did, but I doesn't really work like that..... I think Mayweather could possibly beat SRL head-to-head, but Leonard would fare better at middleweight than Mayweather imo.

Mayweather was pushing it at JMW, I dont even think he could beat Golovkin at 160 let alone Hagler.
                Floyd beats Ray Hagler and Duran.

Loses to Hearns.

Comment

durane would have gotten his ears boxed off clean

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                    Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda are words that anyone can utter and most people do. Roberto Duran only won one significant fight above 135 and that was the first fight against Sugar Ray Leonard. He lost against every other significant opponent that he fought at 147 and above. At 135, even though he had 70 plus fights, he only fought three or four quality opponents.

At 135 (a weight in which Mayweather still had power), Mayweather would have KO'd Duran or embarrassed him the way he did Diego Corrales. At 147, Mayweather would have beaten Duran the same way he beat Manny Pacquaio -- easily. Roberto Duran (just like Julio Caesar Chavez) was never as good as his hype. Mayweather would have beaten both of those guys without breaking a sweat.
                    He barely scraped by maidana the first time and lost to Castillo. Get real phaggot.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

I respect your opinion, but who has Floyd ever beat to make anyone think he beats Sugar Ray Leonard??? The Leonard that fought Hagler, Camacho, Lalonde, and Norris was an over the hill part time fighter. The Leonard that beat Benitez, Hearns, and Duran Ko's Floyd. I agree that Hearns would be the most dangerous for Floyd because of the reasons you stated. Floyd would have never even got in the ring with Hagler. That's an unrealistic fight if you truly know how good Hagler was. But Leonard was a very versatile fighter. If he couldn't outbox Floyd, he would become a pitbull and out fight him.

Comment

Working...
                      X