No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Rejects Fighting Golovkin, Unless at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    The comment below is weak sauce to me.....

Canelo's walk-around weight is not even relevant, it has no bearing at all.

The total amount of functional muscle-mass and conditioning that you can take into a fight will be determined at the official weigh-in.

Canelo has never trained to fight at 160, when he does he will be much stronger..... and Canelo has never fought a middleweight opponent.

Its not about being an Aztec warrior or any of that shht.

Boxing doesn't work like that.
    Canelo rehydrated to 175.

If he thinks he isn't a MW, then why fight to be MW lineal champion?

Why does he get to make a mockery of weight classes? They've been there much longer than he has been alive on earth.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      Are you being serious right now? I can't believe boxing fans actually defend this crap. Do you want boxing to be a sport or no? Because without rules and regulations it is not a sport.

Cotto fought, and beat Sergio Martinez for the lineal crown. He then defended that title against a former title holder in Daniel Geale. Cotto is, without any doubt, THE middleweight champion of the world.

Canelo is a guy who in his last four fights has fought above the 154 pound division, which makes those fights middleweight. He is a guy that weighs 172-174 pounds in the ring. Technically he is a middleweight. This isn't an opinion this is a fact. Further if he beats Cotto he will be THE lineal middleweight champion of the world. Just because Canelo likes to bend the rules and fight in a made up weight class of 155 pounds doesn't mean he's not fighting at middleweight. Anything over 154 is middleweight. That's a fact.
      Boxing has always been this kind of sport. I am not going to get suddenly outraged.

I am not saying that I like catchweights or like this, but rather that I acknowledged this kind of stuff as part of the sport. Whether you like it or not.

Canelo's fight night weight has nothing to do with anything, in that case GGG is ducking light heavyweights too. That's a poor argument. And 155, however you slice it, is not 160.

Take Cotto for example. Cotto may be the champ, but he is no way shape or form a 160 fighter. He is just not. Do I think that ethically he should drop the belt then? Yes, but since when is ethics a part of boxing? He is doing what he can by fighting lower and lower to benefit him. So, on the technicality that he is a MW he is supposed to get in the ring with GGG with no advantages at all? Come dude, he doesn't even belong at 160 why is he going to serve himself on a platter against a monster like GGG?

Let me state it again: I am not "defending it." But I often see that boxing fans get all righteous only when their favorite fighter is on the short end of the stick. Remember Floyd and his fans making fun of Pac's cw's? Well, when it was Floyd, they forgot. GGG will have to take it. When he gets power, he will do it too. I hope you complain then too.

Don't hold GGG to a different regard. He's no different in that he is trying to secure the best fights at the best circumstances possible. If he could safely make 154, he would. If he thought he could beat up Ward easy, he would move to 168 tomorrow. That's boxing whether we like it or not.

Not defending it, just seeing boxing for what it is. Not going to get all righteous about a sport that has none of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
        I'm starting to give Cotto much more respect
        You are not !

It would take too long to drag your lips away from Golovkins knob.

Comment

• Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
          Chins don't get better over time especially when the guy is cutting so much weight.
          This whole thing could become a disaster lol
          Yep, he is going to pay for that if he aint careful.

Especially from a guy like Golovkin who will be putting it on him late.

Canelo would likely be much better to wait until he has adapted to 160.

Comment

• So all you saying Canelo is right to demand CW

Will you be Ok if GGG forces Ward down to 160? Or 163 even?

So if CW is the new normal, then GGG never has to move up to challenge himself, he can just demand everyone come to him from 168.

Comment

I cant believe some of the shht you talk.....

" Andre Ward Must Go to 164 or No Fight..... "
              http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkins...o-fight--93850

" We'd Fight Ward at 164, 50-50 Split "
              http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkins...0-split--93258

" He works at 168. I’m 160. I think [fighting in the] middle is very correct, not 160, not 168. 164 is very correctly. " Golovkin said
              sportsnews.com/boxing-mma/golovkin-insists-andre-ward-must-fight-him-at-164/7948
              He posted the YouTube clip of lil g on sportsnation saying 50/50 weight out his mouth and still said he never said it lol

Comment

So if CW is the new normal, then GGG never has to move up to challenge himself, he can just demand everyone come to him from 168.
                He did try to get Ward down in weight, I believe he asked for a 164lb weight limit.

Comment

He will. It is what it is. Why do you think he's trying to fight smaller dudes who have never fought at 160?

You really think he's different? If he was, he would have walked away from trying to become an A-side by beating freaking small Cotto and chasing him around for years.

Won't be okay with it, but it is what it is.

Comment

You are not !

It would take too long to drag your lips away from Golovkins knob.
                    Naw, but if Cotto is willing to man up, when he shouldn't fight GGG, he is the one who needs a CW. Although he should of thought of that before becoming MW champ.

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
                    He posted the YouTube clip of lil g on sportsnation saying 50/50 weight out his mouth and still said he never said it lol
                    I've already ceded this point. Do you want an apology.

It's still not the same.

GGG doesn't outweigh Canelo in the ring.

Comment

Cw are a$$ point blank period but he shouldn't of tried to kick that aside crap with ward says he will go down to 154 for floyd then says no to cw for cinnamon and cotton, he has no leverage against them and needs they name more then that title

Comment

Working...
                      X