No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Exactly. Two strong B-side opponents will do about 325K, maybe more. The only way GGG sniffs 500 is against Cotto or Canelo.
    what about GGG vs Ward ppv buys?

Comment

• I believe it. Fighthype isn't anti GGG. In fact they support GGG, and have done several exclusives with him. And they talk to Abel Sanchez all the time.

Comment

• Fight hype is a legit site. They break news quite regularly. I really have a hard time understanding the second guessing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
          It was Judah
          It was actually Malignaggi but it was a TR PPV and went against the very successful Hopkins Vs Tarver HBO PPV in the same night. Hopkins-Tarver did a pretty good 330k buys for a LHW fight it's great numbers. Cotto-Malignaggi did 150k. Cotto's first HBO PPV was against Judah though, which sold 220k PPV's. But keep in mind Judah was coming off 1.5 year layoff and a 1 round NC to a journeyman. So it was not a fight that belonged in PPV at all. udah was a top 5 WW somehow even with his back to back losses to Baldomir and Floyd + 1.5 year layoff right after those two losses, and then a 1round NC comeback.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
            Fight hype is a legit site. They break news quite regularly. I really have a hard time understanding the second guessing.
            you know why......lol

Comment

• Oh god nsb is obsessed with PPV buys so badly I was hoping this kind of stuff would go away after Floyd retired.

Comment

• Financescene

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                  Fight hype is a legit site. They break news quite regularly. I really have a hard time understanding the second guessing.
                  the second guessing is because its only tuesday. PPV numbers, regardless of buyrate, are NEVER out this early. Most distributors havent even sent in their totals to HBO yet.

By Thursday or Friday the numbers will be much more reliable.

where these predictions usually come from is someone knows someone at one of the cable companies, and they try and extrapolate those numbers across every other cable distributor. It doesnt work.

In case people have amnesia, the Floyd-Berto numbers were all over the place. 550k, 425k, 395k, 525k, etc etc
                  Last edited by OnePunch; 10-20-2015, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    I wonder why he bailed so early? Its not like Fighthype is a credible source or anything, especially only 72 hours after the ppv.

He should have waited for a more credible source before jumping out the window.........lol

Edit: and personally, I dont believe the 150k number. And not just because of GGG. I think the HBO platform and marketing would have delivered a better number. You have to go all the way back to 2004 and Klitschko vs Danny Williams to find an HBO ppv that did less than 200k buys.

My prediction was 225k-250k, so we'll see how it plays out.......
                    They're more credible than one punch productions.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                      They're more credible than one punch productions.
                      that's great. Except im not the one "reporting" ppv buys 72 hours after the event, so my credibility isnt at issue here.

Comment

Working...
                      X