Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Rejects Fighting Golovkin, Unless at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• be it be the words of canelo or cotto, GGG WILL do whatever the victor says he'll do or there will simply be no fight.

levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      You know what I'm talking about.

Froch 168
      Chavez 168
      Ward 164

You see nothing wrong with that? And I don't wanna hear about A/B sides or anything of that nature.

Is that cw bullshit or no?
      Come on bigjavi, I know you followed what I said.

-Does Gennady have a belt at 168 pounds?
      No.
      -Canelo/Cotto would be the LINEAL middleweight king and hold the WBC middleweight belt, in which Gennady is mandatory to.

Imagine if Gennady was a champion at 168 pounds, in which Ward was mandatory to. And Golovkin then said the only way he'll fight Ward is at 161 pounds. Could you imagine that? In no way shape or form would that be OK, it would be outrageous. And yet that's what Canelo would be doing to Golovkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by rajaomair View Post
        are u stupid or just trolling? 99% of people here already lost respect for Canelo "based on this thread" like I told U they would, u just proved my whole fcuking point.

So if Canelo really goes through with this shiiit then he will also lose the respect of the people outside this thread. come on its not exactly rocket science here.
        floyd never had "respect of the people" ,matter fact hes hated all across the board. his sparring match with berto still did better numbers than two knockout machines clashing.

triple g was pushed hard, i remember people were so happy about his apple commercial, the guy was on sportsnation, and 20 freakin knockouts in a row and was endorsed by ronda rousey (the cash cow of MMA). yet nobody wanted to see that sht.

the slim to none chance that berto would upset floyd attracted more viewers, since ppl only pay to see floyd lose right?

from an economic standpoint triple g is not even worth considering for an A side like canelo.

the fact that canelo will even sit down and talk should be great news for them. if cotto wins he might fck around and tell him to drop 154.

"miguel cotto only fights for miguel cotto"- miguel cotto. only A sides talk like that.

triple g needs to target quillin/ jacobs winner or degale/bute winner at 168.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          Who are you a fan of?
          boxing bro

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            Come on bigjavi, I know you followed what I said.

-Does Gennady have a belt at 168 pounds?
            No.
            -Canelo/Cotto would be the LINEAL middleweight king and hold the WBC middleweight belt, in which Gennady is mandatory to.

Imagine if Gennady was a champion at 168 pounds, in which Ward was mandatory to. And Golovkin then said the only way he'll fight Ward is at 161 pounds. Could you imagine that? In no way shape or form would that be OK, it would be outrageous. And yet that's what Canelo would be doing to Golovkin.
            so for you its ok to fight the bigger froch & chavez jr at 168 (both have no belts) but for ward is 164?

Cuz that's what I'm talking about and you know it. Now stop beating around the bush.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              A few problems with that.
              -Cotto vs. Manny was at 145. Cotto's previous fight he came into at 146. early in his career he fought at 140 for 4 years. Cotto was 28 years old. He was young and had plenty of experience at that weight.
              -Cotto vs Floyd was at 154 for Super WW belt, which has a weight limit of 154.
              -Canelo vs. Floyd was at 152. Canelo was risking 1 belt and was giving up 2 lbs from his usual weight. He was 24 years old. Canelo had ~6 years of experience of fighting at 147.
              As far as I remember, none of the fighters were mandatory to the belt.

Golovkin's situation a bit different.
              -He's risking TWO belts against 1
              -He's being asked to give up 5 pounds, not 2.
              -He's significantly older than Cotto/Canelo
              -He has never fought below 160.
              -He's a mandatory to the belt that Cotto is holding.
              -He has let the title holder accept another fight TWICE, once for Geale, and now for Canelo.

So no, they are not the same.
              Please read my first post AGAIN!! I wrote very cleary that GGG'S situation was not remotely the same as Cotto/Canelo's when they had to CONCEDE AND SACRIFICE to make a HUGE MONEY FIGHT with Manny/Floyd. Truthfully, Cotto/Canelo's situation back then was much more difficult and complex than GGG's "unifiying-division-catchweight-refusals situation". So all the facts that you have wrote to "make sense" for GGG really does not make sense at all.

-2 more pounds for Cotto to shed was huge and even worse for Canelo, and thats not including the purse split that they conceded to make the fight happen.
              -GGG is not being asked to drop 5 pounds YET, (only a probability, no negotiations yet). However, GGG himself said, he can make 154 for Floyd. Well, we know, he would never get Floyd, so, who are the money makers now?? The only guys that could give GGG a paydate that he can live off for the rest of his life??? Their names are Miguel Cotto and Saul Alvarez. (nobody else in the game now) (Manny is gone too and too small for GGG anyway)
              - GGG's trainer last week "Nobody from [B]154-160[/B] would last 12 Rounds with GGG" roundshttp://www.boxingscene.com/sanchez-nobody-154-160-lasts-twelve-with-golovkin--97123 (So we can assume that 154 is acceptable for GGG in his trainers POV)
              -Cotto/Canelo had already stablished some PPV's record numbers (1mil plus PPV buys) (unlike 100k PPV buys as GGG last weekend), already superstars and STILL BOTH were smart enough businessmen to make sacrifices (accepting catchweights and a lower money split to make HUGE fights)
              -GGG has never made sacrifices to make a HUGE fight (even for his fan's sake) or to get to the next level. He has only made statements to make it seem like he would fight ANYONE (154-168) only for that to change recently once almost EVERY FIGHTER 154-168 started calling him out. ( Lara, Ward and many others)...
              -I dont think GGG has ever made more 1.5-2 million dollars in one fight, therefore, Why is he so reluctant to make a sacrifice (at least FOR ONCE) to get his highest paying purse and for the sake of all boxing fans that really would like to see him escalate to another level??? Think about it.
              - He has let the Champion fight TWICE while receiving STEP ASIDE MONEY not for free.
              -GGG is significantly OLDER than Cotto??? Cotto would be 35 yrs by the time he steps in with Canelo 25 yrs old (another Cotto's sacrifice). GGG is 33 yrs old. Cotto is definitely the oldest and harder for him to peak conditioning-wise due to age. So, again, is GGG significantly older than Cotto/Canelo????.... Please get your "facts" straight and be neutral when it comes to assesing GGG's situation. "No blessings without sacrifices"... Thats why GGG has not being blessed with a HUGE FIGHT YET!!!

Comment

• If he's not ready to fight at 160 then he shouldn't be fighting for the lineal 160 lb. title.

~The end.

Comment

• Bravo Canelo Bravo, I'm proud you learned from Floyd n Cotto how the A side works. Lil G fans make no mistake about it, after Canelo becomes the WBC middleweight Champ of the world Nov.21 he dictates the terms of who he fights. Lil G brings nothing to the table for Canelo his 3 belts are meaningless as everyone know that the WBC belt is the lineal champion. Like Lil G told Ward either fight at a catchweight or forget about it. So unless Lil G willing to come down to 155lbs to fight Canelo then he can forget about ever fighting him. But Lil G fans seem alright with that as long as he keeps knocking out ESPN fighters like Curtis Stevens and willie Monroe, lol. Trust me when I say this Canelo won't loose any respect from his fans for this move just like Lil G fans didn't loose any respect for him for trying to make Ward fight at a catchweight. We all know boxing is a business the bigger PPV star dictates terms and if Lil G really wants to become a PPV star he will have to bend over and take it like a man. Remember Lil G fans Canelo doesn't need Lil G on his resume but Lil G does need Canelo on his in order to become a PPV star.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaguaresmx View Post
                    cotto is no 160 lbs (are we really going to pretend that? He's a true small fighter for the class) and canelo has never fought on that weight. Even if he had, if he wants to do it at 150 for ggg, that's his call.

But you misunderstand the point. Boxing politics are not about principle. They are about power and who commands. Ggg doesn't. He wants to. He's no innocent hero either. But to do that, he has to bend regardless of how wrong the principle.

Essentially you are asking ggg to be the one that does no sacrifice (no coming down or up in weight) when in fact he is the worst position to demand anything.

Fair? Maybe not. But's that's boxing.
                    ^^^ this!!!

Comment

• The bout cannot be at 154, WBC won't Sanction

As a mandatory, GGG can just walk away with the belts.

Andrade wants to fight. That would be more competitive anyways.

Originally posted by baya View Post
                      be it be the words of canelo or cotto, GGG WILL do whatever the victor says he'll do or there will simply be no fight.

levels.
                      The good part for GGG is he walks away one step away from unifying MW division, and Lineal.

And litterally didn't have to break a sweat. Fear is a powerful thing.

Originally posted by nielon View Post
                      Please read my first post AGAIN!! I wrote very cleary that GGG'S situation was not remotely the same as Cotto/Canelo's when they had to CONCEDE AND SACRIFICE to make a HUGE MONEY FIGHT with Manny/Floyd. Truthfully, Cotto/Canelo's situation back then was much more difficult and complex than GGG's "unifiying-division-catchweight-refusals situation". So all the facts that you have wrote to "make sense" for GGG really does not make sense at all.
                      The fight can't be at 154, it wouldn't be sanctioned.

Comment

Working...
                      X