No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Rejects Fighting Golovkin, Unless at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KO'er View Post
    You could argue Canelo could easily fight at 160lbs due to weighing 172lbs fight night. Plus Golovkin never had to get to 155lbs in his career, who knows how it'll affect him?

Canelo knows this. BTW i'm not a huge fan of GGG in particular, I just want the biggest fights to me made in boxing properly.
    ya well i think ggg beating canelo is pointless i want ward ggg myself at which lets not forget ggg asked for 164

Comment

• Originally posted by rajaomair View Post
      Yes he will. U just said that "GGG is not wrong"
      Doesn't make Canelo wrong either. More important, he isn't going to lose everyone's respect like you say. But you also said you're just pointing out what's right and wrong, not predicting the future. Your prediction is off anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
        He suddenly changed his tune from acting like he would fight GGG and not ducked. Must have been terrified after watching Lemieux get dominated every single round.

or, maybe he's remembering the sparring sessions against GGG.

Either way, this doesn't even make any ****ing sense, Canelo. The only reason why he would even want to do this is because GGG is an older guy and draining that much water weight when he's not used to it might potentially hinder his performance. The fact that Canelo weighs more than GGG and drains just as much water weight blows my mind. He's acting as disgraceful as JCC jr.
        or maybe he actually wants the fight but at 155 pounds

Comment

• I see that Floyd's fans who suddenly loved Ward are now suddenly Canelo fans and Cotto might be good too depending on outcome

GGG is the great uniter

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            But is it ok for ggg to do it?

Cuz I've only seen like 2 ggg fans call bullshiiit on the 164 lbs catchweight for ward.
            Catchweights are for 2 fighters 1 weightclass apart in order to even the playing field for BOTH fighters.

Canelo and GGG are in the SAME weightclass. Not only are they in the same weight class, Canelo is the bigger man. So why would the bigger man want to starve/dehydrate himself for a CW rather than come in comfortably?

Canelo is 167.8lbs 30 days out for a fight at 155. He's killing himself to make this CW. WHY?

Comment

• Dude walks around bigger than GGG but only wants to fight at 155.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                Catchweights are for 2 fighters 1 weightclass apart in order to even the playing field for BOTH fighters.

Canelo and GGG are in the SAME weightclass. Not only are they in the same weight class, Canelo is the bigger man. So why would the bigger man want to starve/dehydrate himself for a CW rather than come in comfortably?

Canelo is 167.8lbs 30 days out for a fight at 155. He's killing himself to make this CW. WHY?
                thats the biggest load of one sided crap i have ever heard. ggg had no problem going to the full 168 to fight chavez and froch but for ward he wants to drain him like u said

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
                  Canelo says that but I think he may change his mind, depending on how the Cotto fight goes. I think he and GGG will meet even at 155 which GGG may actually do because of what a mega event it will be. Cotto isn't fighting GGG regardless of the weight lol, Roach/Arum would never let that happen. No disrespect to Cotto but we all know Cotto ends up in the ER if he steps in the ring with GGG. Canelo I think has a decent chance to compete with GGG at least but Cotto has zero chance to I feel. Cotto has the skills and experience sure, just not the size, chin or skin to hold up to GGG shots.
                  Not true... First of all Arum is not Cotto's promoter and Roach already said he likes the fight (“I like the fight. I would like for (Cotto) to fight Triple G next,” Roach told the Boxing Scene). Cotto has never been a fighter to let anyone tell him what to do anyway. If the money's right he'll fight GGG

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post

Either he's:

1. (what we all know is the truth) just bluffing to stall the fight

2. thinks he has more experience with painful weight cutting and it might throw GGG off his game

but it's going to backfire, Canelo won't be able to make 155 much longer and this **** will look very ******

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Doesn't make Canelo wrong either. More important, he isn't going to lose everyone's respect like you say. But you also said you're just pointing out what's right and wrong, not predicting the future. Your prediction is off anyway.
                      Yes it does, I already provided the reasons which makes canelo "wrong". He will lose all respect that he built by fighting Lara. So at least we can agree on whats wrong and right in this case. I only predicted about Canelo's respect which has 99.9% chance of happening. How is my prediction way off, do u even understand what "prediction" is??

Comment

Working...
                      X