No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Rejects Fighting Golovkin, Unless at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KO MX View Post
    good movement by Canelo he is the A SIDE aka the new boxing superstar, little g needs to come down if he wants the fight
    154 for Floyd doe
    How he is a big star idiot.GGG is the A side he is wba-ibf-ibo-interim wbc champion .

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Glazer is saying the gg/lemuiex fight only did 97,000. If so, GGG is going to have to go to 155 or else he aint getting a Canelo fight.
      I was just about to post same thing numbers dropping by day complete and utter disaster in first ppv fight and lost any leverage he would have against cotton and cinnamon

Comment

• GGG should first strip Alvares (showing the world what a proud mexican worrior Canelo is) and THAN he can fight him at 155 for no belt. That is if Canelo is able to win against lineal 160 champion (a joke of a champion that is)

Comment

• Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
          floyd never had "respect of the people" ,matter fact hes hated all across the board. his sparring match with berto still did better numbers than two knockout machines clashing.

triple g was pushed hard, i remember people were so happy about his apple commercial, the guy was on sportsnation, and 20 freakin knockouts in a row and was endorsed by ronda rousey (the cash cow of MMA). yet nobody wanted to see that sht.

the slim to none chance that berto would upset floyd attracted more viewers, since ppl only pay to see floyd lose right?

from an economic standpoint triple g is not even worth considering for an A side like canelo.

the fact that canelo will even sit down and talk should be great news for them. if cotto wins he might fck around and tell him to drop 154.

"miguel cotto only fights for miguel cotto"- miguel cotto. only A sides talk like that.

triple g needs to target quillin/ jacobs winner or degale/bute winner at 168.
          lol, U r 1 of a kind dumbfcuk aren't U?

Didnt u read my comments and the guys comments that I was replying to? It was about who the fcuk is right in this matter, like who is ducking who "blatantly". About who gets the blame if the fight is not made.

I didnt say anything about ppv and economics, fcuk off with that shiiit.

Its about respect and the whole right and wrong in this case of GGG-Canelo. If not than whats the point of these forums?

GGG needs to target? Where were u for the past 5 years? U still believes its GGG who needs to do anything more than waht he is doing to get those pusssys in the ring with him??? Its the other way around pal, the whole fcuking MW is ducking him + some guys above, here choke on this list u POS.

Boxers that ducked/ducking GGG

1---Felix sturm - wouldn't fight him for over 2 years when GGG was mandatory.

2---Peter quillin - said he will only fight for the may-pac kind of money, lol

3---Sergio martinez - "His promoter said that "no way I am putting him with this monster"

4---Hassaan ndam njikam -When Hassaan was WBO champ, he was ordered to a purse bid to face Golovkin no less than two times and he was a no show each time.

5---Miguel cotto - didn't want to fight him despite being mandatory.

6---Julio cesar chavez jr - Turned down 12mil offer by TR

7---Saul alvarez - Thinks that he is fighting at the weight-class of 155, as there is no such thing as a "155 weight-class" ,he is pretending to be not in the MW division because of GGG.There are 17 divisions just pick one, if you can't make 154 then you are a MW, simple.

8---Carl froch - After calling GGG out then when GGG accepted ,he backed down and now he is retired after making all the fuss, GGG was calling him for more than a year so no excuses for "retiring".

9---Andrea Ward. The diva of the 168lb division don't want to travel or meet the a-side GGG in a catchweight so he can become a good boy and get ktfo. Was willing to goto 160 for Floyd but when GGG said 164, Ward ducked.+ he was fine when Dawson came down a whole division for him but wont move half a division for GGG, smh

10---Sebastian Sylvester - When Sylvester was IBF champ, he ducked GGG blatantly

11---Darren Barker - When Barker defeated Geale to become IBF champ, his promoter openly said that Barker will fight any1 except GGG

U still thinks that its GGG who is ducking any1??

OK u still want to talk about popularity? OK

A guy from u.s. to a guy from Kazakhstan?

A guy who is fighting for 20 years to a guy who is fighting 9 years?

A guy who nobody ducked to a guy who these 11 pusssys ducked blatalntly?

A guy who is fighting for his whole life on u.s. TV to a guy who has only 3 years on u.s. TV?

I could go on but the point is that you are comparing popularity in the u.s. not Kazakhstan u little fcuk.
          Last edited by rajaomair; 10-22-2015, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            To clarify, Canelo gets dumped on for not moving up to fight Golovkin but the same guys say Golovkin (who is at least 170 on fight night) can't go to 168 to fight a guy he called out? Pick a set of standards and stick with it guys. Your arguments are weak as hell.
            Couldn't be said better.

Comment

• GGG had The Legend Bernard Hopkins knocking on his door, almost begging for a fight. (I really wanted to see that fight and that would have put GGG status resume-wise a lot higher)

B-HOP (Last week) "I would dissarm Golovkin"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing...211709981.html

Tom Loeffer "We would entertain a fight with Bernard in 1-2 years from now, it may be a possibility" Lolololol Hopkins is 50 yrs now and getting older..... its all self-explainatory...

Comment

• Golovkin "97k" Golovkin better bend over and take it.

Mayweather-Canelo: 2.2MM
                Canelo-Lara: 300k
                Canelo-Angulo: 350k
                Canelo-Cotto: ??? [500-750k?]

Golovkin-Lemiuex: 97k

Bend over boy, slim down to 155 Little G.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaTaTa View Post
                  How he is a big star idiot.GGG is the A side he is wba-ibf-ibo-interim wbc champion .
                  350k ppv > 100k ppv ...

Comment

• Originally posted by nielon View Post
                    Please read my first post AGAIN!! I wrote very cleary that GGG'S situation was not remotely the same as Cotto/Canelo's when they had to CONCEDE AND SACRIFICE to make a HUGE MONEY FIGHT with Manny/Floyd. Truthfully, Cotto/Canelo's situation back then was much more difficult and complex than GGG's "unifiying-division-catchweight-refusals situation". So all the facts that you have wrote to "make sense" for GGG really does not make sense at all.

-2 more pounds for Cotto to shed was huge and even worse for Canelo, and thats not including the purse split that they conceded to make the fight happen.
                    Cotto shed 1 pound, not 2. And they both had experience fighting at lower weight. And in what world is asking Cotto to shed 2 lbs is bigger than asking Golovkin to shed 5? Is 2>5 in your world?

-GGG is not being asked to drop 5 pounds YET, (only a probability, no negotiations yet). However, GGG himself said, he can make 154 for Floyd. Well, we know, he would never get Floyd, so, who are the money makers now?? The only guys that could give GGG a paydate that he can live off for the rest of his life??? Their names are Miguel Cotto and Saul Alvarez. (nobody else in the game now) (Manny is gone too and too small for GGG anyway)
                    Neither Cotto nor Canelo are Floyd. And he wasn't Floyd's mandatory

- GGG's trainer last week "Nobody from [B]154-160[/B] would last 12 Rounds with GGG" roundshttp://www.boxingscene.com/sanchez-nobody-154-160-lasts-twelve-with-golovkin--97123 (So we can assume that 154 is acceptable for GGG in his trainers POV)
                    Sure. But that doesn't mean he should accept a crap deal from Canelo just because Canelo is too scared to fight for the MW title at the MW weight. I think he beats both of them easily, that doesn't mean he should take the chance.

-Cotto/Canelo had already stablished some PPV's record numbers (1mil plus PPV buys) (unlike 100k PPV buys as GGG last weekend), already superstars and STILL BOTH were smart enough businessmen to make sacrifices (accepting catchweights and a lower money split to make HUGE fights)
                    -GGG has never made sacrifices to make a HUGE fight (even for his fan's sake) or to get to the next level. He has only made statements to make it seem like he would fight ANYONE (154-168) only for that to change recently once almost EVERY FIGHTER 154-168 started calling him out. ( Lara, Ward and many others)...
                    Neither one of them can pull 1m PPVs by themselves, and it's arguable that they both will be able to do so. Canelo pulled 400k AFTER Floyd. You're serioussssssssssssly reaching.

And you need to get your facts straight. The 154-168 statement was made more than THREE years ago when he was trying to build his profile in the US.

-I dont think GGG has ever made more 1.5-2 million dollars in one fight, therefore, Why is he so reluctant to make a sacrifice (at least FOR ONCE) to get his highest paying purse and for the sake of all boxing fans that really would like to see him escalate to another level??? Think about it.
                    You're misunderstanding me. There's a very large (80% IMO) chance that GGG accepts a CW. It doesn't mean that Canelo shouldn't be known as a coward, or that we shouldn't point out that fighting for the MW belt at a Jr MW limit is a disgrace.

- He has let the Champion fight TWICE while receiving STEP ASIDE MONEY not for free.
                    Come on man, do you really think he would have ever taken the money if there was a choice? Cotto's camp told him that he's too dangerous and nobody knows him. The risk/reward wasn't there. They told him that they're not gonna fight him, so he can accept the money or try to get the WBC to strip the belt.

He didn't choose to take the money.

-GGG is significantly OLDER than Cotto??? Cotto would be 35 yrs by the time he steps in with Canelo 25 yrs old (another Cotto's sacrifice). GGG is 33 yrs old. Cotto is definitely the oldest and harder for him to peak conditioning-wise due to age. So, again, is GGG significantly older than Cotto/Canelo????.... Please get your "facts" straight and be neutral when it comes to assesing GGG's situation. "No blessings without sacrifices"... Thats why GGG has not being blessed with a HUGE FIGHT YET!!!
                    Please re-read what I said, perhaps I was not clear. When Cotto/Canelo fought their brand name fights (Floyd/Manny), they were significantly younger than Golovkin. I specifically listed that Canelo was 24 and Cotto was 28.

As I also said (and you ignored), both of them were asked to cut HALF the weight that Canelo is asking Golovkin to cut (2 lbs vs 5).

And MOST importantly, the catchweight for both Canelo and Cotto wasn't nearly as big of a deal for them because both of them spent YEARS fighting BELOW those catch weights.

They're asking an older fighter who's never fought below 159 to cut to 155 while fighting for a 160 title, AND risk two of his. What they're doing is a disgrace to boxing. If you defend the MW title, you should defend it at the title's limit, not trying to make your fight easier. They might as well ask him to fight with only one hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      Glazer is saying the gg/lemuiex fight only did 97,000. If so, GGG is going to have to go to 155 or else he aint getting a Canelo fight.
                      You have a link? 97K

Comment

Working...
                      X