Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Duran: Mayweather Not TBE, I Would Have Beaten Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have him no1 but i rank him higher than Mayweather.
    I agree with him though when he says he'd beat Mayweather.

Comment

• STFU QUITTER, LOL

Comment

• I doubt it. I recall how foolish Benitez made him look, worse than leonard.

Comment

• Prime Duran beats him with ease but Floyd would never fight him he may fight the one Joppy fought but that's it !

Funny reading how Dloyd would beat him yet he's never faced anyone remotely as good as a prime Duran ?flow mos are so delusional !

Comment

• Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
            Mayweather 38 years old.

worst 2 performances in his career against a B+ level fighter prior to the Pacquiao fight.

Pacquiao 36 years old coming off a good win against P4P #3 guy in the world in Tim Bradley a year earlier.

Floyd 19 years pro.

They both fought almost the same number of rounds.

Pacquiao started boxing at 14, Floyd started training at like 1 and started competing at 10.

Floyd had 90 amateur fights and competed on an international level, nobody knows much about Pacquiao's amateur career.

Floyd's hands have been plagued by injuries for the most part of his career, sure Pacquiao had some minor injuries in his career, but nothing as serious that he had to fight with 1 hand 1/5th of his career.

No excuses, both were old and way past their best, if u judge them based on their recent fights (1 year span before they fought), Pacquiao looked more like his old self than Mayweather, who has shown a lot of decline in 2014.

So you just gonna act like Floyd didn't retire in 2007, eh?

Comment

• Without a doubt he beats Floyd, as does Leanord, Hearns and Hagler.

Comment

• Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
                Prime Duran beats him with ease but Floyd would never fight him he may fight the one Joppy fought but that's it !

Funny reading how Dloyd would beat him yet he's never faced anyone remotely as good as a prime Duran ?flow mos are so delusional !
                More likely its the people picking Duran so easily who are delusional. You can't just base everything on Duran's performance against SRL in the 1st fight.

Much lesser fighters than Floyd beat duran, just like much lesser fighters than Duran gave Floyd a tough time.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  The Duran of 1980 Montreal was maniacal. He was a nonstop machine and would have cut the ring off and unloaded volumes of punches. He had speed, head movement, fast on his feet, power and would have overwhelmed Mayweather. No era compares to the late 70's/early 80's welterweight division; it was the best in 147 pound division in history.

That's the truth......

Comment

• Duran earned the right to feel this way, and honestly, he might not be wrong.

Comment

• Duran has consistently dismissed Mayweather's chances of doing well in his era and doesn't seem to think much of him but i'm sure if they were to fight it would be seen as a toss up by most.

Comment

Working...
                      X